Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKING: #MaddoxRitch's dad says he wasn't distracted. He was looking at Maddox the entire time until he ran out of his sight. "I'm worried. I thought after the first night he would be found."

Briana Conner on Twitter

I don't know that I believe that. If he ran out of his sight it shouldn't take much to sprint after him if he was watching where he ran.

I feel he was probably distracted. Once I heard he was with someone else but they didn't specify who, I kind of figured it was probably a romantic interest.

Police specifically asking for a man with a white pickup and silver kayak and camo hat. They want to talk to him. Hope I got this right - listening and typing. Others - please correct if I got this wrong.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I agree. If he did all that he could, trying to find him and running after him, then why would he feel guilty? I guess we could probably pick apart many statements made in these cases, some would be accurately picked apart, but once in awhile, the person is truly genuine and the child or missing adult is found ok. I won't lie, I am beyond hope that Maddox is still alive- I want to believe he is and is just waiting to be found, but I just don't feel it in my heart that he is.

I think any parent would feel terribly guilty. Guilty that they let the child out of their sight for a moment or let him run out of arm's reach.

People consistently blame themselves when their kids die or get hurt. That's super common.

Many of you are discussing Statement Analysis. Because of so many people who claimed they knew Statement Analysis Websleuths had to (a while back) disallow the discussion fo SA for this reason.

We would have dueling "experts" giving totally different opinions on a case. All I can hear in my brain is "Dueling Banjos" whenever I think about this issue. It would go something like this;

Member #1 - I've studies SA since 1996 and there is no way the mother is being deceptive. She has none of the classic signs of deception in her statement"

(The first cords of Dueling Banjo's start to play in my head)

Member #2 - YOU ARE WRONG. This shows classic deception She only mentions her missing daughter's name one time and by the way I've been studying Statement Analysis for over 30 years so I do know what I am talking about.

(The second of cords of Dueling Banjos play in my head)

Member #1 - REALLY BIG DEAL I WENT TO LA DE DA COLLEGE IN MAIN TO STUDY. I AM GOING FOR MY SA CERTIFICATION NEXT YEAR. WHAT TRAINING HAVE YOU HAD IN THIS FIELD?

(rather than the rest of Dueling Banjos playing in my head, my head explodes)

If someone can find me a certified Statement Analysis person please send me their name. Email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Maybe we can get a solid SA professional in here to help us. Maybe not but we should give it a good try right?

Thank you,
Tricia
Love your skit. Now I’m hearing “Dueling Banjos. “
Anyway, my hubby is a psychologist and I asked him if he was an “expert” in SA. He said , “I try to be. But it’s hard. Statements need to be backed up by facts.” Guess no help from him. Jmo and just his opinion.

Ian Ritch says “I know I’m the #1 suspect” in the disappearance of his son #maddoxritch from a park in Dallas, North Carolina. Ian says he’s been asked by police for his phone records and for permission to search his vehicles and his home. Maddox has autism & is non verbal.

David Begnaud on Twitter

*video at link
Ut oh. This is the same term murderer Steven Capobianco said when his pregnant girlfriend was missing. “Suspect”.
Why does he think he’s a suspect? Suspect of what? At this point the child is missing.

I am watching the presser live. I believe the father; he is coming across genuine.
I believe him.

I'm not watching but I trust you.

Once I heard he was with someone else there with the kid I doubted he harmed his child.

I hope no one took the little man and that Maddox didn't end up on the water.

Did they search with divers?

I am new to the site. I just want to say I hope and pray they find this adorable little guy hiding out in a tree or bush or something. To those who are more experienced following these cases, who thinks this may be a stranger abduction? Was there anything in the press conference to lead you to believe LE is leaning towards this being the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!