Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the video of the man who gave the tip. I googled him and what he is convicted for is VERY troubling to say the least. Idk what’s allowed to be posted on here so I’ll just leave the video.

FOX 46 Charlotte

It’s interesting to me how he insists it would be easy for a child to get there on his own, during a red light. Surely someone would have seen him walking there.

Not making any assumptions, I’ve learned my lesson about that. But this is very strange to say that he least.

OMG!!! I figured it was something like that or his PO officer would not have been there.

Oh they sure can. Kids with autism especially "elope" and can go great distances.

This five year old ended up 3.5 miles away. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna408226

This two year old wandered 3-4 miles before circling back and dying a mile from his home.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnew...w/emmett-trapp-wandered-off/story?id=11323106

Thank you for the education that I will remember hopefully. In the future. I knew about water was a danger for autistic kids but I did not know they could walk so far!

View attachment 148876

Google Maps
This is the area where Maddox was found. I matched it up to the video posted earlier:
MISSING 6-YEAR-OLD MADDOX RITCH:Police: Body found in creek near Gastonia park believed to be Maddox Ritch
I hope the presser will give us more information like was he in the creek or near the creek.

I suck with maps but the path or trail leading out of the park literally goes straight to (still a maintained path) until it gets to the underpass at 321. You have to turn to the right to go back to the parking area. I really wish this area had been searched sooner.

I 100% agree. I feel this is an unfortunate accident and the father will beat himself up more than anyone else ever could. Until further information comes out, respect for the family needs to be adhered to.

I have been saying this since day one. I am so sad for the father. I really hope he is able to somehow one day learn to forgive himself for this awful accident. Sure it could have been prevented but I don't think it's fair for us to pass judgement. Raising an autistic child is a job in itself and each individual child and situation is different.

Yes there is. But is didn't look like that path leads to where Maddox was found.
The map resolution isn't very good but you can see right before the highway the paved walkway (which veers left off the walkway that goes around the lake) becomes a dirt path and continues alongside Long Creek.

You can see LE walking it in the video in the tweet linked by osu upthread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces