NC - Lennon Lacy, 17, football player found hanged, Aug 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I feel it's safe to say there wasn't a thorough investigation if LE wouldn't even allow the medical examiner to take photos at the scene, and by this point it seems like LE would have released info to support the suicide theory since it is being questioned by LL's family and the NAACP.

The ME said the white shoes were on LL when he was placed in the body bag and the Dr who did the autopsy said it is not standard practice for clothing to be removed before the body arrives at the coroner's office. She also said she asked SBI about the shoes and they said "it's been explained" but it apparently hasn't been explained to LL's family.

There apparently are photos of the shoes as well, identifying the size.

It may be a suicide but a thorough report on how this was determined should be provided.

BBM

I can agree with that.

I guess I should preface my opinion with I'm waaaay jaded from "the mysterious death of Morgan Ingram," which isn't very mysterious at all, IMHO.

I do think Lennon's family has legitimate questions that need to be addressed. But contrary to other posters, I'm not seeing any evidence of foul play. . .based on the current evidence. So hopefully we will learn more info, so the validity of that evidence can be assessed. I'm all for that. I think I feel I won't be surprised if this does end up being a suicide. However, I think it goes without saying, if foul play is uncovered, I certainly would want justice for Lennon.

MOO

ETA. . .I probably should have read the NAACP report earlier. :facepalm:

Someone is going to have to explain how Lennon was taken down without cutting the belt. Yeah, that sounds fishy. :waitasec:

BBM

I can agree with that.

I guess I should preface my opinion with I'm waaaay jaded from "the mysterious death of Morgan Ingram," which isn't very mysterious at all, IMHO.

I do think Lennon's family has legitimate questions that need to be addressed. But contrary to other posters, I'm not seeing any evidence of foul play. . .based on the current evidence. So hopefully we will learn more info, so the validity of that evidence can be assessed. I'm all for that. I think I feel I won't be surprised if this does end up being a suicide. However, I think it goes without saying, if foul play is uncovered, I certainly would want justice for Lennon.

MOO

ETA. . .I probably should have read the NAACP report earlier. :facepalm:

Someone is going to have to explain how Lennon was taken down without cutting the belt. Yeah, that sounds fishy. :waitasec:

I haven't read all of Morgan I's story, just bits and pieces. But yeah, the NAACP report raises many questions and I felt that it was fair, because they pointed out several things that aren't suspicious as well as stating the items they feel aren't right. I hope they get a new investigation.

This is such a sad, sad story. It upset me in the beginning because I felt no one would take up this boys cause. Now it looks to be gaining momentum. I do believe Lennon Lacy met with foul play.

This is such a sad, sad story. It upset me in the beginning because I felt no one would take up this boys cause. Now it looks to be gaining momentum. I do believe Lennon Lacy met with foul play.

I agree. I'm in North Carolina, too, and my gut tells me that it's exactly what it looks like, and that is not suicide. Does anybody know if any forensic examination was done on clothing or the scene around the abandoned swingset or the rest of the mobile home park?

I can't explain the shoes, but a few years ago, our neighbor hanged himself. He too, was covered with scratches and abrasions. I truly hope they check his fingernails for DNA. It was his DNA under his nails. :(

Do you mean from clawing at himself to try to free himself ? I have wondered about that quite a lot with hanging. It would seem, compared to other types of suicide, that no matter the intent prior to hanging, once it begins the human body almost cannot help but try to clutch and free itself. I'm just speculating but I have wondered. But in that , I never thought about literal scratches left on the skin from doing so, but it makes sense.
Do we know where Lennon's scratches were? If they were primarily around the face and neck and upper torso, then I might could see that. Otherwise I don't know.
I just saw of this case on FB and I'm very sad. It seems almost certainly it needs to be looked into as a potential ' criminal investigation' at the very least.

I'm sorry, my message came across as critical towards your post and that wasn't my intention! I am so mad about this not being investigated the way it should have been, and my tone was meant for the situation in general, not towards you!!

I just don't understand WHY law enforcement can be so ridiculous sometimes and we as a society have to keep holding them accountable. In this particular death, I can see why suicide seems "obvious" but isn't it just good practice to investigate it fully? I thought all unattended deaths had to have an autopsy. Is that a state law that varies from state to state?

So, the shoes. The shoes he was wearing were not recognized by his family, and they were not his known size - by a big difference, two sizes. There are apparently photos of the shoes at the death scene, but they had disappeared by the time he reached the coroner. The shoes shouldn't have been removed, let alone LOST! So why isn't LE being held accountable for this?

*LL wasn't known to be suicidal or have a history of depression
*He was actively looking forward to something (playing in the game)
*There are no photos of him hanging because supposedly the 911 dispatcher advised to cut him down to check for breathing. Is this typical?
*I'm hoping they're investigating the probability of him being able to hang himself from that swingset - the article says it appears to have been impossible for him to have hung himself without the aid of something to stand on that would have been kicked away. He was 5'9" and it says in the article that his brother, who is 6'4" wasn't able to touch the top of the swingset by reaching up.
*There were apparently no swings attached to the swingset at the time that could have aided him. Was it just an abandoned playground area of the mobile home park or something?

*Family says he was known to have been going to visit the home of someone with violent tendencies

I thought the article seemed fair and the review of the case by the NAACP expert seemed fair. There were a couple of concerns the family had that appear to have been explained by what the reviewer found in the evidence (abrasions that are consistent with ant bites, and the lump on the side of his head at the funeral home that is probably due to reconstruction after the autopsy because it was not present in the autopsy photos). After what happened to Kendrick Johnson, I hope the lump wasn't caused by mishandling of the body.

Again, Hambirg, I apologize! And to answer your question, one of the things in the article mentions that his injuries were potentially consistent with a certain wrestling move that can constrict the airway and cause asphyxiation, but if he was murdered, who knows if the person who did it would have known that and been able to stage the hanging. Hanging a 207# deceased person wouldn't have been easy, which may mean they had help.

I think it's possible that he did commit suicide, but it doesn't seem probable. It would be a lot easier to accept if they had been professional about the investigation and things hadn't come up missing. The shoes he was most likely wearing, the Air Jordans, are missing, too. It's possible that someone took them after he was hanging there, as creepy as it sounds to think of someone taking shoes off a corpse and replacing them with their own. But would it have killed the cops to go to the residence where he was last known to be and asked some questions and looked for the shoes??

Sorry for the long long long post! I hope there are enough paragraph breaks to make it tolerable.

I wish we had a pic or a google view of that swing set? Sounds like just the A frame is still up and no one uses it to swing any more. Until your post, I was picturing a ' kiddie swing set', like in a back yard. But now I'm seeing the bigger picture and how the heck did he get up on that tall A frame without anything around?

OK It's kind of in between. I see from one of the links...... http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/12/12/240260BD00000578-2871740-image-m-80_1418415391525.jpg

Hmmm

I honestly don NOT think this is a suicide. I sure hope they investigate this fully!!
^^^^ just MO. Nothing more. But this story breaks my heart. :(

I wish we had a pic or a google view of that swing set? Sounds like just the A frame is still up and no one uses it to swing any more. Until your post, I was picturing a ' kiddie swing set', like in a back yard. But now I'm seeing the bigger picture and how the heck did he get up on that tall A frame without anything around?

OK It's kind of in between. I see from one of the links...... http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/12/12/240260BD00000578-2871740-image-m-80_1418415391525.jpg

Hmmm

Why is everybody so surprised that a 6' tall guy could reach a 7 1/2 foot rail?

Do you mean from clawing at himself to try to free himself ? I have wondered about that quite a lot with hanging. It would seem, compared to other types of suicide, that no matter the intent prior to hanging, once it begins the human body almost cannot help but try to clutch and free itself. I'm just speculating but I have wondered. But in that , I never thought about literal scratches left on the skin from doing so, but it makes sense.
Do we know where Lennon's scratches were? If they were primarily around the face and neck and upper torso, then I might could see that. Otherwise I don't know.
I just saw of this case on FB and I'm very sad. It seems almost certainly it needs to be looked into as a potential ' criminal investigation' at the very least.

What scratches?

Does anyone know if the family had dog leashes or collars at the home? Thanks

Why is everybody so surprised that a 6' tall guy could reach a 7 1/2 foot rail?

If he could reach it, then his feet should touch the ground , right? Why would you choose suicide with something you could reach the ground on ?

Yes, our friend was trying to get out we believe. I think it was a case of *having second thoughts* . That's pure speculation on my part. Only he knows what his train of thought was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back