NC - Lauren Hugelmaier, 29, stabbed to death, Raleigh, 1 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for the welcome! This is the first case I've followed. Does anyone have any insight on what the new courtroom means? For his 9/25 court date, it said room 301. Now his courtroom is jail?

It just means that the subject is being held in jail and must be transported to the courtroom by personnel of the county sheriff's office.

It just means that the subject is being held in jail and must be transported to the courtroom by personnel of the county sheriff's office.

Sometimes the alleged perpetrator appears in court via closed-circuit TV or another video arrangement.

In my county, the alleged perpetrators are cuffed & in leg irons/shackles, in orange & stripes, and walked across a parking lot from the jail to the courthouse.

The video appearance seems actually more respectful, and saves money.

Monday, October 2nd:
*Pretrial Hearing AM Session ET - NC - Lauren Ashley-Nicole Hugelmaier (Phelps) (29) (Aug. 1, 2017) - Matthew James Phelps (28) (husband)/Arrest hearing on 9/5 - charged with 1st degree murder, no bond/GJ indicted for premeditated murder; told 911 he took too much cold medicine, then woke to find his wife dead & a bloody knife in bed.

Anyone know "what" happened?? TIA! :wave:

Nothing on the local news that I can find, so far.

ETA: I checked the court docket, and his name was not listed for today -- October 2, 2017. His name does not appear on the docket in the future -- meaning a date is not on the docket any time soon. It could certainly be added, however, at any time. I'll keep checking...

Thanks borndem! :wave:

I'm going to look and "see" where I got that Oct. 2nd date....

From the Wake county court system website, his court date is now listed as:
Court Date: 10/02/17, Session AM, Court Room: Jail

Here it is - no link with it though.... :dunno:

Just a reminder of the beautiful light that was extinguished. :cry:

lauren-ashley-nicole-phelps.jpg

Thanks borndem! :wave:

I'm going to look and "see" where I got that Oct. 2nd date....

It certainly could have been on the docket for that date -- but maybe whatever it was, it could have been waived by the prosecution or the defense, and the date for a hearing or whatever would have been removed from the docket. I've seen that happen before, so the info could have been totally correct when it was researched.

And a big Hi back to you, Niner!! :seeya:

Will his trial be televised?

I'm betting it will be -- at least streamed by WRAL and probably WTVD since it's local. It will be a while, I'm sure, since murder cases take about 18--24 months to get to trial.

Thanks for the info, and

:welcome:to Websleuths, Sparkler!! It's great to have you here!!

:newyear:

From WRAL, NC, today:

Autopsy: Raleigh woman slashed, stabbed 123 times

Posted 11:10 a.m. today
Updated 11:36 a.m. today

Raleigh, NC - A Raleigh woman whose husband says he awoke from a dream last month to find her dead had been slashed and stabbed 123 times, according to an autopsy report released Tuesday.
http://www.wral.com/autopsy-raleigh-woman-slashed-stabbed-123-times/17022930/

ETA: That's about all the new info here, and no actual autopsy report is included. WRAL doesn't often include the actual report, and it may be that the judge or DA wants the report to remain unavailable.

123 times?!?!

How can this get worse each time I check this thread? So sad, the inhumanity of one to another.

Apparently MP's family has plenty of money. They got him one of the best attorneys in the state.

Poor Lauren. May she RIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear god. I literally gasped out loud reading this. This man is horrible. I will go to NC and protest outside his trial.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbajax
Back