DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A. His son just died, he's a mess
B. He isn't used to speaking to the press
C. He isn't a sophisticated guy and is in shock
D. He feels guilty because the boy disappeared on his watch
E. Etc., etc.

The way the article was titled, it sounded like he was interviewed after Maddox was found, not before.
So it was somewhat misleading.

Agree! He was very genuine, and I believe his sincerity.
I've been wrong before, but rarely when it comes to character.

I think it's best we all simmer down and wait for some facts. Speaking for myself, of course.

Amateur opinion and speculation
BBM

He did come across as sincere. And why give a tip when he has to know it'd bring attention to himself ?

No cod yet... and nothing to say any harm's been done.

If there's been foul play -- my .02 it was probably someone else and not this ^^^ tipster.

If you haven’t, google your area, the number of registered sex offenders around you will make your mouth drop. Someone posted a while back there are many in the park area where little Maddox disappeared. I think it’s coincidence only a RSO happened to be one of many that spoke up about where he could be.

If you haven’t heard, just heard on CBS that the creek where Maddox was found is separated from the main lake by screens.

Therefore, he could not have fallen in the lake and floated into the area where he was found. This was said by the news reporter.

This does not sound good!

I find it hard to believe someone with that rap would be on probation only. I could be wrong, of course. I'm going to wait for the facts vs. get swept up in the emotion....which, given the circumstances (the death of this angel), is very difficult.

Amateur speculation and opinion only.
He was released from prison in 2013. The offenses were committed in 80, 81 and 2001.

I'm new here, but have been reading on here since the Mariah Woods case. Just a random thought...

They said they were draining the lake to look for Maddox. How do they do that? It appears that there's a smaller retention pond at the back, but I would guess that only drains into the larger lake. It appears that there's only one place for water to go... into the creek. Someone stated the water was at 2-3 feet now, how deep was it prior to the water being drained? (If that is how they drained it).

It's possible that the boy hid when the area was searched previously. Hopefully he wasn't playing in the creek when the water was released and drowned, totally accidentally, while they were attempting to locate him in the lake.

I'm hoping that this is accidental, and that no adult chose this end for him.

He was also accused of raping a 28 year old woman who spent the night at his house and he also was arrested for taking a stun gun to a police station.

His convictions were Feb 2012... he made it sound like his probation was over... 5 years of probabtion.... how is that even possible for those charges?

Probably because the offenses were old ones that just came to light. He was released in early in 2013 so he just did get off probation.

Absolutely.
I think people need to hold on and wait for some information. The reports are conflicting right now from half a mile to 4 miles.

From what I've seen I think that the half mile - one mile is the most accurate. I think it's entirely possible Maddox went into the lake and was swept into the creek.

If he DID walk to the creek himself I think it will bring questions of why searches were not conducted outside the park though.

This is an amazing point. I agree.

I think the diabetes, neuropathy and possibly being on the spectrum explain all the issues people have with the father.

He was with his new girlfriend. Do we really think a new girlfriend is going to lie for this guy? Claim Maddox was with them if he wasn't? That makes zero sense. It's not even logical.

Right. The moment I heard that someone was with him at the park I felt it was unlikely to be a case of foul play involving dad.

I haven't watched him speak. Just saw mama. People were criticizing her online for not having tears. I felt she seemed very upset.

If dad seems different it could be he is slightly on the spectrum himself.

This is a case in which I have no reason to believe dad was involved.

Kids with autism elope, they can move fast, they may not answer searchers and they're attracted to water.

I feel the dad might have been distracted.

This seems to have been a horrible accident.

:eek: Am I understanding this right? He says he is on probation and told the police to search near where the kid was found? o_O

I'll just wait patiently for the presser....

RIP little Maddox :(

Yeah if that's true, then I would be worried about this cat, who may have come upon a wandering child.

We shall see.

Is it allowable to link the sex offender registry entry for the person who self-identified as being on probation and providing the tip on the body?

I think someone already posted a link that led to someone’s screenshot of that.

I can’t figure out if he’s totally innocent and trying to prove he’s “no longer the man he was” by being so open about this, or if it is a case of, “Methinks thou dost protest too much”......

Yes. The recent storms are a good reason that his body was camouflaged by natural debris.
There was a path from the area he was last seen running to that area.
He was seen at the park that day by other witnesses.
I hope the investigation is conclusive and leaves no room for the continued speculation of foul play. The parents are victims, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1