NC - MacDonald family murders at Fort Bragg, 1970 - Jeffrey MacDonald innocent?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i have always believed he was guilty but that has always been a sticking point with me...hiw did she know about the dang broken rocking horse? That still bothers me!

If DNA testing would have been available in the 70's we would have known for sure if she was ever on that rocking horse or not. Didn't she say she actually sat down on it to ride it?

If DNA testing would have been available in the 70's we would have known for sure if she was ever on that rocking horse or not. Didn't she say she actually sat down on it to ride it?

Helena Stoeckley reported that she saw a broken rocking horse in Kirsty's room.

But it doesn't appear to be broken, and the only way to have disabled it would have been to remove the spring. In which case, it would have listed to one side.

Any news yet on if he is going to get another trial? I haven't heard anything about it in months.

How many prisons has Jeffrey McDonald been in since his conviction? If memory servers, Texas, Oregon, Maryland? Is he now imprisoned in North Carolina? Is this common for people who serve sentences in federal law violations to be moved around from state to state? Why is this?

Satch

I've followed this case for years as my brother was at Pope AFB nearby when this went down. If you read all the evidence and I do mean all of it, there is no way this man is innocent. The room where this confrontation with McDonald and this gang of hippies took place was way tiny and yet a card was still standing on its end on a shelf. This man was a Green Beret and he couldn't handle these so called drugged out hippies? Drugged out hippies as killers of a woman and little children? Yeah, um hm.

Ooooooo topix is gonna be hopping with this information! Hahaha thanks for posting it you all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The child actress who played Kimmy Macdonald was murdered by her father several yrs. after the airing of the made-for-TV movie about this case.

Albert Salmi, who played the judge in the film, also had a mysterious death. He and his wife were found shot to death in 1990. The scenario isn't definitely known but the assumption is that he killed his wife then committed suicide.

This was one of the first true crime books that I ever read. I still remember when the movie came out and being so fascinated with the blood splatter evidence, etc. I have always believed he was guilty and continued to follow any news about MacDonald. I can't believe he is 70-71 yrs. old now. I am so glad he was denied. He murdered a beautiful wife and children.

I read the "Fatal Vision" book too. After I read it, I believed he was guilty. But now it has come to light that important evidence was thrown away or lost by CID. Plus the foreign wax sample that didn't match any candle in the house. There was a syringe that was lost, and a few other pieces of evidence never presented. Maybe HS was there too. Maybe she had been a customer of JM before. I still think he killed them, but someone else was definitely there.

I read the "Fatal Vision" book too. After I read it, I believed he was guilty. But now it has come to light that important evidence was thrown away or lost by CID. Plus the foreign wax sample that didn't match any candle in the house. There was a syringe that was lost, and a few other pieces of evidence never presented. Maybe HS was there too. Maybe she had been a customer of JM before. I still think he killed them, but someone else was definitely there.

He's guilty. No one else was there. His camp has been spouting BS for 44 years. The Pajama top, the blood. the wood fibers, the common sense (even drugged out hippies can figure out the 6 foot tall Green Beret is a bigger threat than the two year old in her crib).

There is more forensic as well as circumstantial evidence in this case than there are in 95% of the Criminal Convictions in this county. The only thing missing is a videotape of him doing it and even that wouldn't convince his idiot supporters.

I personally just wish he would go ahead and die so the lies and fantasies could finally end, not to mention waste of judicial effort. After all, his young, pregnant wife and two baby girls died a very, very long time ago. At his hands. I wish I believed that ate at his conscience, except that he would have to have one.

If I remember correctly they didn't find Jeffrey's blood either (location he claimed he was attacked at)
kinda impossible too

He claimed that, after they "stabbed him" he passed out on the floor in the hall. Except they found none of his blood in the hall, anywhere. The only places they found any of his blood was a couple of drops in front of the bathroom sink (where he inflicted the ice pick wound in just the perfect spot-he was a Doctor) and in front of the kitchen sink/cupboard area where the surgical gloves (used at home for dishwashing) were located.

As for the multiple weapons, he hit Collette and Kimberly with the club and then later used the ice pick to finish them off and murder Kristen. Although we will never know for sure, many people, myself included, believe that Collette introduced the knife as she was trying to defend herself and her daughter (Kimberly because, god willing, she was already dead and did not have to watch him walk into Kristen's room and murder her). This is further indicated by the fact that there was a very large amount of Collette's blood found on Kimberly's bed. It is believed that Collette, severely wounded went there to protect her baby. Jeff later carried her (Collette) back the their room. Jeff also had a contusion on his face that was beleived to have been inflicted by his wife. She fought to protect her babies.

Oh and BTW, regarding the surgical gloves, a small piece of one was found directly under the "PIGS" that was painted in blood on the wall-just like in the Manson killings which just happened to have been featured in the February 1970 issue of "Esquire Magazine" which was found in the Living Room. Such tidy crazed hippies, they clearly didn't want to get their fingers wet with that blood.

This was one of the first true crime books that I ever read. I still remember when the movie came out and being so fascinated with the blood splatter evidence, etc. I have always believed he was guilty and continued to follow any news about MacDonald. I can't believe he is 70-71 yrs. old now. I am so glad he was denied. He murdered a beautiful wife and children.

Yes, I think it was the 2nd. or 3rd. True Crime book I read, the first being Helter Skelter, but this one hooked me. A true classic I have re-read it multiple times since-still have my orignal hardcover copy.

I also met MacDonald in the 70's when he was working in Long Beach where I grew up. In fact, he was Emergency Room director of the hospital I was born in, although that had nothing to do with meeting him. I was dating an Arson Investigator for the LBFD, who worked closely with the LBPD due to the nature of his job. The Cops just loved "Dr Jeff". The guy I dated insisted he could not have committed this crime and I had not heard anything really about the case at that time. MacDonald was a good looking doctor that many women found charming, but I have to say, honestly, even then I got a strong "sleaze" vibe from him. I might think that was just hindsight, but I remember my date being offended that I didn't seem to think too much of his buddy. The LBPD officers raised a lot of money for his defense when he was finally charged.

Of course a few years later I read "Fatal Vision" and there was no going back. I read the rebuttal book too "Fatal Justice" Nice try, no cigar.

The man is guilty as sin, but he will never, ever admit it, of course.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back