Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where was he last seen and going in which direction?

The creek flows along the north bank of the reservoir and it flows west to east.

If the child got into the creek at the north end of the lake, and say he drowned, he could have easily been swept downstream to where he was found and if they had rain like more everyone else has in the southeast for the last several days, it seems logical brush and limbs would have been swept downstream with his body.

The park and lake are at the left. The creek is marked with with blue dots. The trail is marked with red dots. According to Google StreetView, once the trail reaches the highway, the paved part ends and it becomes rougher and continues under the highway. I've marked that section with green dots.

I suck with maps but the path or trail leading out of the park literally goes straight to (still a maintained path) until it gets to the underpass at 321. You have to turn to the right to go back to the parking area. I really wish this area had been searched sooner.

Replying to my own post. According to the presser, this area had been searched before.

So far we've learned that Maddox could not have been swept into the creek from Rankin Lake as there are screens in place. He was partly submerged in the creek - hopefully when COD is determined it'll clarify whether he drowned or not.

And a sex offender is claiming his tip led LE to Maddox' body. Wow.

Who says he inserted himself? If a child goes missing you canvas the area. I would assume (which I could be wrong, I am often) that the SOP would be to interview all registered offenders in the vicinity.

Of course he would be interviewed by the police and the PO officer but he also made himself available to the press for an interview.

Who says he inserted himself? If a child goes missing you canvas the area. I would assume (which I could be wrong, I am often) that the SOP would be to interview all registered offenders in the vicinity.

Respectfully, I was referring to the public interview he gave, taking credit for giving them a tip.

Of course, all RSO's in the area would be contacted during the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1