Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Websleuths has changed its format since the last time followed a case (Caylee Anthony) and I am having a hard time following it now. Which is the best mode for viewing? I would like to see the latest post first if possible.

46C3DA5500000578-5124713-image-a-20_1511875748166.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5124713/Three-year-old-girl-missing-North-Carolina.html

read all the pages...and just waiting for an update..praying she is found safe but I have a bad feeling on this one

If I search for Mariah Kay Woods Truth fb group there is an update. Don't know how true it is tho.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Websleuths has changed its format since the last time followed a case (Caylee Anthony) and I am having a hard time following it now. Which is the best mode for viewing? I would like to see the latest post first if possible.

If you are on a computer, go to the very top of the page and click on settings. It will take you to your subscriptions page. On the left scroll down and click on General settings. Once on that page scroll down to Thread Display Options and you can change it there. Sorry, but don't know how to do on phone. Hope this helps.

Latest:
WCTI News Channel 12Bonten Media Group Holdings Inc.FREE - In Google Play

VIEW

Greenville55°

OnslowSearch for missing girl passes 24-hour mark

Elizabeth Steinberg Merrilee Moore

Posted: Nov 27, 2017 11:40 AM EST

Updated: Nov 28, 2017 10:29 AM EST

11-27-17 Onslow County missing girl...

JACKSONVILLE, Onslow County - The search for the missing 3-year-old girl from Onslow County has passed the 24-hour mark.

3-year-old Mariah Woods was reported missing around 6:00 a.m. yesterday morning, Sheriff Hans Miller confirmed.

Mariah was last seen the night before, on November 26, when her mother put her to bed. An Amber Alert was issued later in the evening, hours after the little girl was reported missing.

The 24-hour mark brings a big significance to the investigation, as the first 48 hours following a child's disappearance are most critical for finding and returning that child home safely.

The Latest

Law enforcement officials are confirming that federal agents are going house to house and searching all abandoned cars. Officials said their area of focus is the land behind the line of houses where she went missing, which is marine property.

The Sheriff's dept not asking for assistance from civilians right now and K-9 units were going down both directions of Dawson Cabin Road as of 10:27 a.m.

K-9 units arrived on the scene at 10:00 a.m.

As of 9:30 a.m. this morning, FBI, NCIS, Onslow Sheriff's Department, and military police are on the scene continuing the search for Mariah Woods.

The military police had a mobile command unit set up yesterday, officials confirmed. As our reporters arrived on scene today, officials were setting it up again.

40 members and 80 guests viewing, join us :wave:

Hello. I'm usually lurking, this is my first post. I came here because of the Delphi girls.
I used to live on Lejeune, and I know this area well. I used to, anyway. It's been years.
I even lived right off 17 for a time.

Was the Amber Alert not sent to phones because there was no vehicle involved?

http://www.wcti12.com/news/local-ne...missing-3-year-old-in-onslow-county/662840953

JACKSONVILLE, Onslow County - The search for the missing 3-year-old girl from Onslow County has passed the 24-hour mark.

3-year-old Mariah Woods was reported missing around 6:00 a.m. yesterday morning, Sheriff Hans Miller confirmed.

Mariah was last seen the night before, on November 26, when her mother put her to bed. An Amber Alert was issued later in the evening, hours after the little girl was reported missing.

The 24-hour mark brings a big significance to the investigation, as the first 48 hours following a child's disappearance are most critical for finding and returning that child home safely.

The Latest

Law enforcement officials are confirming that federal agents are going house to house and searching all abandoned cars. Officials said their area of focus is the land behind the line of houses where she went missing, which is marine property.

The Sheriff's dept not asking for assistance from civilians right now and K-9 units were going down both directions of Dawson Cabin Road as of 10:27 a.m.

K-9 units arrived on the scene at 10:00 a.m.

As of 9:30 a.m. this morning, FBI, NCIS, Onslow Sheriff's Department, and military police are on the scene continuing the search for Mariah Woods.

Mariah's mother, Kristy Hunter, posted this message on her Facebook page:

"I am sitting here can't sleep just thinking of m my babygirl, mommy loves you praying your safe and i will see you and your beatuiful smile. Plz everyone pray thank you for everyone who has helped today it shared her pics."

The military police had a mobile command unit set up yesterday, officials confirmed. As our reporters arrived on scene today, officials were setting it up again.

Crime tape still surrounds the house.

Has it been verified that they were gone for the weekend?
I hate to think they drove a long distance to get rid of her.
People are learning from other cases "no body, no charges".

How horrific! No mention of arrests, names of any kind, no information whatsoever, except a five year old was raped, assaulted and killed? I can't find out any other information. Have they just swept this under the rug, or do they know who did it? This just happened last week, as well! :gaah:

I noticed under the photo of the house it says "[FONT=&amp]Pictured is the home where police say a 5-year-old child was assaulted in Pender County"

[/FONT]
So I guess it was likely a relative or someone they know that assaulted her inside the home. I could be wrong but that is my assumption. I don't think it's related to this case.

Hello. I'm usually lurking, this is my first post. I came here because of the Delphi girls.
I used to live on Lejeune, and I know this area well. I used to, anyway. It's been years.
I even lived right off 17 for a time.

Was the Amber Alert not sent to phones because there was no vehicle involved?

:welcome:

Good to have you here.

It appears that some people got it locally, while others did not. I'm not sure why or what the criteria was.

Just saw this. I don't have a ton of time to keep up but I'm praying they find this little one.

What are everyone's thoughts on this so far? I'm always so cynical when a child disappears from their bed, of course it can happen (Elizabeth Smart), it just seems unlikely.

Just saw this. I don't have a ton of time to keep up but I'm praying they find this little one.

What are everyone's thoughts on this so far? I'm always so cynical when a child disappears from their bed, of course it can happen (Elizabeth Smart), it just seems unlikely.

Very unlikely, imo. Elizabeth Smart, Polly Klass type cases are rare-er than in home tragedies. But from what I'm seeing, I'm sitting on my hands about the BF... waiting for more.

I ran across this article and googled the counties they are right next to each other only under an hour from each other I wonder if the person that has a play in Mariah's case has a play in this one as well. http://wncn.com/2017/11/21/neighbor...old-nc-girl-dies-after-being-strangled-raped/

I started a thread on this crime but unfortunately no news or information has been released to the public and many people are very upset over this. Total silence from LE.

Could she have removed her own clothes? My son used to. I think he would get warm. He was young so I am not sure of his thinking.

What about the BF? I have not seen anything on him I guess. Sorry, not trying to be a pain. Just trying to get up to speed!

Someone on that FB page is suspicious because the mother is referring to Mariah "was" not "is". That is not suspicious behavior in and of itself. I think that happens quite often.

What about the BF? I have not seen anything on him I guess. Sorry, not trying to be a pain. Just trying to get up to speed!

Many things on SM, local rumor. Nothing I can go into here so I'm hand sitting meantime :)

Who reported that they went away for the weekend? Did they go to Kentucky?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member