GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court resumes tomorrow 9:39 a.m. Don't be late.:seeya:

I'm going to try to follow this one, too. I missed it last time around. Do we have a start date on this, or is it still up in the air? I know I read something about jury selection beginning yesterday, but I also read something about a delay in mailing the jury summons. Do we know what's up?

I checked the Durham County Court docket yesterday NCB, and the trial was still scheduled for yesterday -- but a couple of weeks ago, there was an announcement about the jury summons documents not being mailed and the trial was delayed for 30 days, so I guess it should start in mid-March. I haven't seen anything on it in the news, so I guess there is yet another delay. Bummer.

I am never going to fall for that bowling ball telling me it's a crystal ball again!

Well, after all this time and all these trials, we should know that no case is a slam dunk by now!

I hate that phrase especially after the CA trial.

Where did Amanda get all the money from, that the state was talking about in closing arguments? Thank you.

Her husband before Grant passed away and left her a trust, some property and jewelry.

Off to make some chow--have a wonderful evening everyone!

I checked the Durham County Court docket yesterday NCB, and the trial was still scheduled for yesterday -- but a couple of weeks ago, there was an announcement about the jury summons documents not being mailed and the trial was delayed for 30 days, so I guess it should start in mid-March. I haven't seen anything on it in the news, so I guess there is yet another delay. Bummer.

Well, I'm only glad for the delay because it means I can get a proper prep from you in just a couple of weeks!! Sweet!!

One thing I've wrestled with is why did this happen? It seems to be popular opinion or even the court's idea that GH & AH wanted those boys. I'm thinking it may be more in line with what so many other "man kills the mother of his child(ren)" scenarios - child support. If LA got custody or more custody, child support might have or probably would have been an issue. And with that, GH would HAVE to get a job - a real job. He would have to stop wasting money traveling. He spent (or they spent) all of AH's money. AH was caring for an infant and wouldn't have been able to work. Regardless of her working or not, it would be GH who would have to shoulder the child support - which meant GET A JOB. I think he didn't want to work. He loved not growing up (like so many of them do) and all the responsibility falls on someone else. Suddenly, he knows he will be forced to do something like earn a living and he gets resentful to point of murder. Just a thought. As for AH, I guess she got caught up in it or she's just crazy.

My personal belief is that it was driven by Amanda. She KNEW Grant dumped Laura and the kids at his parents' home and started up with another woman with money (HER). She saw the writing on the wall. Grant was an inept, enabled little boy with his big dreams and stories. That's all he was. He couldn't even buy a saw or blades w/o consulting a female manager, and he didn't even have the balls to call Sha's now husband to talk about the trailer hitch. And once they were getting evicted, he was on the phone to his momma...AGAIN. Momma even deposited 350.00 for him. Momma promised them the house and the daycare. Grant didn't give a ***** about working or anything. He's never been responsible once in his life. He's a parasite.

JusticeFever,

Hubby #3 Nicky Smith was a successful TX businessman. He died from complications after a swimming accident. They hadn't been married very long but Amanda as wife inherited quite a bit. Half of his companies, a home in Austin. His holdings included a working farm and a separate irrigation business. She sold her half of the irrigation business to his brother. Sold the house.

Hubby #2 was her Divorce attorney from hubby #1. Not sure what sort of settlement she got when that marriage imploded.

JusticeFever,

Hubby #3 Nicky Smith was a successful TX businessman. He died from complications after a swimming accident. They hadn't been married very long but Amanda as wife inherited quite a bit. Half of his companies, a home in Austin. His holdings included a working farm and a separate irrigation business. She sold her half of the irrigation business to his brother. Sold the house.

Hubby #2 was her Divorce attorney from hubby #1. Not sure what sort of settlement she got when that marriage imploded.

Now, that's classy. :floorlaugh:

I am getting circle-thingy on wral...does anyone have screen on any other site?

So, tomorrow may we expect the jury to request to sit in the boat with the saw, the ice chests, and the love letters while Judge Stephens does a dramatic reading of Amanda's testimony?

Sorry, I'm losing faith in this jury. We have some jurors who may have comprehension problems.:notgood:

JusticeFever,

ty - doesn't the Nicky Smith accident appear to be off? Who jumps into a lake, or reservoir that has no water? Could she have tricked him into jumping into the water>? Admitted her relations with the step kids had been bad - there was nothing there. Ill will in the end,,, and a big payout for Amanda. I think something is up....

have there been any other questions after the saw one? I had to step out for a minute.

:seeya: Hi Hadassah, welcome back (I seem to remember you being here for another trial, maybe Grant Hayes?)
The examples above are pretty messed up, brought to mind one case that makes me just ANGRY....Karla Homolka.
That she is free and living a new life is just SO WRONG.

Karla lied in her plea bargain and the court could have revoked the agreement but didn't. She's living on some island with her lawyers brother whom she married and 2 or 3 little ones. A travesty of justice

Karla lied in her plea bargain and the court could have revoked the agreement but didn't. She's living on some island with her lawyers brother whom she married and 2 or 3 little ones. A travesty of justice

Oh maaaaaaaaaaaaaan.... that case drives me nuts. She is possibly one of the luckiest people alive. Witch. :banghead: HER OWN SISTER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody