Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Probation and the U.S. Marshals came over to the house and was checking around. I gave them a tip, I asked if they had looked down in the holes and the pipes. She said, 'I don't know if we have or not, but we'll check on it and see," Harold Early told FOX 46. "When we pulled up I saw all this traffic and I asked a police officer what was going on and they said they haven't confirmed it yet, but they think they found [Maddox's] body down there."
Registered sex offender says his tip helped police find body of Maddox Ritch
How close was this to the SO's house?

For all the dotted maps and such, nobody seems to know where the boy was last seen running, and in which direction.

The father gave an accounting of here he saw him last and also mentioned a person sitting on a bench, presumably near the track, had seen him run by and attempted to speak to him.

As the press conference ends..two major questions still remain:

-HOW MADDOX GOT TO LONG CREEK?

-HOW HE DIED?

An emotional time for all in Gaston County. @WCCBCharlotte #MaddoxRitch

Alexandra Elich on Twitter

Here is the video of the man who gave the tip. I googled him and what he is convicted for is VERY troubling to say the least. Idk what’s allowed to be posted on here so I’ll just leave the video.

FOX 46 Charlotte

It’s interesting to me how he insists it would be easy for a child to get there on his own, during a red light. Surely someone would have seen him walking there.

Not making any assumptions, I’ve learned my lesson about that. But this is very strange to say that he least.
I see him as sincere and legit.

So many questions. Were dogs brought in? If so why couldn't they follow his trail?

If he drowned upstream and was swept down, the dogs would only be of use in determing at what point he went into the water.

Flow direction really doesn't matter with regards to dogs losing a scent that became submersed, I just didn't want to confuse anyone with what appears may be likely.

He is the one who offered a possible location to the probation officer and the marshall.

If you know the lay of the land better than the police wouldn't you offer up advice on where to look? I know in a case local to me they searched woods behind my house and I am sure I could tell police spots in those woods because I guarantee I know those woods better than the officers.

For all the dotted maps and such, nobody seems to know where the boy was last seen running, and in which direction.

The father gave an accounting of here he saw him last and also mentioned a person sitting on a bench, presumably near the track, had seen him run by and attempted to speak to him.

This is precisely why LE needs to hear from anyone who was in the park last Saturday. They want to know exactly where Maddox was seen, approximate time of sighting, was he alone or with his dad or the girlfriend, his demeanor, etc. Perhaps some folks even have cell phone photos or video of Maddox as he ran through the park.

The post I quoted said inserting yourself into an investigation, not an interview.

People are sheep who want attention and most jump at the chance to get in front of a camera.

IMHO any registered sex offender, that has been checked out by the police because of a missing child, that agrees to go public in an interview claiming to have provided the tip that led to the deceased child has now inserted himself into the investigation. No disrespect intended.

RIP, Little One. Thoughts and prayers going up.

122811-e58fbefb80108ba314f3e32fe3cd2e00.jpg

Attachments

• sleepingAngleWithCandle.jpg
    sleepingAngleWithCandle.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 2
IMHO any registered sex offender, that has been checked out by the police because of a missing child, that agrees to go public in an interview claiming to have provided the tip that led to the deceased child has now inserted himself into the investigation. No disrespect intended.

Looks like multiple interviews too.

He was inserted into the investigation before that interview, no disrespect intended. He was going to be investigated regardless of the interview.

The guy could be jumping in front of it trying to sway public perception. At the end of the day, he lives in this area, has a record, and knows what the community will be thinking.

Here is the video of the man who gave the tip. I googled him and what he is convicted for is VERY troubling to say the least. Idk what’s allowed to be posted on here so I’ll just leave the video.

FOX 46 Charlotte

It’s interesting to me how he insists it would be easy for a child to get there on his own, during a red light. Surely someone would have seen him walking there.

Not making any assumptions, I’ve learned my lesson about that. But this is very strange to say that he least.
I listened to it, and he more specifically said "getting across the Interstate at a red light would be easy"?

Whaaaaaat?

This is so heart wrenching. I pray he "only" drowned. At this point it would be much better than the alternative of suffering at the hands of an adult. Poor child could not yell out "help" or "no" if someone grabbed him in the park. I hope everyone who was at the park comes forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1