NC - Lauren Hugelmaier, 29, stabbed to death, Raleigh, 1 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Monday, Sept. 25th:

*Arraignment Hearing 9am ET - NC - Lauren Ashley-Nicole Phelps (29) (Aug. 1, 2017) - Matthew James Phelps (28) (husband)/Arrest hearing on 9/5 - charged with 1st degree murder, no bond/said he stabbed wife in his sleep from cold medicine.

:judge:

JUSTICE for LAUREN! :rose:

Niner, you are a treasure here at WS. Thanks for the heads-up.

Just so I know - is it 8am there in NC??

TIA! one more hour?

So - I believe it "was" supposed to start at 9am....

Find anything "live" SteveP??

So - I believe it "was" supposed to start at 9am....

Find anything "live" SteveP??

I am seeing nothing on any local media websites. Will keep checking and post if anything pops up.

I can't find anything in this. Did the arraignment happen?

I can't find anything in this. Did the arraignment happen?

I have checked every local media website periodically all day long, and again just now, and have seen nothing. There also was no mention of it on local news at noon, so I am thinking that, for one reason or another, it may not have happened today. I suppose it could still happen before court wraps up for the day, but seems unlikely, imo. I will keep checking.

I haven't seen anything yet, either. It may be that he was scheduled for an afternoon appearance, and that could be the reason for no news. Or maybe the defense waived it.

Keeping an eye on things, as are we all... Maybe there will be something in an hour or so -- they don't keep court open later than 5:00 EDT -- or much beyond that time.

I just checked the docket for Phelps & it said his appearance was scheduled for the A.M. session. Hmmmmm. Dunno.

there are so many continuances but it seems even that would be documented somewhere. Hmmm, thanks for the update on no update. =)

I just checked the docket for Phelps & it said his appearance was scheduled for the A.M. session. Hmmmmm. Dunno.

Court may not always run on time. I wonder if the media was kept out or perhaps there wasn’t enough of importance to file an interesting story. Puzzling.

I haven't been following this case although it has been on the local news some. Going to try to catch up. I have to say that I really like his defense attorney. I always want a defendant to get the best possible legal defense.

From the Wake county court system website, his court date is now listed as:
Court Date: 10/02/17, Session AM, Court Room: Jail

It may be included in the 6:00pm news -- but since it is to be held in District Court, and not Criminal Court, it will probably be brief and not shown live.

Thanks for the update Sparkler!!

and...

:welcome6: to WS and this thread!

:greetings:

Thanks for the welcome! This is the first case I've followed. Does anyone have any insight on what the new courtroom means? For his 9/25 court date, it said room 301. Now his courtroom is jail?

Amanda Lamb posted this earlier today on her FB page.

081d573e69cce8f8cea213f3602e83bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95