GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh we're bumping up on 1000 posts on our thread!

I wonder will we make it to verdict on this thread? :scared:

The only one I watch is "Pitbulls and Parolees" because I loooooove any type of bully breed! The uglier the better!

My 9 year old daughter is OBSSSED with "American Hogger" and plans to be a professional hog hunter (I'm fairly certain she is the ONLY girl who dressed as a hog hunter for career day at school. Ever.) She is very serious about these plans. She assured me she won't need any funds for college, but she will need a pick-up truck, a pack of good dogs and lots of kercheifs because "hog hunting is dusty work!"
That's great! To do what you love to do is the best job in the world, encourage her to keep that ambition, even though she may change her mind someday- or she may be the best hog hunter ever :loveyou:

Jury rooms typically have a private restroom for jurors connected to it.

I may be totally misremembering here, but I seem to recall dodging jurors in the restroom at the BC trial. Perhaps that was coming back from lunch or something. I remember riding with a couple of them on the elevator and them saying, "Ohh, time to put our juror faces back on now." That was one special group of jurors.

This jury is beginning to remind me of the Michael Dunn jury....GROAN!:tantrum:

Anon D, I'm just wondering if we'll make it to verdict! I had a "today" feeling, but maybe I just needed to burp.
icon9.gif

We have video!

Sha absolutely testified to the fact that bleach causes migranes for her and her mother and that's why her mother (and she herself) always use white vinegar for cleaning -- due to the bad reactions they get from bleach.

Yet there's Amanda buying at least 1 gallon of bleach from Target after claiming Grant called her to ask her to get it. Except (oops) there's no call received from Grant on her phone, so that too was a lie. She planned to get it before ever walking into Target.

Because Amanda considered everything Sha had as her own to do with as she pleased. LE brought the hutch back to NC as evidence and Sha testified that she now has it in her own home. No way she'd sell a part of her life.

I dont think sha lived with amanda when amanda aquired that hutch. She aquired it with nicky!!!!

Oh, Cuckoohead, you seem to be a very compassionate person. I feel the same way about animals, so I cannot even watch that channel, with programs like Animal Cops, cannot stand to see abuse of anything or anyone.:loveyou:

OT MissSally I don't watch the animal rescue programs because I go berserk when something is helpless and dependent on an adult and abused or neglected. What the heck is wrong with some people? And I don't give a rat's behind if they were abused when they were kids. They need to grow up and do right by the people and creatures that are dependent on them.

My grown son told me about a u tube he just saw. Firefighters resusitated a kitten found dead in the rubble of a fire. Three big, burly firefighters huddled around the body of the kitten and brought him back to life. I said 'ohhhh' and kind of choked up when I saw that and my son said 'yeah'. Then I looked at number of views. We are not alone Miss Sally that video had over 20 million hits. There are plenty of good people still around.

We just need to keep an eye on (prison) the Amanda's and Grant's in this world and keep people safe from both of them. IMO

I may be totally misremembering here, but I seem to recall dodging jurors in the restroom at the BC trial. Perhaps that was coming back from lunch or something. I remember riding with a couple of them on the elevator and them saying, "Ohh, time to put our juror faces back on now." That was one special group of jurors.

Maybe different in different locals. I was on two juries while living in MA. Both times there was a private bathroom adjacent to the jury room. Anyone else know about juror bathrooms?

Because Amanda considered everything Sha had as her own to do with as she pleased. LE brought the hutch back to NC as evidence and Sha testified that she now has it in her own home. No way she'd sell a part of her life.

THANK YOU CAROLINA MOON! I am so happy to have closure where that HUTCH goes. Did Shae say that during this trial or the last one? Maybe I need to be tolerate about this jury. You just put me in my place!!!

And I am so glad you did.

(and I agree Amanda thought of Shae as property. I can only imagine what went on regarding her custody as she was growing up!)

I like Shae. She seems like an honest, level headed, kind young woman.

I wish her a most marvelous life.

There might be a smoker on the jury!!!! They r getting ready to deliver the verdict and they needed a smoke! moo

Yeah, that has happened before.
Or, maybe because Grant's verdict came so quickly, the same thing would happen here.Just have no idea what is going on.
Did a holdout come over and now there are just 1-2 left to convince?
Could be anything.They still have to let the court know what they decided on regarding Sha's testimony, right?

I am not very confident in this jury at this point. They didn't keep notes or someone wrote down something that conflicted with what others recalled/noted. And they seem to LOVE breaks! I would think they would want to hunker down to the work at hand and get it done.

I want to know the make up of this jury. How many men. How many women. Age range. Do we know the education level/jobs?

Anyone know.. I can understand taking your time because it is a capital offense BUT Shae's testimony? She clearly didn't do anything but contradict Amanda.

I am really wondering if that hutch went along in case they were stopped for any reason and someone looked in the back they would see this hutch and not the coolers. It was brought to help them conceal.

If they were so hard up for money why GIVE it to KAREN? Especially when it had already been given to Shae and only brought to NC because she left NY. Was that used to bribe Karen? Amanda offered her sister this expensive hutch to help her or keep quiet?

Was the hutch left and sold in TX to help pay for Amanda's attorneys?

Why does that hutch bug me so???

Jewels and Geevee can back me up on this - we were all following the Chrisman trial in Arizona. So the jury comes in Day 1, goes out Day 1, comes in Day 2, goes out Day 2, comes in Day 3, goes out Day 3.....I don't even remember how many days in total. (They did have shorter hours each day than this jury, though). Anyway, as time went on we were getting nervous, but kept having faith that they are just being thorough, wanting to be sure, etc.. Well, it ended up being mistrial on the Murder charge. Guilty on another charge.

There is a reason they are taking so long, and I don't think it's just to be thorough.

OT MissSally I don't watch the animal rescue programs because I go berserk when something is helpless and dependent on an adult and abused or neglected. What the heck is wrong with some people? And I don't give a rat's behind if they were abused when they were kids. They need to grow up and do right by the people and creatures that are dependent on them.

My grown son told me about a u tube he just saw. Firefighters resusitated a kitten found dead in the rubble of a fire. Three big, burly firefighters huddled around the body of the kitten and brought him back to life. I said 'ohhhh' and kind of choked up when I saw that and my son said 'yeah'. Then I looked at number of views. We are not alone Miss Sally that video had over 20 million hits. There are plenty of good people still around.

We just need to keep an eye on (prison) the Amanda's and Grant's in this world and keep people safe from both of them. IMO

I gotta look for that video, Cuckoohead! It sounds precious. I cannot watch that lllloooonnnngggg commercial with the cats/kittens dogs/puppies for the ASPCA (or similar) without getting misty. I usually try to FF through it, or I mute the TV. LOL

The only one I watch is "Pitbulls and Parolees" because I loooooove any type of bully breed! The uglier the better!

My 9 year old daughter is OBSSSED with "American Hogger" and plans to be a professional hog hunter (I'm fairly certain she is the ONLY girl who dressed as a hog hunter for career day at school. Ever.) She is very serious about these plans. She assured me she won't need any funds for college, but she will need a pick-up truck, a pack of good dogs and lots of kercheifs because "hog hunting is dusty work!"

Sure beats being a parent of those have become professional students because they don['t know what they want to be, I suppose. Aren't those wild boars tusked and short tempered as all get out?

I'm with you, Cuckoohead, those kinds of videos get me in the heart. I guess I just can't understand anyone who abuses something so helpless as baby, animal, anything!
Maybe that's what brings me here, to see that people such as A&G received the punishment they deserve. Yes, the world is still full of wonderful people, but, man, the bad ones sure can ruin life for everyone. :loveyou:

As far as the jury's view of Laura as a parent, think of Sha's testimony about her childhood. She was only around her mother when it was convenient and, as and adult, when she was needed. Mommy Dearest expected her to jump whenever she called.

Would they want that for Lily?

Amana said Shay was "grumpy" quite a lot during her pregnancy. Sounds like she expected her to be at her beck and call all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarlaK