Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand the speculation that a child said to be in underpants (potty trained) is questionable just because the child is 3. I have 5 kids and every one is different so I understand other kids being vastly different as well, but all of mine have been fully potty trained well before 3 years old. It doesn’t sound like Mariah had any developmental disabilities, just an orthopedic issue with her legs and especially for a girl child, being fully potty trained at this age is not abnormal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jessica Lunsford also lived in a trailer park and so did little Sandra Cantu. I am sure there have been others as well.
Haleigh Cummings. Gosh this reminds me of her. And I am another web sleuther from nearby this case.... Hillsborough NC here.

Mom was in a custody dispute with dad. Child goes missing. And the first thing she does not do is call the father to see if he has the child? Or to even have law enforcement go question the father. Because according to dad he heard about this not from the police but from an Amber alert.

Yeah. Not buying it. She knows where that baby is.

I agree. Mom knows something.

I know exactly what I think happened in this case, so I am sitting on my hands. I hope I am wrong and little Mariah is found alive!

I think it's important too to remember that not all live in boyfriends or step dads are awful. We see so many cases where they are that sometimes it's hard to remember that there ARE wonderful, fantastic step dads in the world. Both of my girls were abused by their bio. My husband (their step dad) is amazing. He would NEVER harm a hair on their heads (in fact, he's the more lenient parent between us, so they go to him if they want to hear "yes"!) They don't call him by his name, they call him Dad. And for all intents and purposes, he IS dad. He takes them to doctor appointments. He deals with late night blood sugar checks when I'm too exhausted to move. He goes to sporting events and school programs and takes them to school on his days off. And I know he isn't the only one-- so shout out to all the step dads out there who AREN'T terrible people. JMO, of course.

You're right. And I should be the first to know. One of my brothers has a step kid who is his daughter for all intents and purposes, just like with you. He does everything for her. He's been with her since age 3. She's 18 now. She has him wrapped around her finger. When she was little she would wake him up in the middle of the night- not mom- to make him get up and get her snacks or water because it was too scary to go down the hall alone. She knew he would do it for her.

She was very spoiled by him. (But she's a doll. Not a brat). But you can't say one word about her that isn't perfect. I noticed some issues with focus when she was little. He became so defensive and wouldn't hear of it. Later she was diagnosed with ADHD. But he still won't accept that.

She had surgery recently. I thought that might bring her bio dad out of the wood work. Her bio dad had moved out of state and basically abandoned her which wasn't totally a bad thing because his wife was emotionally abusive. But he still acted at times like he had rights. I thought at the least he would be there for his kid. Nope. Instead it was my brother. Ashen faced and looking like death as she was under.

So I do know all aren't bad.

It's just a risk I don't think people should take. Also, in the case of my brother, he and his wife are both social workers who worked in foster care (department) together. So full background checks, etc. So at least my sister in law knew that much before introducing her child to him.

How could a 3 yr old with who needs leg braces to walk remove her clothes and escape in a small trailer in the dark of night with no one hearing something?

me to I have been absent for a while but this stirred up my feelings about the Anthony case.Hope my gut is so wrong.

How could a 3 yr old with who needs leg braces to walk remove her clothes and escape in a small trailer in the dark of night with no one hearing something?

I've been wondering this from day one :thinking: ....poor baby, hoping she is found soon no matter what the outcome is :please: :praying:

Let me preface my reply by saying I in no way think that’s what happened.
Depending on her diagnosis it’s not impossible. My son is 2.5 and he can walk unassisted for a few handfuls of steps. Then he drops down to crawling. But he can pull to stand and can easily open doors. He’s in a “light switch” phase and I frequently find him having pushed a step stool in one of the bathrooms just to flip the switches over and over. He can crawl as fast as his sisters can run and mobility is no problem. Just walking for extended periods is uncomfortable.

Another one that hurt - Jenise Wright

Some days more than others I am very grateful that this site doesn't allow the posting of rumors or unverified 'facts'. Today is one of those extra grateful days.

Some days more than others I am very grateful that this site doesn't allow the posting of rumors or unverified 'facts'. Today is one of those extra grateful days.

Oh God. I don't even want to know.

Thank you for saying that. Long ago before becoming a mod I followed many cases that had rumors running amock. We all sleuth social media and check out the rumors including myself, but posting them here is just not fair to the victims in so many cases. We just don't have all the facts. That's why we are a victim friendly forum and I personally always try to put myself in their shoes before I pass judgement.

Small detail, but what alarmed me was seeing the mother wearing make-up.

Oh my gosh. Such a smart thing to notice. I never would've noticed and you're right. That's disturbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper