Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an older article about the greenway extension:

“The city’s Highland Rail Trail currently begins at the Gastonia Police Department and winds northwest, ending near Interstate 85. But as part of the major redevelopment of the I-85/U.S. 321 interchange that is underway, a new greenway extension is being built that will carry walkers and bikers safely around that busy area. It will meander through the wooded area past Bulb Avenue, then run parallel to Long Creek where it ducks under U.S. 321, bringing people into the northern boundary of Rankin Lake Park.”
Gastonia wants to expand greenway system with bridge

Do you truly think Maddox walked a little over a mile (and died where they found him)? Or do you think he was taken to that spot (a mile from where last seen) or dumped there, by someone else?

All of the Florence generated storms throughout the last several days, although hit or miss, have been moving west to east through TN and I can't imagine they got to the NC state line and stopped. We've had some high winds and flooding in several places. A tornado a day or two ago I believe.

Heavy rains Monday, Tuesday and some yesterday. I'm sure NC just across the line got some too which would mean that creek was likely swollen.

Most likely, without knowing anything else is he drowned in the creek and was swept downstream.

From Google StreetView. This is from the highway looking toward the park. The creek is difficult to see due to trees but I've marked it with blue dots. The paved trail is marked with red dots. The pavement ends but the trail continues. That section is marked with green dots.
Again, @JohnTate90210, you are a marvel! Thanks for the pictures they really do speak 1,000 words!;)
And again I will say that the area between the path and the creek looks almost impregnable to me -- could a little guy make his way through all that bramble? Maybe at his height it would be easier to get through all that brush. Can you see the creek from the path?
Excuse all these questions but the vegetation just looks so, so thick to me. o_O

I knew about the greenway but didn't realize until now that there was an opening at the north end of the park for that. What bridge are you referring to if you don't mind? The Gaston College exit going towards old dallas hwy is the one that is on my mind, also the bridge at I-85. Which bridge are you referring to?

Off the top of my head I can't say, but it was mentioned by a news reporter and I believe the Gaston Chief of Police during today's presser. I'll go watch it again to confirm. I also don't get out to exit 19 very often these days, I live east of there. It would be helpful if there were press conference transcripts.

How much rain have you gotten in the last week? Anything heavy? How high does that creek rise when it rains heavy with all the water off the hills west of the lake filling it?

This all happened really close to my house and along the route I drive to work. I wish I could have been around there that day at that time and could have done something to help this poor boy. God Bless him.

Here is the video of the man who gave the tip. I googled him and what he is convicted for is VERY troubling to say the least. Idk what’s allowed to be posted on here so I’ll just leave the video.

FOX 46 Charlotte

It’s interesting to me how he insists it would be easy for a child to get there on his own, during a red light. Surely someone would have seen him walking there.

Not making any assumptions, I’ve learned my lesson about that. But this is very strange to say that he least.
What is his name? I have not heard it stated.

If a RSO suggested where Maddox might be and then he was found there I would think LE will be asking the RSO more questions. That just sounds off to me.

But the guy said to check the pipes, but the boy wasn’t in the pipes, right? Maybe it was just a coincidence that when they went to check the pipes, the boy had ended up washed into that part of the creek? They said they had checked that area several times before.

Very weird though. I wouldn’t be doing TV interviews if I was that guy, that’s for sure.

Off the top of my head I can't say, but it was mentioned by a news reporter and I believe the Gaston Chief of Police during today's presser. I'll go watch it again to confirm. I also don't get out to exit 19 very often these days, I live east of there. It would be helpful if there were press conference transcripts.

The bridge is just before Tommy's Drive-In and it escaped my mind also. Thanks for bringing it up.

I just do not see a father losing track of his child only long enough for a sex offender to find him. I think it will be ruled an accidental death and all this speculation with be for not. I am new here so if I am wrong it will be like digging a grave for myself but hey, it is what I think. Hi, I am Kat. Fingers crossed this was an accident and not a sinister act by a parent or other.

How much rain have you gotten in the last week? Anything heavy? How high does that creek rise when it rains heavy with all the water off the hills west of the lake filling it?

Hurricane Florence came in about 10 or 12 days ago and brought alot of rain to the area. I admit, I haven't laid eyes on the creek since then but the portion of the creek where I live, which is along the Long Creek bridge, is about 2 feet deep normally.

It did rain heavy yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member