Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that kids wander off away from their parents at times particularly in large stores, amusement parks, school fairs, etc (places that are usually packed with people). What I'm having a hard time understanding is how the father lost sight of Maddox. I know he ran ahead but at one point in an interview with the father, he says that there were 3 people blocking his view before coming to a crossroads (paraphrasing) where there were more people. He then talks about a man on a bench who saw Maddox and my impression was that the father was fairly close behind Maddox at that point. Is it a wide, clear walking path? Does the path go around in a circle? Is the entire path surrounded by trees? Maybe someone who is familiar with this park can describe the park/trail. In the video, the father looked like he had been crying, eyes were red, etc and appeared to be honest about everything. I don't believe he is involved but I don't understand how he lost site of Maddox. IMO

I understand that kids wander off away from their parents at times particularly in large stores, amusement parks, school fairs, etc (places that are usually packed with people). What I'm having a hard time understanding is how the father lost sight of Maddox. I know he ran ahead but at one point in an interview with the father, he says that there were 3 people blocking his view before coming to a crossroads (paraphrasing) where there were more people. He then talks about a man on a bench who saw Maddox and my impression was that the father was fairly close behind Maddox at that point. Is it a wide, clear walking path? Does the path go around in a circle? Is the entire path surrounded by trees? Maybe someone who is familiar with this park can describe the park/trail. In the video, the father looked like he had been crying, eyes were red, etc and appeared to be honest about everything. I don't believe he is involved but I don't understand how he lost site of Maddox. IMO

I wonder is the path near the bench? Maybe the guy on the bench grabbed him and took off down the path before the dad could get a sight of him?

Is it allowable to link the sex offender registry entry for the person who self-identified as being on probation and providing the tip on the body?
Please don't. Not yet anyway. Let's wait and see if he is a suspect or person of interest first. Thanks.

Another poster told me about this case, so I decided to check it out. My heart breaks for little Maddox. I just pray that his death was fast and he didn't suffer. As far as his parents go, I feel they were not involved. I'm sure Ian feels a lot of guilt for not being able to catch Maddox after he ran off. And now he's gone.. My mom had diabetes, and she had a lot of trouble with her feet because of it. Her chasing me would have been completely out of the question. I know Ian is going to beat himself up every single day of the rest of his life for what has happened. I don't suspect foul play.. not yet anyway. Nothing has lead me down that road. What I see here is Maddox was a curious little boy who loved to be outside and run and play. Maybe he thought his daddy was playing a game with him, and that's why he took off running? I feel like Maddox followed the trail along the creek, and possibly slipped and fell in, causing him to drown. I don't see it being too far for him. My ex-best friend's 3 year old loved to escape out of his house and venture off. One morning while I was staying there, I saw him down at the end of the street out of the corner of my eye. If I hadn't of seen him.. who knows what would have happened.

As far as the RSO goes, I think we need to lay off of him until there is some sort of evidence that proves he was somehow involved. All of his crimes look to have been committed years ago, and while yes, he should be registered, it is possible to change. So until we get something that leads us in the direction that he was involved.. we should back off when it comes to him. I'm just thankful that he gave the tip that lead to the discovery of little Maddox.

I wonder is the path near the bench? Maybe the guy on the bench grabbed him and took off down the path before the dad could get a sight of him?
My impression from the video was the man on the bench saw Maddox and then saw the father looking for Maddox and told the father he had seen Maddox on the path. So if that's the case, I don't believe the man on the bench could have taken him.

I’m not sure I understand what kind of tip the RSO might have given to LE? Anyone?

MTE. I wish we had a walk through of where the dad was at , the bench the man was seen sitting at and the trail. I'd like to know how close the trail is to the bench.
I agree and is it a wide open path that goes around in a circle where you can see from one side to the other side. I just can't picture the setup of this park/walking path.

The distance was what a mile? So a 6 year old can go how fast....this path is a direct link to walk given authorities stated there are screens so he couldn't have fallen in and got swept away to the creek area....that would have taken a half hour for a 6 year old to reach that distance... 3mph speed on average.... approx at least not even an hour if he fell in at that distance? or sooner and drifted in the creek? I hope they can determine estimated time/COD. I can't imagine the mother's grief right now wondering about his last moments, as we all are. I can't imagine. My head is spinning thinking about his last moments and wish the clock could be turned back for his family. Man.

Things that I would like to know......
Four miles is a long way to walk or run- it would take quite a long time for a small child to make that distance that is nearly 9-10 km wow, all on his own without seeing another person?
I wonder why the dogs didn't pick up a trail?
Interested to know if the boy was wearing his orange t-shirt?
What is this 'friend' doing while the father was going on his search for the boy?

I was a nanny for 2 twin 4 y/o boys in the Bahamas. These boys were very energetic and difficult.We were on a crowded beach when they both took off running from me. I was young and in shape but it was hard going after them while carrying their things in the deep sand and spotting them on a very crowded beach. I was praying they would not split up.I could visually spot them but with so many people mixed in,it was hard.Thankfully a father saw and heard me frantically screaming,he grabbed them and held them.
My point is yes they are fast and with the trees and shrubs the father could lose sight.

My impression from the video was the man on the bench saw Maddox and then saw the father looking for Maddox and told the father he had seen Maddox on the path. So if that's the case, I don't believe the man on the bench could have taken him.
BBM

That would be interesting to know.

And did the man on the bench see the mystery woman ?
If the dad (as he stated in the video) has neuropathy in his feet and cannot run, did the friend run after him ?

My initial thought about this case when Maddox was still missing, was that the dad took a friend with to help him keep up to Maddox.

It'd make sense since dad knows if Maddox runs-- there's no way he can catch him.
When did the friend see Maddox last ?
Is it possible she tried to catch up to him, and lost sight of Maddox ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mzrowdy