Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure I understand what kind of tip the RSO might have given to LE? Anyone?

“Probation and the U.S. Marshalls came over to the house and was checking around. I gave them a tip, I asked if they had looked down in the holes and the pipes.”

She (U.S. Marshall) said, 'I don't know if we have or not, but we'll check on it and see," Harold Early told FOX 46.

"When we pulled up I saw all this traffic and I asked a police officer what was going on and they said they haven't confirmed it yet, but they think they found (Maddox's) body down there."

Registered sex offender says his tip helped police find body of Maddox Ritch

Sorry, just jumping in here. Was he found in the water?

He was found in 2-3 feet of water in a creek by a county road.
Apparently there are screens in the creeks that lead away from the lake... so he didn't wash down there. Possibly fell in ?
But so far, there's no cause of death or time of death (how long Maddox has been deceased).

Here is another video about the Lake Park. This man gives a history of it. He says the lake is over 80 acres. There is no way this little boy fell in the lake and then drifted to where they found him. It would have taken a very long time for him to get there probably more than 6 days and as its been stated there are vents that would have prevented him from leaving the lake if thats where he fell in. He either ran down the trail or was placed off the road side by someone IMO!

This is all speculation....

What if they were walking on the trail to the north of the lake, heading east, back toward the main parking area. Let's say Maddox is running ahead like he often does. He rounds that little bend toward the top and is therefore could be out of Dad's sight. (Hard to say if that's possible since I've never been to this trail or anything to see what the line of sight is.) Then maybe Maddox decided to go off the path and head north. If there is no fence or anything...he would have been very close to the creek and could have fallen in quite quickly, I imagine. And even a small current could sweep his body away, right? In these short minutes, the Dad likely wasn't super concerned and just thought Maddox had run ahead and they'd catch up. But once they reach the main parking area again...they realize he's missing.

Anyway...just a possible scenario for those that can't see how he'd disappear so quickly.

I attached a screen shot from Google maps of the northern area of the lake that I'm picturing.

Attachments

• rankinlake.jpg
    rankinlake.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 40
I am just catching up and am heartbroken at the developements.

As far as the entrance. There is only one entrance and exit to the park. There is, however, an opening where they are planning to construct a greenway path that they plan to eventually connect to another greenway park in Gastonia. As far as I understand, the path hasn't even been started yet but the opening does exist and that is where he got out from.

Also from what I understand, he could not have fell into the lake and drifted down Long Creek. LE noted that water does escape the lake and into Long Creek but that there is a screen it passed through from the lake.

The Presser happened at Robinson-Clemmer and Old Dallas HWY. My wife told me that they said he was found about a mile from where they had the presser. The only thing I'd wonder is how he got across HWY 321 without being seen.

This all happened really close to my house and along the route I drive to work. I wish I could have been around there that day at that time and could have done something to help this poor boy. God Bless him.

This is all speculation....

What if they were walking on the trail to the north of the lake, heading east, back toward the main parking area. Let's say Maddox is running ahead like he often does. He rounds that little bend toward the top and is therefore could be out of Dad's sight. (Hard to say if that's possible since I've never been to this trail or anything to see what the line of sight is.) Then maybe Maddox decided to go off the path and head north. If there is no fence or anything...he would have been very close to the creek and could have fallen in quite quickly, I imagine. And even a small current could sweep his body away, right? In these short minutes, the Dad likely wasn't super concerned and just thought Maddox had run ahead and they'd catch up. But once they reach the main parking area again...they realize he's missing.

Anyway...just a possible scenario for those that can't see how he'd disappear so quickly.

I attached a screen shot from Google maps of the northern area of the lake that I'm picturing.

He could have also fallen and hit his head or something...as far as water displacing him, the lake obviously drains into Long Creek and the volume would have been increased from them draining the lake yesterday/today and the heavy rain last night. It rained for over four hours here (was raining when I went to bed) and raining so hard that my mother in law's clothes were soaked enough to be see through just from walking up my driveway, which is about 2.5 car lengths long.

I am just catching up and am heartbroken at the developements.

As far as the entrance. There is only one entrance and exit to the park. There is, however, an opening where they are planning to construct a greenway path that they plan to eventually connect to another greenway park in Gastonia. As far as I understand, the path hasn't even been started yet but the opening does exist and that is where he got out from.

Also from what I understand, he could not have fell into the lake and drifted down Long Creek. LE noted that water does escape the lake and into Long Creek but that there is a screen it passed through from the lake.

The Presser happened at Robinson-Clemmer and Old Dallas HWY. My wife told me that they said he was found about a mile from where they had the presser. The only thing I'd wonder is how he got across HWY 321 without being seen.

This all happened really close to my house and along the route I drive to work. I wish I could have been around there that day at that time and could have done something to help this poor boy. God Bless him.
He could have gone under 321, there is a path under the bridge. It is a future greenway extension that will connect in downtown Gastonia.

I was a nanny for 2 twin 4 y/o boys in the Bahamas. These boys were very energetic and difficult.We were on a crowded beach when they both took off running from me. I was young and in shape but it was hard going after them while carrying their things in the deep sand and spotting them on a very crowded beach. I was praying they would not split up.I could visually spot them but with so many people mixed in,it was hard.Thankfully a father saw and heard me frantically screaming,he grabbed them and held them.
My point is yes they are fast and with the trees and shrubs the father could lose sight.
After seeing the video of the lake/park, I agree and can now understand how a parent could lose site of their child there. My son got away from me at a school fair when he was 6, for about 10 seconds. Those 10 seconds felt like hours and the panic set in immediately. I can't imagine the pain the parents are in right now.

He could have gone under 321, there is a path under the bridge. It is a future greenway extension that will connect in downtown Gastonia.

I knew about the greenway but didn't realize until now that there was an opening at the north end of the park for that. What bridge are you referring to if you don't mind? The Gaston College exit going towards old dallas hwy is the one that is on my mind, also the bridge at I-85. Which bridge are you referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkravetsky