NC - Lennon Lacy, 17, football player found hanged, Aug 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If he could reach it, then his feet should touch the ground , right? Why would you choose suicide with something you could reach the ground on ?

No, you would jump up & grab the rail.

No, you would jump up & grab the rail.

Is it just me? Or am I missing something? If he could reach the ground, how in the heck could it be suicide? That would lean toward murder.

Is it just me? Or am I missing something? If he could reach the ground, how in the heck could it be suicide? That would lean toward murder.

Here's one of many possibilities. Your 5'9" tall. The beam is 7'6" of the ground. You jump up, grab the beam & pull yourself up to straddle the beam. You secure the belts to the beam, put the noose around your neck & roll off the beam. There are many questions about this investigation or lack thereof. But how Lennon could have hung himself isn't one of them in my mind.

Lennon you're getting heard, baby!! A fair and thorough investigation is on its way!!!

If it was too public for suicide, wouldn't it be too public for murder?

Depends on where he was murdered at, wouldn't ya think? Not arguing with you, so don't take it that way, just trying to understand the circumstances. :)

Here's one of many possibilities. Your 5'9" tall. The beam is 7'6" of the ground. You jump up, grab the beam & pull yourself up to straddle the beam. You secure the belts to the beam, put the noose around your neck & roll off the beam. There are many questions about this investigation or lack thereof. But how Lennon could have hung himself isn't one of them in my mind.

It would be hard to do this while balancing on that beam I would think. Plus he'd have to basically lay across the beam to put the noose around his neck because it would have to be fairly short for him to not touch the ground once he rolled off. Also, wouldn't the jerking action have been likely to cause more neck trauma than what was seen on the autopsy?

Do you mean from clawing at himself to try to free himself ? I have wondered about that quite a lot with hanging. It would seem, compared to other types of suicide, that no matter the intent prior to hanging, once it begins the human body almost cannot help but try to clutch and free itself. I'm just speculating but I have wondered. But in that , I never thought about literal scratches left on the skin from doing so, but it makes sense.
Do we know where Lennon's scratches were? If they were primarily around the face and neck and upper torso, then I might could see that. Otherwise I don't know.
I just saw of this case on FB and I'm very sad. It seems almost certainly it needs to be looked into as a potential ' criminal investigation' at the very least.

His "scratches" are most likely aunt bites per the autopsy and the NAACP reviewer seems to agree.

If it was too public for suicide, wouldn't it be too public for murder?

The thing is, there's no actual proof he was ever hanging from the swingset because he was "cut down" by the 911 caller, who was apparently a very strong female who was able to hold his body up, cut the noose, and lie him on the ground to check for breathing.

Does anyone know if the family had dog leashes or collars at the home? Thanks

The way I read the report from Dr. Christina Roberts, the forensic pathologist hired by the NC NAACP, the black belt was not consistent with the belt worn by Lennon Lacy. The blue belt (the one with the D hook that has been referred to as the dog leash) was reported as being consistent with one worn by the violent person who supposedly lives in the mobile home park. This is all conjecture, but I have not seen an account where the family identified either belt (leash). Perhaps that changed after Dr. Roberts issued her report. I am finding information to be rather sketchy, which in and of itself is disturbing after nearly four months. I haven't even seen where investigators questioned any violent resident in the mobile home park.

The way I read the report from Dr. Christina Roberts, the forensic pathologist hired by the NC NAACP, the black belt was not consistent with the belt worn by Lennon Lacy. The blue belt (the one with the D hook that has been referred to as the dog leash) was reported as being consistent with one worn by the violent person who supposedly lives in the mobile home park. This is all conjecture, but I have not seen an account where the family identified either belt (leash). Perhaps that changed after Dr. Roberts issued her report. I am finding information to be rather sketchy, which in and of itself is disturbing after nearly four months. I haven't even seen where investigators questioned any violent resident in the mobile home park.

Soliloquy, thanks was not enough. Again, thank you!

Unless there is a second autopsy, we have to go with the only one there is. The NAACP pathologist reviewed the pictures & reports from the autopsy and did not disagree with asphyxiation as the cause. She did suggest there was a maneuver that could cause asphyxiation that would mimic hanging. So, if someone knew this maneuver or hung him elsewhere & then brought him to the swingset, I guess someone could have killed him. However, I can't believe he willingly let this happen. There were no injuries to him to suggest he was in a fight. Again, we have to go by the official autopsy. I know the funeral home said he looked like he had been in a fight but the pictures before autopsy did not show evidence of that. The state is still investigating & the FBI has started its own investigation. There are many unanswered questions & I think more work has to be done. I'm just trying to stick with what we know & not form an opinion like some already have.

His "scratches" are most likely aunt bites per the autopsy and the NAACP reviewer seems to agree.

I live in the country, and have had many a ant bite. I've never gotten scratches from them though. Mine look like mosquito bites.

Unless there is a second autopsy, we have to go with the only one there is. The NAACP pathologist reviewed the pictures & reports from the autopsy and did not disagree with asphyxiation as the cause. She did suggest there was a maneuver that could cause asphyxiation that would mimic hanging. So, if someone knew this maneuver or hung him elsewhere & then brought him to the swingset, I guess someone could have killed him. However, I can't believe he willingly let this happen. There were no injuries to him to suggest he was in a fight. Again, we have to go by the official autopsy. I know the funeral home said he looked like he had been in a fight but the pictures before autopsy did not show evidence of that. The state is still investigating & the FBI has started its own investigation. There are many unanswered questions & I think more work has to be done. I'm just trying to stick with what we know & not form an opinion like some already have.

Agree, but we are allowed to *speculate* on other theories though. As long as we are not stating it as *fact*, and have MSN links to back it up. :)

Ummm. We are allowed to form opinions, as LONG AS WE DON'T STATE IT AS FACT. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back