Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still hoping and praying that this was just a fun game of chase that father and son played during their outings, but instead of Maddox tiring out or getting bored with the game, he just kept going.

Ugh.. the ME should by now know if it was an accidental drowning. If that did indeed happen, they should say something so folks minds don't keep wandering where they shouldn't be. This really is unnerving. I really am hoping and praying that this poor child just had one hell of a fun run and adventure, went to get a drink of water or explore the creek and fell and hurt himself by accident.

This thread has become so hostile.
Yes, it has. It makes me uncomfortable reading here. I have questions too. Many questions. I will withhold judgment or stating an opinion as to foul play until the autopsy results are released.

"The investigation is not over". From Fox news today. That is chilling.

Apparently, Maddox was missing for an HOUR before his Father went to a park employee for assistance.

An hour. Silence. An hour.
This is what is so damn confusing to me! If this was an accident and nothing more, why the tight lips and investigation?

This is what is so damn confusing to me! If this was an accident and nothing more, why the tight lips and investigation?

Do you (or anyone else here) recall another boy who drowned in a pond not far from where he was last seen, I want to say he was around Maddox's age and also in NC. I wonder how long after he was found that it was ruled accidental?
(Im going to see if I can locate those details)

*Edit to add Info*
Found it. Raul Johnson/Gonzalez.
NC, 4 years old. He has a thread here from January 2018.
He was found in a neighbors pond and it was very quickly ruled an accidental drowning. Each case is different, but It does make one wonder why at least preliminary autopsy results
arent released.

Last edited:
“Please, don’t spread rumors, theories, or speculation on social media about Maddox Ritch,” officials with the FBI in Charlotte tweeted on Monday. “The investigation is ongoing, we are working hard to determine how he got into the creek.”
Officials Confirm Body in Creek Is 6-Year-Old Maddox Ritch as FBI Warns 'Don't Spread Rumors'
Why exactly is the FBI in Charlotte making such a silly plea like this- shouldn't they be working hard to get to the truth about what happened to Maddox and not worry about rumors? Maybe, just maybe, if they officially cleared people that others are alarmed about, folks would calm down and not be wary! How about that? Instead, they tip toe around things, which is fine, they are investigating and need to do this properly so that if Maddox was indeed murdered, they find the suspect and build a case around them.

Yes, social media does have it's moments, but think about it, long before the internet? There were these places called diners and coffee shops, and guess what folks of those generations did when something like this happened in their communities? Yup, they spread rumors, some may have been true, and of course, some was false. Telephone wires would burn up with the gossip.

So again, why are they so focused on such a silly thing as this? Sorry, I am just really annoyed- between that and them asking several times a day about the park goers to call in.

“Please, don’t spread rumors, theories, or speculation on social media about Maddox Ritch,” officials with the FBI in Charlotte tweeted on Monday. “The investigation is ongoing, we are working hard to determine how he got into the creek.
Officials Confirm Body in Creek Is 6-Year-Old Maddox Ritch as FBI Warns 'Don't Spread Rumors'

Please tell me if I'm looking too much into this but BBM I'm extremely concerned by this comment. If the little boy drowned in the creek they'd know right away he got there from the park. This tells me its highly possible he was placed there. I was really thinking he walked that far and then drowned since its 3-4 feet in the water. :-/

Do you (or anyone else here) recall another boy who drowned in a pond not far from where he was last seen, I want to say he was around Maddox's age and also in NC. I wonder how long after he was found that it was ruled accidental?
(Im going to see if I can locate those details)
are you thinking of darling Raul, and it was two days after he was found, it was ruled accidental.

'The outcome we all feared:' Scotland County Sheriff says 4-year-old boy's death appears to be accidental :: WRAL.com

About the people in the park that day...how many were there in "real "time?? What I mean is that so many people are listening to music,watching sports, reading facebook while strolling around. I recently was in the front row at a concert watching James Taylor,yet the guy next to me had his headphones on watching a ball game. When I wak,I listen to music,but I am constantly aware of my surroundings and watching people. I go to baseball games,music concerts and am always looking around. Being an early childhood teacher for over 25 years, I tend to zone in on the children around me. I notice what they are doing. I guess what I am trying to say is that even though there were a lot of people at the park,they might have been just caught up in what they were doing.

I know 4 people personally who lost their children in the blink of an eye when they or other adults were distracted for a minute or two. It happens to the best of people who love their children with their entire being. Do not judge this man or say that it would never happen to you because you would do things differently. You HOPE you would never take your eyes off of your kids, but you have and you do all the time. You are just fortunate that nothing horrible happened while you were distracted.

About the people in the park that day...how many were there in "real "time?? What I mean is that so many people are listening to music,watching sports, reading facebook while strolling around. I recently was in the front row at a concert watching James Taylor,yet the guy next to me had his headphones on watching a ball game. When I wak,I listen to music,but I am constantly aware of my surroundings and watching people. I go to baseball games,music concerts and am always looking around. Being an early childhood teacher for over 25 years, I tend to zone in on the children around me. I notice what they are doing. I guess what I am trying to say is that even though there were a lot of people at the park,they might have been just caught up in what they were doing.
Me too. I’m so fascinated and entertained with children. I notice all children, whether in my neighborhood, at the school, park or Walmart. I watch with delight. I’m so jealous you didn’t take me with you to see James Taylor. He’s always been a favorite of mine. Thank you for your service as a teacher. Two of my sisters are retired teachers and I sometimes think most teachers are under appreciated.

Why exactly is the FBI in Charlotte making such a silly plea like this- shouldn't they be working hard to get to the truth about what happened to Maddox and not worry about rumors? Maybe, just maybe, if they officially cleared people that others are alarmed about, folks would calm down and not be wary! How about that? Instead, they tip toe around things, which is fine, they are investigating and need to do this properly so that if Maddox was indeed murdered, they find the suspect and build a case around them.

Yes, social media does have it's moments, but think about it, long before the internet? There were these places called diners and coffee shops, and guess what folks of those generations did when something like this happened in their communities? Yup, they spread rumors, some may have been true, and of course, some was false. Telephone wires would burn up with the gossip.

So again, why are they so focused on such a silly thing as this? Sorry, I am just really annoyed- between that and them asking several times a day about the park goers to call in.

Maybe because the family get to hear about such comments and it is disrespectful and hurtful to them. Plus some people read to much into what people say and take the law into their own hands. That's just a couple of reasons why I have more

Maybe because the family get to hear about such comments and it is disrespectful and hurtful to them. Plus some people read to much into what people say and take the law into their own hands. That's just a couple of reasons why I have more
But the FBI's and LE's job is to find out what happened to Maddox and when, not worry about silly comments on the internet or in coffee shops to which might have a grain of truth to them or not. Bigger fish to fry than people chatting on social media. I do get what you are saying and yes folks should be more considerate and kind, but again, that is not the LE and FBI's problem.

But the FBI's and LE's job is to find out what happened to Maddox and when, not worry about silly comments on the internet or in coffee shops to which might have a grain of truth to them or not. Bigger fish to fry than people chatting on social media. I do get what you are saying and yes folks should be more considerate and kind, but again, that is not the LE and FBI's problem.
I almost broke my stylus hitting the like button so hard

Maybe LE and FBI know the truth and cannot bear to see the harshful things being posted about this sweet childs family. Or even seeing posts misconstruing facts. I wish they would release what they do know, but seems in all cases, it's never fast enough.

No disrespect to the father or to anyone with Autism.
Just trying to figure out why he seemed not emotional or panicked in the first interview that is all.

I have a friend with Autism and he responds the same he doesn't panic no matter what the crisis. It can be good to stay calm in an emergency.

We are speculating why it took the father over an hour to call 911. That's all. It could be based on improper reporting.

No one wants to think Maddox was a victim of foul play.

I can easily understand why it might take an hour to call 911. An hour goes by fast when you are searching for a lost child in a large area. You are running around, talking to people, thinking you are close to finding your child, people are helping you....an hour can go by during that chaotic time, and it does not have to mean anything nefarious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Name Here