GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What notable items were never recovered other than that particular saw, LA's tape recorder, etc.? Could it be that some things were thrown away together in a different location. But where? Kinston? Or is this far-fetched?

Grant or Amanda probably tossed them somewhere (a dumpster) when either one parked Laura's car at the apartment complex.

I couldn't figure out why Grant didn't just take the body parts to dump them somewhere closer, within 1 to 3 hours away and not near anything or anyone associated with them. A road trip to TX to dump body parts was just really stupid on so many levels of stupidity.

When isn't murder stupid though?
And, why do they always think they won't get caught?

:(

What notable items were never recovered other than that particular saw, LA's tape recorder, etc.? Could it be that some things were thrown away together in a different location. But where? Kinston? Or is this far-fetched?
Nothing is far-fetched at this point :facepalm:

2995028.jpg

Unlike us who have gone over this x2 with a fine-toothed comb, I think they are having a hard time understanding how no one else heard the saw or complained about the noise. I think they have not come to the realization that it was done on a Wednesday during the day when everyone else was at work and the boys were with Sha. You have to admit it was pretty damned risky to dismember a body in an apartment with a saw.

I am also thinking that maybe Gaskins' argument got to some of them re: there were no cut marks anywhere in the bathroom. Remember when he did that demonstration that as the saw is going over hard material, once it goes through and the pressure is lifted off of it, it will go downward rapidly. He was saying it should have nicked somewhere in the bathroom whereever they were cutting up the body.

Unlike us who have gone over this x2 with a fine-toothed comb, I think they are having a hard time understanding how no one else heard the saw or complained about the noise. I think they have not come to the realization that it was done on a Wednesday during the day when everyone else was at work and the boys were with Sha. You have to admit it was pretty damned risky to dismember a body in an apartment with a saw.

I agree. If they are satisfied that LA was dismembered in the apartment, then they know AH heard it. What worries me is that I think they are concerned that no neighbors reported hearing any noise from their apartment during the time frame & if that's the case then somebody on that jury doesn't believe LA was dismembered in that bathroom.

No verdict yet???? Wow. And the saw? Oh cr@p. If they believe that Amanda was there when Laura died then how loud the saw was is immaterial.

Ugh, the thought of what they did to Laura is so gruesome, I'm just having a hard time that the verdict has not rendered.

Oh, I know. Just what little I said is gross but it is such compelling evidence to not see the obvious. :banghead:

How did I miss the bathroom was covered in feces? What caused this?

Ugh, the thought of what they did to Laura is so gruesome, I'm just having a hard time that the verdict has not rendered.

Agree, this is one of the top 3 that I couldn't follow closely. Newsom and Petit being the other 2.

So tragic and heartbreaking. Oh, and I would have to add Eve Carson too.... So sad.

Trying to remember, when exactly were the coolers purchased?

I guess I need to take a step back and remember that, hopefully, they are using "reason" and not "emotion". It's hard not to be emotional, but I know if I was on the jury, emotion cannot enter into it. "Reason" should be front and center, and with everything presented, I find it hard to believe that the saw sound is relevant.

Reason, reason, reason...not emotion. Someone on that jury is having a hard time understanding the testimony and/or instructions. I'm having a hard time believing that 12 people could find her not guilty on first degree murder.

Attn: MissSallyAnnie "Step away from the keyboard, step away from the keyboard" :scared:

I think the defendant's voice is significant. Not only is she female, blonde, attractive (yeah, I know, until you see the deeper person) and relatively articulate, but that little girly voice is to her advantage when she spins her lies. It's like Becky said, it's hard to believe someone could do something so macabre.

Still hopeful.

Battery powered hand held equipment is definitely lower noise than electric powered hand held equipment. It is also, normally, less powerful than electric.

My knowledge = growing up on & currently living on a farm. I also work at a farm/landscape equipment dealer.

He would have had to have had a million back up batteries!!!! We have the black and decker yard equipment with batteries! Its so frustrating! im always running out of batteries!!! That saw was loud enough she heard if she wasnt right there with him holding down the body! moo

No, I think I get it. So because this is not the exact saw, they didn't want to test the noise, b/c the noise might not be what the noise of the actual saw was. Is that right?

That is how I took it and if it wasn't the weapon used to dismember then the door would be opened for the defense to find the one saw that was on it's last leg, running on one cyclinder and sounding like someone quietly clearing their throat, which may not have been heard with a closed door.

I poster, I believe Truth.., said the saw does kick back. Very, very important point I think the State missed. The saw would be jumping off a bone and the tendons in the joint would jerk whereas if a person was holding the body down while the other sawed there would be a great deal less kick back.

Listening to prosecution closing....is there any link where I can see the photos from the closing?

Hopefully there are a couple of jurors who have experience using this type of saw and can persuade a juror that doesn't know. I'd say a reciprocating saw is about 100 times louder than the loudest electric can opener.

It is very loud.

Generally, the more resistance encountered the louder it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marisa_breanna97