NC - Lauren Hugelmaier, 29, stabbed to death, Raleigh, 1 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No M. Phelps on the docket today, my friends 'n' neighbors -- Thursday 3/22/18.

Just checked for a late Friday posting -- I've no idea when they update the docket or how often -- but saw nothing today (Saturday).

Thanks! So many questions!

--- I wonder whose friends knew about the arguments and how--did they argue in front of friends, or did Lauren confide in them?
---Did he ever have a stable job and income while they were dating?
---How long did they date before marriage?
---What was Lauren's income? What was he spending money on?
--- I wonder what Lauren did to drastically cut his spending? Cut up credit cards or limit access to bank accounts?
---Was he working much at his landscaping job? If not, what a loser.
---What did he do all day if he wasn't working.
---Will his dark online postings be admissable at trial?

I increasingly hear of relationships in which able bodied husbands expect the wife to support the family. I don't think women are accustomed to looking out for this kind of character flaw in a husband because it's a relatively new phenomenon. Sure there have always been deadbeat husbands, but the social stigma was great. Not as much nowadays. There's this sense of entitlement--I'm such a great guy; isn't that enough? Unconditional love is fine for children, but not husbands, in my opinion. She wanted children and to be a sahm, I assume.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

"The police found Lauren Phelps "clutching hair in hands at the time of her death."

Oh dear God. :cry:

This poor young lady. I have been following since day one and suspected right away that he killed her over financial problems. I hope he rots in prison. The number of stab wounds she had all over her body is absolutely HORRIFYING. And now I read that she died with hair in her hands. She fought for her life until the very end. I am so sad for her family!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

Docket today -- nada, rien, nic, ezer, nunda, res, nichts, rud ar bith, pa gen anyen,wala, nenio, not a damn thing.

Re limiting the money he spent -- she could have closed the checking account which enabled him access (if that was the case), and opened one up with just her name on it; and she could have done the same with any Visa, MC, Belk's, Target, etc., and gotten new ones with only her name. That would surely pizz him off, especially if he liked to spend her money. He may have tried to use the Visa, or the ATM and found out that day that the account(s) was(were) closed. That might indeed start a terrible argument, etc., etc. And maybe she fought back. Maybe she slapped him -- I can see him stomping off to the kitchen & getting the knife in his stinging anger...

The coff syrup could have been done totally after the fact. I don't doubt that that may have happened. "And I just woke up..."

His pajama pants could have been on fire when he called 911. Grrr. :(

This case just gets more and more sad. So she finally realized she was dating an irresponsible psycho and was going to end the relationship so he ended her first? I wish she had got away from him in time, but she probably had no idea he could be so violent. Her last moments sound truly terrifying to be attached by your spouse in the family home. Brutal. This is the kind of person the death penalty should be dusted off for, and I don't say that lightly.

Re limiting the money he spent -- she could have closed the checking account which enabled him access (if that was the case), and opened one up with just her name on it; and she could have done the same with any Visa, MC, Belk's, Target, etc., and gotten new ones with only her name. That would surely pizz him off, especially if he liked to spend her money. He may have tried to use the Visa, or the ATM and found out that day that the account(s) was(were) closed. That might indeed start a terrible argument, etc., etc. And maybe she fought back. Maybe she slapped him -- I can see him stomping off to the kitchen & getting the knife in his stinging anger...

The coff syrup could have been done totally after the fact. I don't doubt that that may have happened. "And I just woke up..."

His pajama pants could have been on fire when he called 911. Grrr. :(

I agree completely. IMO, being obsessed with serial killers he knew he would need some type of defense...already had it planned while talking to 911. Even appeared to have cleaned himself up according to one of the articles. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cases like this one make my blood run cold.
She prob. didn't die until she bled out-- so it took a bit.
Seconds that must seem like an eternity..... when you're dying. Imo.

This case just gets more and more sad. So she finally realized she was dating an irresponsible psycho and was going to end the relationship so he ended her first? I wish she had got away from him in time, but she probably had no idea he could be so violent. Her last moments sound truly terrifying to be attached by your spouse in the family home. Brutal. This is the kind of person the death penalty should be dusted off for, and I don't say that lightly.

bbm I believe that is exactly what led to this. Wasn't he dumped before by other women and moaned about it on sm? Lauren probably gave him several second chances out of the kindness of her heart but finally couldn't take it anymore. And he just couldn't allow another rejection to happen. Sick psycho imo. I guess they had a fight that night when he got home and he went ballistic although it is also quite possible that he seen the cracks beforehand and planned the murder and this ridiculous cough syrup defense.

NC Courts Docket today - Nuttin' Honey.

From page 2 of the autopsy report: "On the pubis is a... area of dried, white, crusted, material"

Based on these new details about him being out late the night of the murder, her putting him on an allowance, her thinking of leaving him, etc. this does not seem like a couple who were spending much, if any, time in the marriage bed.
If he sexually assaulted her before/during/after the attack, this should be an open and shut capital murder case.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...bing-wife-death-obsessed-American-Psycho.html

'This Instagram account shows numerous photographs of scenes from the movie and Phelps dressed as the main character,' a detective wrote in a statement, seen on The Charlotte Observer.

Investigators further revealed Phelps informed a friend he had an interest in killing.

'The movie is about a serial killer, and Phelps expressed interest to a friend regarding what it would be like to kill someone,' the detective added.

Thanks, cybervampira!

Well, looks like Mr. Phelps will have a court date on Sept 25th.

That date is not on today's docket as of 5 min. ago, but it may well be because the date is so far in advance -- I'll keep checking. Further, the arraignment we just saw was not on the docket -- arraignments are not usually something that is docketed. (I thought he had been arraigned already.)

And I noticed that Doug Faucette was the prosecutor during the arraignment -- probably indicating that he will prosecute the case. His mother is in my women's Bible study group which meets every Friday, and I have met him. He is quite polite & a bit reserved and more than a bit nice-looking. Of course she will have zero info about the trial -- we will surely know more about it!

He looked so-o-o-o pitiful, didn't he? :(

I wonder if he remembers how Lauren looked after he was through with her that night.

I’m almost positive that video is from his court date back in September of last year and not from any recent appearance. If you go back earlier on this thread I think you’ll find it discussed around early Sept of last year

I’m almost positive that video is from his court date back in September of last year and not from any recent appearance. If you go back earlier on this thread I think you’ll find it discussed around early Sept of last year
Yes, I had a deja vu on that court appearance as well, Zaibond!

And one more thing:

:welcome6:

[FONT=comic\ sans\ ms]to Websleuths,

[/FONT]
:cheer:[FONT=comic\ sans\ ms] Zaibond[/FONT][FONT=comic\ sans\ ms] !!![/FONT] :cheer:
[FONT=comic\ sans\ ms]
We're glad you're here!
[/FONT]

:greetings:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members