Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I caught that they were both wearing yellow t-shirts. Wonder if that's a uniform.

IIRC, wasn’t there a Pokémon Go competition at the park that day? Maybe the contestants all wore yellow tee shirts? I was speculating upthread that perhaps the dad (and friends), were in the competition and too busy chasing Pokémon’s on their phones to notice that their child had wandered away?
JMO

Tricia, SA rules noted!

if the little one had climbed a tree, infrared camera would have an easy time finding him. Hubby 's a firefighter and my kids used to play hide&seek at night....until they realized my oldest was using the camera!
Ahahahahahaha! Thank you for the belly laugh in an otherwise very somber thread. You have a little Detective in the making!

IIRC, wasn’t there a Pokémon Go competition at the park that day? Maybe the contestants all wore yellow tee shirts? I was speculating upthread that perhaps the dad (and friends), were in the competition and too busy chasing Pokémon’s on their phones to notice that their child wandered away?
JMO
Not a competition, it's a monthly three-hour event. No special clothes or anything but usually players flock to local parks and Rankin would be particularily desirable. So I expect there were hundreds of players out.

Seasoned players learn to stay aware of their surroundings but I could see a parent losing sight of their kid for a minute. But I often walk with a friend when she has her active 7-year-old grandson in tow and we've never lost sight of him.

I doubt dad and friend were playing while caring for Maddox because of his special needs. Or at least I hope not. Although I've seen where one person plays while the other walks along and watches the kids.

@DavidBegnaud
Ian Ritch told me he wonders whether someone kidnapped his 6yo son #maddoxritch who has autism, is non verbal and has been missing since Saturday when his father lost sight of him at a park in Dallas, North Carolina.
David Begnaud on Twitter

This interview with the dad clarifies that he was at the park with his girlfriend and the park worker who called 911 thought the girlfriend was the boy's mom.

‘We just interviewed Ian Ritch, father of missing 6yo #MaddoxRitch.

Ian told us Maddox out ran him at a park in Dallas, N.C, on Saturday after Ian says Maddox took off running after a jogger. Ian claims to have taken & passed 2 lie detector tests. More from him on @CBSEveningNews’

David Begnaud on Twitter

*video/interview at link
If he passed a first, why would he be asked to take a second one?

@DavidBegnaud
Ian Ritch told me he wonders whether someone kidnapped his 6yo son #maddoxritch who has autism, is non verbal and has been missing since Saturday when his father lost sight of him at a park in Dallas, North Carolina.
David Begnaud on Twitter
@DavidBegnaud
David Begnaud on Twitter

Interesting interview. Ian Ritch confirms in this interview that it was his girlfriend who was with him that day. He says that LE have separated he and his girlfriend several times (including today) during the investigation.

Ian Ritch says “I know I’m the #1 suspect” in the disappearance of his son #maddoxritch from a park in Dallas, North Carolina. Ian says he’s been asked by police for his phone records and for permission to search his vehicles and his home. Maddox has autism & is non verbal.

David Begnaud on Twitter

*video at link

WHY do they keep saying non verbal when the mother said he DOES talk but not to strangers? There is a HUGE freakin' difference!! Thats really irritating me.

Also, anyone else confused on the dad coming out and saying that above^^?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper