NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, parents reported missing Dec 15, last seen at home, Cornelius, 23 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another 11 year old child. SMH. What is the language barrier or cultural difference? I don't understand. She has been missing for three weeks. Does LE think she is another country with a family member? At least this time there is a missing person FBI report.
we don't know if there is one. We're trying to give a benefit of the doubt but none the less, not acceptable. IMO

I live in the area. The school she went to was a great school. Cornelius is an extremely wealthy neighborhood. Houses run in the $500,000 + range. Rentals are quite expensive, ranging from $1,500 up. There are tons of NASCAR drivers that live in this area.

I’m just confused as to why Bailey Elementary didn’t do something sooner. I’m really hoping this turns out well.

I live in the area. The school she went to was a great school. Cornelius is an extremely wealthy neighborhood. Houses run in the $500,000 + range. Rentals are quite expensive, ranging from $1,500 up. There are tons of NASCAR drivers that live in this area.

I’m just confused as to why Bailey Elementary didn’t do something sooner. I’m really hoping this turns out well.
Thanks for the community info!

I expect that at least one of the parents reported her absent for several days. I’m not sure how long the Thanksgiving holiday extended at her school…lots of people travel then, and kids are often out of school even past the official school holiday schedule. But they are obligated to provide proof at some point (in my state, it’s after 5 consecutive days), like a note from a doctor, justifying an extended absence. The school was probably hounding them, which is why the parents went there. If they had no documentation supporting a legit reason for the absence, the school would have no choice but to bring the matter to the attention of authorities, be it truancy court, youth services, or something of the like. School resource officers often know their local PDs well, so I expect that if the resource officer was suspicious of the parents, the PD would be a natural avenue for him/her.
MOO

Thanks for the community info!

I expect that at least one of the parents reported her absent for several days. I’m not sure how long the Thanksgiving holiday extended at her school…lots of people travel then, and kids are often out of school even past the official school holiday schedule. But they are obligated to provide proof at some point (in my state, it’s after 5 consecutive days), like a note from a doctor, justifying an extended absence. The school was probably hounding them, which is why the parents went there. If they had no documentation supporting a legit reason for the absence, the school would have no choice but to bring the matter to the attention of authorities, be it truancy court, youth services, or something of the like. School resource officers often know their local PDs well, so I expect that if the resource officer was suspicious of the parents, the PD would be a natural avenue for him/her.
MOO
I could see how these pices over the holiday season could fall into place like this.

Any chance the mother is missing as well? Maybe she took MC and ran. I'm going to spin this until I get a happy ending. Stepdad was arrested for failure to report her missing. That sounds like the school officer is the one who reported her missing. I would think we will hear more today. IMO

Welcome to Websleuths!! We appreciate locals a lot!

This case is so disappointing! I am glad yet surprised to see an arrest so soon - for failure to report her missing. Believe me when I say I am happily surprised! I wish more agencies would push harder for answers soon!

Was going to post this. How on earth did her school let her be absent for 3 WEEKS before alerting someone? My child's school alerts me to every CLASS she misses -- immediately. Maybe they contacted the parents and some excuse was made?

Maybe the mother told police what happened to her and the stepfather is responsible, but since they haven't found her yet they didn't want to charge him with anything more serious? That's just a theory because clearly the mother also didn't report her missing, so if they're charging the stepfather with that it feels like they should also be charging her as well, but they didn't. The article does say that police spent time digging up the yard. They don't just do that as a matter of course do they?

Maybe the mother told police what happened to her and the stepfather is responsible, but since they haven't found her yet they didn't want to charge him with anything more serious? That's just a theory because clearly the mother also didn't report her missing, so if they're charging the stepfather with that it feels like they should also be charging her as well, but they didn't. The article does say that police spent time digging up the yard. They don't just do that as a matter of course do they?
I think you are spot on. They are digging, not searching. They know something, for sure. MOO

I can't say for certain, but my guess is they arrested him and then were able to gain access to the home and property?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro