GUILTY NC - Lynn Jackenheimer, 33, murdered, Hatteras Island, 3 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO he buried her near the beach & that is where she is now. Why move her? It was horribly hot last weekend & I imagine her body would have begun to smell within a day. No way he had her in the car. What is the timeline - it appears Lynn was killed early AM of the 4th (IMO he then buried her under cover of night while the children were sleeping). When did they leave? They didn't arrive home until the 8th - so they stayed at the beach a few more days? Most weekly beach rentals run Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun.

I definitely saw an article stating the house was rented through Sunday but they left on Friday. This would free him up to leave anytime (not bound to a check out time). My guess is that he did not transport the body. Likely did bury her in a dune. Let's be honest, we know he had the image fresh in his mind of the kids burying him in the sand. Photo evidence!

And I would also assume that he buried her closer to the time he killed her. (possibly July 4th). Being out that night there would certainly be a lot of people out and about but yet they also might not notice cars or people where they normally wouldn't be.

I feel so badly for the family. I want to believe that she is alive and well and hiding. But the fact that he allegedly admitted killing her to his brother and has now fled doesn't bode well.

IMO he buried her near the beach & that is where she is now. Why move her? It was horribly hot last weekend & I imagine her body would have begun to smell within a day. No way he had her in the car. What is the timeline - it appears Lynn was killed early AM of the 4th (IMO he then buried her under cover of night while the children were sleeping). When did they leave? They didn't arrive home until the 8th - so they stayed at the beach a few more days? Most weekly beach rentals run Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun.

My guess is they had a Sun-Sun rental since they left on 06/30/2012 (Sunday). The last day would have been 07/07/2012. If they stayed at the beach house, he had the early morning of the 4th, the 5th and the 6th to bury the body at the beach. I also don't think he put her in the car for a lengthy trip. He might have the early morning hours of the 4th before decomp fully set in.

Let's not forget that his "confession" said that he left her under a brush. It sounds like the beach area had plenty of brush. Did they have recovery dogs out there searching from the rental property on out? I would think that a "fresh" crime scene area would have been a good spot to get the dogs on. Although they did not find a "crime" scene in the rental itself, the dogs could track her scent down to the beach right? I am sad that they are not searching any longer - likely because they do not know where to search.

I am hoping today is the day that they bring NS in for questioning!! :praying: that they find this guy today!! Also hoping and praying that Lynn is found today.

I'm thinking he is on his way to Oregon. I hope LE can track him down soon...and before he may decide to do himself in. What is the average maximum that can be withdrawn from an ATM these days? Is it possible he's heading out of the country? Mexico...Canada? He must be a very unstable person or emotionally immature to have thown his life away and to have done something so violent. He was educated and had a good job. What couldn't be worked out?

Prayers for her family and friends....and LE in quickly finding them both.

about 1 hour ago
The Ashland Count Sheriff's Office confirmed today that Lynn Jackenheimer's cell phone has been located.

Reports Tuesday indicated it had not been found.

Capt. Carl Richert of the Sheriff's Office said this morning that the phone was found Tuesday afternoon but declined to say where. Richert also said that Nathan J. Summerfield's phone was found along Mifflin Avenue.

As of 9 a.m. today, Jackenheimer and Summerfield had not been located.

http://www.times-gazette.com/news/article/5202547

I read an article this morning where Police in NC are saying they have searched a large portion of the dunes but have not found anything. I am terrible at posting links.

I was also thinking this morning that maybe just maybe, he had to stop for gas or an ATM along the way to Richmond. Maybe he paid with a credit card. This would more define the time he left from OBX. I know when I travel, when I am going somewhere I stop for gas when going home, not when I reach my destination. Though it does look in pictures that they went to Manteo at some point, I am not well versed in the OBX area so not sure if that is car or ferry travel.

I agree with heat as well. Horrendous humidity and heat since June. With the heat index it was 111 degrees last Saturday and again on Monday.

Kelly

Wonder if they visited the aquarium in Manteo when they were there? Seems like a great place to beat the heat and it is very popular destination. Might be easier to say "did anyone see these people at the aquarium" rather than just "around the Outer Banks". Possible that the aquarium has surveillance tapes but if they do, likely recorded over by now.

I also wonder if he "checked out" of the rental? Or just left. I know we have always had to stop by the office to drop keys when leaving (though many have an after hours drop box). Maybe someone at the rental office remembers something.

I read an article this morning where Police in NC are saying they have searched a large portion of the dunes but have not found anything. I am terrible at posting links.

I was also thinking this morning that maybe just maybe, he had to stop for gas or an ATM along the way to Richmond. Maybe he paid with a credit card. This would more define the time he left from OBX. I know when I travel, when I am going somewhere I stop for gas when going home, not when I reach my destination. Though it does look in pictures that they went to Manteo at some point, I am not well versed in the OBX area so not sure if that is car or ferry travel.

I agree with heat as well. Horrendous humidity and heat since June. With the heat index it was 111 degrees last Saturday and again on Monday.

Kelly

About the gas. That would depend on if he filled up before he left obx. I filled up at shell in KDH and made it to 45 miles outside of richmond ,with 1/4 of a tank left. I was driving a 2012 Chysler 300 which was getting about 30 miles to a gallon on the highway.

So IMO I dont believe the Richmond stop was to get needed gas. He should have had over a 1/4 tank if he filled up upon leaving. Although people and their gas habbits are very different. If I am under a quater by any mark on the gauge I am getting gas when traveling. At home I ride arround dead on e very often. I would never start out traveling with less then full because I do not like to get off the highway looking for weird random gas stations in the middle of off beaten exits with limited re entry to the highway . I feel like the fill up before hand helps me avoid at least one of those.

However he might not of filled up there because he might have wanted to high tail it as far as he could get from CH and OBX so the stop might have been because he had to already.

I will say I have a feeling he drove past richmond and doubled back , and he did fill up bfore he left and he might be missing a quarter of a tank of gas but that is just a feeling and those are often wrong.

Kelly

He would not had had to take the ferry to get to Manteo.

A couple of things:

Lynn's case seems to be getting much more national and international news coverage, which is a very good thing. Hopefully, more people will be watching for Nate Summerfield. They need to locate him and find out what happened to Lynn. He's the only one who knows.

I've also wondered if it would be more helpful if the Ashland police would upgrade her status from simply "Missing Person" to "Missing Endangered" or some other designation that brings more resources and urgency to finding her. Below is a link to the Ohio AG's missing persons page for her:

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/...s/Missing-Persons/Missing-People/Jackenheimer

Ashland police have said they're treating this as a missing persons case since they have no reason to think she hasn't just wandered off. I respectfully disagree, given Summerfield's past DV history against her and his admission to his brother that he strangled her and hid her body.

Isn't that enough to begin investigating this as a possible murder? Can they be doing more to find NS?

Dare county has a facebook page for the sheriffs office . They have posted information and have missing flyers up for both Lynn and Nate.

I don't think he moved her either. I hope they recover her so they can havea proper burial :(

I don't think he would have transported her and the kids together. But it's possible that he left the rental while the kids were sleeping. If that's the case, the guy could have driven 100 miles before hiding the body. It will not be easy to find this woman.

Wonder how they know he tried to put the girl on a bus or plane? Did the daughter say this?

Wonder how they know he tried to put the girl on a bus or plane? Did the daughter say this?

Yes, her grandfather or father (can't remember which one) was quoted in one of the earlier articles stating that S told them he tried to put her on a plane and then a bus.

I don't think he would have transported her and the kids together. But it's possible that he left the rental while the kids were sleeping. If that's the case, the guy could have driven 100 miles before hiding the body. It will not be easy to find this woman.

That may explain why he and the children stayed an extra day (Thurs. July 5) on the island before checking out on Friday. He may have needed to rest up and formulate a plan for what to do next. Still, if he killed her in the early morning hours of Wed, July 4, he would have had to dispose of her body somewhere close enough to return in time to be there when the kids woke up.

His initial plan may have been to send Lynn's daughter home by plane or bus and go on the run with his son. When this didn't work out, he took them back to Ashland.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie
Back