Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on y’all. He was trying to help. Should having a past offense, (that he was given probation instead of prison time) prevent him from giving a tip?
Agree! He was very genuine, and I believe his sincerity.
I've been wrong before, but rarely when it comes to character.
I think it's best we all simmer down and wait for some facts. Speaking for myself, of course.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Damn.
If he's innocent... why draw attention by saying that ?

He should just grieve for his child, and forget what anyone else is saying about him -- nothing else should matter, if he's done nothing wrong.

He said that before the child was found and it was in answer to a reporter asking if he was being treated as a suspect by LE.

In one interview, the father specified some landmark structures including a building. I thought somebody more familiar might have a pretty good idea determining the where's at least from the father's story to at least narrow down if he possibly escaped detection by slipping into the creek alongside the reservoir's northern bank.

From the track level to the creek there appears to only be about a five foot drop in elevation, so it isn't like it appears the creek is down in some unaccessible ravine.

This is precisely why LE needs to hear from anyone who was in the park last Saturday. They want to know exactly where Maddox was seen, approximate time of sighting, was he alone or with his dad or the girlfriend, his demeanor, etc. Perhaps some folks even have cell phone photos or video of Maddox as he ran through the park.

Damn.

He should just grieve for his child, and forget what anyone else is saying about him -- nothing else should matter, if he's done nothing wrong.
A. His son just died, he's a mess
B. He isn't used to speaking to the press
C. He isn't a sophisticated guy and is in shock
D. He feels guilty because the boy disappeared on his watch
E. Etc., etc.

Agree! He was very genuine, and I believe his sincerity.
I've been wrong before, but rarely when it comes to character.
I think it's best we all simmer down and wait for some facts. Speaking for myself, of course.

Amateur opinion and speculation

The guy is a child molester. He likes youg children, 6 and 7 years olds and has sex with 15 year olds.

I don’t know much about forensics, but will the autopsy show time of death? Even just approximately. It turns my stomach to think he was out there alone and scared for days.

Rip sweet angel.
As a general rule, the sooner after death the body is examined, the more accurate this estimate will be.

Unfortunately, the changes that a body undergoes after death occur in widely variable ways and with unpredictable time frames. There is no single factor that will accurately indicate the time of physiological death. It is always a best guess. But when the principles are properly applied, the medical examiner can often estimate the physiologic time of death with some degree of accuracy.

To help with his estimation, the ME / Coroner utilizes various observations and tests, including:

Body temperature
Rigor mortis
Livor mortis (lividity)
Degree of putrefaction
Stomach contents
Corneal cloudiness
Vitreous potassium level
Insect activity

Remember, you are dealing with tricky circumstances, and even the experienced pathologist will have to weigh all the facts before he attempts an estimate. The science has greatly picked up in the last few years and I'll pray they have a good ME on this one. RIP sweet boy.

He was inserted into the investigation before that interview, no disrespect intended. He was going to be investigated regardless of the interview.

The guy could be jumping in front of it trying to sway public perception. At the end of the day, he lives in this area, has a record, and knows what the community will be thinking.

Not everyone who speaks to the police speaks to the press. The police do not provide the press with a list of people who have been interviewed.

LE always pays attention to who inserts himself into the story by giving interviews, seeming a little "too" involved. Many predators and killers enjoy being part of the action and seeing everyone deceived. It's pretty serial killer 101 to check out who seems out of place and enjoying the attention too much.

The guy is a child molester. He likes youg children, 6 and 7 years olds and has sex with 15 year olds.
I find it hard to believe someone with that rap would be on probation only. I could be wrong, of course. I'm going to wait for the facts vs. get swept up in the emotion....which, given the circumstances (the death of this angel), is very difficult.

Amateur speculation and opinion only.

I'd say if he isn't charged with at least neglect, LEO is being very charitable to him. I imagine for everyone that has spoken to and interviewed him, he seems to be keeping his cool better than some would as I've seen a couple interviews where reporters appear to trying to trip him up and are quite skeptical. I also read many locals on facebook have pretty much accused him of dastardly deeds.

What evidence of neglect is there at this point? Serious question, perhaps I missed it.

Fox News has a photo:

Brandon Earl Smith on Twitter

That appears to be near the intersection of Old Dallas Road and Robinson-Clemmer Road, which also happens to be near the residence of the sex offender who gave the tip. That would be about 3200 feet (0.6 miles) from Long Creek, though.

Thank you. I was about to post this but you beat me to it. So how is he in Long Creek when it looks like he was found a half mile away?

Damn.

The headline to that article is misleading and misquotes him. He said, “I mean, I know I’m the number one suspect when it starts. That’s plain and simple,” Ian said in response to Begnaud on whether he felt he was being treated as a suspect.

So the reporter asked if he felt like a suspect and the dad explained that he knows in these types of cases he, as the parent and last person to see the child, would always be the first person to be looked at.

I find it hard to believe someone with that rap would be on probation only. I could be wrong, of course. I'm going to wait for the facts vs. get swept up in the emotion....which, given the circumstances (the death of this angel), is very difficult.

Amateur speculation and opinion only.

He was also accused of raping a 28 year old woman who spent the night at his house and he also was arrested for taking a stun gun to a police station.

His convictions were Feb 2012... he made it sound like his probation was over... 5 years of probabtion.... how is that even possible for those charges?

Not everyone who speaks to the police speaks to the press. The police do not provide the press with a list of people who have been interviewed.

LE always pays attention to who inserts himself into the story by giving interviews, seeming a little "too" involved. Many predators and killers enjoy being part of the action and seeing everyone deceived. It's pretty serial killer 101 to check out who seems out of place and enjoying the attention too much.

I never said the interview wouldn't be taken into account by LEO. There is a difference between inserting yourself and making things worse for yourself. Jump all over this if you like, but I defend my statement. The guy didn't insert himself.

Who says he inserted himself? If a child goes missing you canvas the area. I would assume (which I could be wrong, I am often) that the SOP would be to interview all registered offenders in the vicinity.

I understand everyone is quick to say "his kid is Autistic, he should've been more careful". It's still his kid-that he knows better than anyone. He has said that he normally ran ahead a little bit and then stopped to wait for him. Unfortunately, that's not what happened this time. If more evidence comes to light against the dad-then I will rethink my ideas. But at this time, I just feel pain for him for the guilt he must be feeling. My heart breaks for sweet Maddox, his family, and the community.

He did not keep proper look out and control of the autistic child. If you leave a child that age home alone you could be charged even if nothing happened to him and it matters not that he is autisic, that would be any child these days and the cutoff age varies from state to state, but, that number is over 6 in all states.

Again, what evidence can you present that he didn't keep proper lookout?

Emotions are high, I get it. However, at this point in time there is no evidence of neglect. Did he perhaps let the kid get to far ahead of him with his medical conditions? Perhaps. That in itself doesn't necessarily constitute neglect.

Edit: Let me rephrase that, there is no public evidence. Which is the court he is being judged in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mzrowdy