GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see what any of Grant's women saw in him, whatsoever. It could be a drug connection. Maybe it's just been a combination of everything you mentioned and then some psych problems within each woman. I understand both Amanda's and Laura's need for 'family' as both came from fractured childhoods. I think each was needy in that respect.

You read my mind. I only caught up with this case yesterday, watching youtube videos and reading for several hours last evening. I got around to Grant Hayes last.

Looking at beautiful Laura, and the once very attractive (not so much now) Amanda ... I was expecting some handsome, charismatic hunk, and I was shocked when I saw film and photos of him! :eek: Let's just say he's not the best looking bloke I've ever seen and leave it there.

Likewise his voice, personality etc. - more charmless than charming.

I can't figure out what these women saw in him. They must have been looking through love goggles.

Oh wait....I just now got this (yes I am a little slow) - they are comparing "Laura's" supposed writring in the letter with Laura's real writing from her diary/journal. Took me a little while to get that....LOL!

WHY would they be stuck on this?? What does it matter? She was murdered! Confused. :dunno:

1. Maybe for the handwriting!

2. For Lauras state of mind. ( would she ever give those boys up? ) NEVER!!!!

This makes me feel a little better...

The phrase that keeps running through my head was when AH was supposed to have said "It wasn't supposed to happen that way". It sure would be interesting to know how it was supposed to have happened.

There's no way in my mind this wasn't premeditated.

1. Maybe for the handwriting!

2. For Lauras state of mind. ( would she ever give those boys up? ) NEVER!!!!

Why would they focus on Laura's state of mind? Can someone please share their opinion of this request?

LOL...yeah, sorry, that would be kind of confusing if someone doesn't know who Chad is.....Chad is the cameraman for this trial, I believe he does all of the trials in that courtroom? Like for example he also did Grant Hayes trial, and I don't know which other ones he's done.

Sorry but is he the slowpoke who would leave the camera on say Boz during closing and while BOZ was showing and changing slides for the court/jury we were stuck with watching Boz talk about whatever was on the screen?

I thought whoever did Arias did pretty good, though some gruesome stuff was released to the public I don't know if it was the camera person's fault.

This makes me feel a little better...

The phrase that keeps running through my head was when AH was supposed to have said "It wasn't supposed to happen that way". It sure would be interesting to know how it was supposed to have happened.

There's no way in my mind this wasn't premeditated.

I would love to hear what Sha and Karen really believe happened. Or know happened. Whichever.

You read my mind. I only caught up with this case yesterday, watching youtube videos and reading for several hours last evening. I got around to Grant Hayes last.

Looking at beautiful Laura, and the once very attractive (not so much now) Amanda ... I was expecting some handsome, charismatic hunk, and I was shocked when I saw film and photos of him! :eek: Let's just say he's not the best looking bloke I've ever seen and leave it there.

Likewise his voice, personality etc. - more charmless than charming.

I can't figure out what these women saw in him. They must have been looking through love goggles.

Oh, you should have seen him at his trial....he wore the same clothes every day....a white shirt that looked like an undershirt-tee. I don't think it was actually an undershirt, probably a white dry-fit shirt. He walked in like he was in grade school, like it was no big deal. :banghead:

The jury did not ask for diagrams, the note, Laura's journals, etc.. Like they are with Amanda. I think Grant's courtroom appearance and demeanor partially contributed to that.

I think Amanda' appearance plus her testimony is making them look harder at Amanda's involvement, even though IMO Grant and Amanda are equall involved in everything.

JMO.

Why would they focus on Laura's state of mind? Can someone please share their opinion of this request?

I think it's both, *would* Laura ever entertain such an idea as giving up custody of her children for money (writings in journals), and did she write or sign that document saying she would (compare handwritings of each). At least the jury is trying to determine this for themselves and not taking at face value what either side has said about it, I think that's a good sign of a thoughtful jury.

Sorry but is he the slowpoke who would leave the camera on say Boz during closing and while BOZ was showing and changing slides for the court/jury we were stuck with watching Boz talk about whatever was on the screen?

I thought whoever did Arias did pretty good, though some gruesome stuff was released to the public I don't know if it was the camera person's fault.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Yes, you're right.

Yesterday they asked a question about acting in concert, yes? So if the note is forged, there's a better chance that they both pre-planned together. Especially if the note is in "female" handwriting that is not Laura's and/or is inconsistent with the thoughts in her journal. Idk, that's all I got lol

I think it's both, *would* Laura ever entertain such an idea as giving up custody of her children for money (writings in journals), and did she write or sign that document saying she would (compare handwritings of each). At least the jury is trying to determine this for themselves and not taking at face value what either side has said about it, I think that's a good sign of a thoughtful jury.

bbm

But I am having issue with why this jury is apparently taking a closer look than Grant's jury did. Why does Amanda get the benefit of "extra" attention/thoughtfulness?

She is as evil as Grant is. She did this just as much as he did.

JMO.

I would love to hear what Sha and Karen really believe happened. Or know happened. Whichever.

Me too. My heart breaks for Sha. Karen...I'm not sure about. AH had several times she could have contacted authorities but so did Karen.

If my sister would have involved my family in a murder I'm afraid I would probably kill her with my own hands. (Well, not really, but YKWIM). It all just seemed "too normal" for me. Very strange.

I would love to read a book from Sha "My Life with Mom".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude