NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thought it would be good to highlight this point. Guess I wonder, why there is so much speculation regarding Madalina, when they make this statement:

ABC affiliate WSOC reached out to Cornelius Police Department, which is the agency leading the search for Madalina, to see if there was any connection. A spokesperson for the police department said that while the newly uncovered remains had not yet been identified, early indications pointed to them belonging to an older man.

I agree. My best guess is it might be because it seems early reports are often incorrect, especially when only one source says something and/or no name is attached to the person who gave that information. Here, we have both of those things. They also said it was from early indications only, not for sure that it was the body of an older man. So I think it may or may not be accurate information.

The other possibility, in my opinion, is just that not every poster keeps up on events of a case thoroughly before participating in the discussion. For ex. we often see a news article re-posted several times as if it's new information when it's already been posted and discussed for days on here. And I'm sure I've been guilty of this myself lol. MOO

Last edited:
I happen to think about Madalina pretty often and come here sometimes to see if there is some news
I hope and pray so much that she is just hidden with some relatives or people of trust.. My only wish is that she is alive and well

I would never have dreamt that a year later we are still no wiser about what happened to this sweet little girl. And I hate to say it, but I now expect/believe the worst.

I also expected she would have been located by now, because to be honest, her parents don't seem savvy enough to outsmart LE. JMO/IMO.

I also expected she would have been located by now, because to be honest, her parents don't seem savvy enough to outsmart LE. JMO/IMO.
I definitely agree. I think most likely Madalina is no longer with us. And that LE knows it but doesn't have enough evidence for a strong case in court. So they're just waiting now, and pursuing leads as they arise in the meantime.

After all, how many times do we see this, where it seems a case has gone nowhere. Then a few years later, with shifting alliances, someone decides to talk or new evidence shows up.

However, I think there is also a possibility that they sold Madalina (and there too, LE having a good idea of it but not yet having enough evidence to prove it in court). There was all that stuff with DC's relative, who was already being monitored by LE for possibly being involved in a trafficking ring. DC made phone calls to him and was stopped in that area in her car. If it wasn't for that, then I'd think that whole story was ludicrous.

Also, DC's marriage to CP seems somewhat mail order bride-ish to me. Which is not necessarily trafficking but I guess in some cases it could be related. So maybe they had connections to that sort of thing in the first place?

Another issue is motive. DC seems to have had a couple of indications of being involved with drugs. The drug dogs alerted on her car, I believe. And then she was caught with drugs in jail. Or the most usual reason, if Madalina was being molested and they wanted to get rid of her to try to stay out of legal trouble. I can't tell if DC acted on her own free will or if their marriage was abusive/coercive. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
I definitely agree. I think most likely Madalina is no longer with us. And that LE knows it but doesn't have enough evidence for a strong case in court. So they're just waiting now, and pursuing leads as they arise in the meantime.

After all, how many times do we see this, where it seems a case has gone nowhere. Then a few years later, with shifting alliances, someone decides to talk or new evidence shows up.

However, I think there is also a possibility that they sold Madalina (and there too, LE having a good idea of it but not yet having enough evidence to prove it in court). There was all that stuff with DC's relative, who was already being monitored by LE for possibly being involved in a trafficking ring. DC made phone calls to him and was stopped in that area in her car. If it wasn't for that, then I'd think that whole story was ludicrous.

Also, DC's marriage to CP seems somewhat mail order bride-ish to me. Which is not necessarily trafficking but I guess in some cases it could be related. So maybe they had connections to that sort of thing in the first place?

Another issue is motive. DC seems to have had a couple of indications of being involved with drugs. The drug dogs alerted on her car, I believe. And then she was caught with drugs in jail. Or the most usual reason, if Madalina was being molested and they wanted to get rid of her to try to stay out of legal trouble. I can't tell if DC acted on her own free will or if their marriage was abusive/coercive. Just my thoughts.
A couple more thoughts: Early on there was mention of some possibly cultish and rather extreme religious group DC was involved with and made a pastor (or whatever the word is) of. I forgot the name now but then we didn't hear much more about it.

Also, has it ever been said one way or another if DC is Romany? I don't know much about them except that I believe they have their own system of laws and their own court and don't trust outsiders.

Not meaning to cast any aspersions here but just to toss it out there, that there are additional possible factors that differ from the typical American middle class suburban family, aside from a child gone missing and parents who won't talk. JMO

Last edited:
1701178522012.png

CORNELIUS, N.C. (QUEEN CITY NEWS) — New billboards for missing Cornelius girl Madalina Cojocari have popped up across North Carolina.

On Monday, Nov. 27, the FBI-Charlotte announced the new billboards that are up across the state. The FBI is thanking Adam’s Outdoor Adventure company and the North Carolina Outdoor Advertising Association for donating the space to help find Madalina.

The photo used in the new billboards is her school picture, the FBI said.

I don't think that conclusion can be drawn by them posting a billboard asking for tips and showing her most current school photo?
I don’t know but my understanding is that billboard space is scarce and expensive. Even though it was donated in this case, there’s still the choice of who it’s requested for, resource allocation limits and all that.

So I’d think it’s far more pressing and more of a priority (more likely) if LE has cause to think Madalina is alive than if they think she is not.

So not a conclusion exactly but perhaps strongly leaning in that direction, at least?

But my knowledge of billboard use etc. is only what I googled so just my amateur thoughts.

Last edited:
We don't know what the FBI thinks. I see the billboard as a reminder that FBI continue to search for Madalina and that the case has not gone cold. I do know there has been no evidence of life of Madalina for over one-year.

We don't know what the FBI thinks. I see the billboard as a reminder that FBI continue to search for Madalina and that the case has not gone cold. I do know there has been no evidence of life of Madalina for over one-year.
Of course we don’t know what the FBI thinks — or much else for sure about this case, for that matter. However, since this is a discussion about it, we can still intelligently discuss and interpret new developments of interest in the case.

For ex. We also don’t know that the FBI would put billboards up just to remind us that they are working on the case, do we. Nor do we know that there there’s been no evidence that Madalina is still alive. We only know that we haven’t been given that evidence if it does exist. MOO

Last edited:

CORNELIUS – Major Jennifer Thompson she doesn’t often talk to reporters, but she did agree to talk with WCCB’s Emma Mondo about perhaps the biggest case the Cornelius Police Department has ever worked on. A case that she believes can still be not only solved – but have a happy ending.

“I believe she’s alive,” said Thompson. “I do, I do. I believe it in my heart, and it’s not one of those feelings where that’s just what I want to believe. It’s truly what I believe.”

Continues

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back