Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never put my 3 year old to bed at 6pm. We were having dinner and then it was bath time, stories etc. I am questioning the 6pm bedtime.

I think there could be perfectly valid explanations as to why Mariah was put in bed at 6pm. Was that her normal bedtime? Did she have to get up early the next day? Had she been or was she getting sick? Did she miss her nap?

Without more information, I am not comfortable judging the mom for this decision without all the facts.

So, she slept for 6 hours and woke up around midnight and boyfriend told her to go "back to bed" Maybe she just got up again and left? I dont know how far she could go without the braces....

I suppose it is possible. Thinking about it, though, would a three year old bother to close the door after her? None of the reports mentioned that the door was left open. I think she would have been found within a few hundred feet of the home if that had happened. LE have missed children before when they've searched, but if she wandered off, then that gives sniffer dogs a good chance of finding the scent and following a trail. A barefoot, almost naked, 3 year old with walking problems in the middle of the night at the end of November...surely she would have been found by now?

I so hope she will be found soon.

One of my children went to bed at 6pm every night until she was five. She would have gone to bed even earlier, but I would play with her until she got fractious from tiredness. She was a very early waker. My other child would stay up all night if you let her and sleep in late. Mind you, the night owl was put to bed long before 9pm.

On HLN Ashley Banfield a reporter Merrilee Moore from WCTI said they are searching a pond.

Inexplicably, Ms. Moore posted no followup on her Twitter, WCTI's Twitter, or the WCTI website. Her last post was 8 hours ago about the press conference today. She appears to be off duty at the moment.

Why she told Ashleigh Banfield that LE was searching a pond tonight is unknown. There has been nothing posted by LE or any msm outlet about it and all I can figure is Ms. Moore was misinformed by a source and didn't do her due diligence in vetting her information. I doubt that only she would be privvy to an LE search while the other news stations were kept in the dark.

So until we hear from LE that they are searching a pond whatever Ashleigh Banfield and WCTI reporter Merrilee Moore says should be taken with a giant grain of salt. If this was a bogus lead then shame on both of them. Terrible journalism.

https://www.facebook.com/AshleighBanfield/
https://twitter.com/mmooreofficial?lang=en
https://twitter.com/wcti12
https://www.facebook.com/onslowsheriff/

Earl Kimrey, the mother’s live-in boyfriend, was the last person to see the child alive, other news reports also alleged, but authorities would not confirm who last saw the child, calling it an “investigative detail.” CrimeOnline reported: Mariah’s “mother, Kristy Kay Hunter, put her to bed inside their Jacksonville home at 2404 Dawson Cabin Road. At around midnight, Hunter’s live-boyfriend, Earl Kimrey, checked on the toddler and told Hunter to ‘go back to bed.’
http://heavy.com/news/2017/11/earl-kimrey-kristy-woods-mariah-boyfriend-jacksonville/

Confused. Mariah woke up at midnight. Both Mom and BF checked on her, then BF told Mom to go back to bed? Then what? Did he go soothe her back to sleep, then went back to bed himself?

One of my children went to bed at 6pm every night until she was five. She would have gone to bed even earlier, but I would play with her until she got fractious from tiredness. She was a very early waker. My other child would stay up all night if you let her and sleep in late. Mind you, the night owl was put to bed long before 9pm.

Years ago, but when my brothers and I were that age we were in bed at 6 pm, my mom was a stay-at home also. I can imagine she was exhausted by 6. We generally slept through the night, waking up around 6 am, maybe 7.

the verbal statement in the video says 9PM.
Earlier media reports said the mom put her to bed at about 9pm and then checked on her around 11pm, and then around midnight the boyfriend got up to tell Mariah to go back to bed.

So 6pm could be a typo, or maybe she either usually was put to bed at 6 to 7pm, or perhaps she was extra tired and so she went to bed early, and instead of the mom being woken up at 4 or 5 am, she slept right through until 6 and discovered her daughter missing.

Or maybe the times aren't really accurate?

IIRC Lisa Irwin was also put to bed at 6PM. I never put my baby to bed at 6PM, regardless of age.

I never put my 3 year old to bed at 6pm. We were having dinner and then it was bath time, stories etc. I am questioning the 6pm bedtime.

You have a point with that as well.

IMO when kids' families split apart it is traumatic for them. The focus should be on tbe kids for both parents. When a new mate is introduced and possibly step kids or new siblings eventually, this can rock their worlds. They didn't choose to have their family destroyed and they did t choose to have a new family created. The parent did. So the kids are forced to accept people they may not like or want. I think that's problematic. At the least, their needs should take precedence over the parents. They are vulnerable and incapable of protecting themselves or making their feelings known in a rational way.

Aside from that, there are step moms who kill their step kids - Zahra Baker was a victim. Kyron Horman. And many others whose world becomes abusive once "new mommy" steps in the picture.

But the fact is, while it occasionally occurs with women, it is a phenomena with men that has biological roots. In the animal kingdom, males will often kill the young of their new mate so they can impregnate her with their own semen and have resources dedicated to only their own offspring.

The fact is that research shows children are at a higher risk of maltreatment when they live with a male partner of their mother and the male partner is not their biological father: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2845296/

So moms need to be especially cautious. More so than dad's.

Nope. People are just supposed to put their damn kids first once in awhile. Why is the parent's desire for companionship more important than the child's right to not be molested or beaten to death or even just uprooted and maybe treated unfairly?

We are talking about risk. Some people feel that if they know a person well enough and long enough and feel their kids can cope with all that upheaval, they can introduce a significant other to their kids after a time. Some don't think the risk is worth it. I mean people get fooled all the time by a potential or actual mate. Some don't feel it's worth it to involve kids in that.

But why does it have to be so dramatic? Why can't people date and have a social life that doesn't involve moving a new person into their home? Or not leaving a vulnerable child alone with the new deadbeat? Or maybe not moving in a guy with a criminal record or a drug problem or a tendency to commit domestic violence? Or how about not letting the new mate "discipline" your kids?

I mean those might be some good guidelines.

We see far to many cases with outcomes like this. Kids are at higher risk of abuse in homes with mama's new man. That may not be comfortable for us to hear but it is fact.

Statically mothers kill their children far more often than fathers, should we give custody to fathers only in divorces?

Reference the Child Maltreatment book I posted earlier
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...unty-27-November-2017&p=13777774#post13777774u

when I read the article linked by poster above I saw a couple of things I thought interesting:

Although we cannot conclude that such risk is greater for children living with a social father than for those living with a single mother
and
At the very least, CPS should work with mothers to minimize the potential dangers of children’s exposure to unrelated men vis-à-vis child maltreatment, while also operating under the assumption that most unrelated men do not engage in child abuse or neglect.
bbm

In regards to the braces...if they are the traditional kind I am thinking of, I have not seen one photo of the little girl actually wearing the braces in any images where she is walking or playing?? I don’t doubt that she wears them, but kinda odd for them to say she doesn’t walk well without them and then never been seen in them.

Confused. Mariah woke up at midnight. Both Mom and BF checked on her, then BF told Mom to go back to bed? Then what? Did he go soothe her back to sleep, then went back to bed himself?

My nephew is six, but when he was a few years younger he had a habit of waking up all the time when we would visit after dinner and would come down the hallway to see what was going on...whoever was closest to him (his mom, dad, me, or my husband) would just scoop him up and take him back to his bedroom. It was almost a reflex at that point...we knew he didn't need anything, he just liked to see what was going on. He'd pretty much be asleep again by the time we carried him down the hall. I would hate to think what would have happened if he had ever gone missing and we had to explain who was the last to see him. I wonder if Mariah woke up often? I'd really like to hope the family has nothing to do with this.

not the case at all, but statistics show that children who LIVE with a man who is not their father are at greater risk of abuse or death. it's not right that the women have to modify their behavior bc of men's actions, but with children involved, it's better than leaving them at risk. Women can date of course. But introducing a man to the woman's child or cohabitating must be done carefully and with much caution. I'm a single mom and I subscribe to this lifestyle - not dating (for now) or living with a man. I have been in an abusive marriage and study psychopathy, narcissists, and sociopaths. One in 20 people are psychopaths, and men are more often psychopathic than women, so it's more like one in ten men is on the spectrum of psychopathy. And those who are single by mid-life are usually the ones who were not able to forge lasting relationships or who were divorced by women who caught them lying/cheating or who were alcoholic, gamblers or *advertiser censored*/sex addicts. Not a good pool to choose from.

Jinx!

Well my mom had 4 children when she married my step dad. He was a better dad than my bio dad. You can't paint all relationships with one brush.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

See below.

no one is grouping all relationships with step-parents together. It's playing the odds, and the odds are tipped against kids of live-in boyfriends.

Exactly. All of us know great step parents. Like my brother. I love watching YouTube videos of kids asking step parents to adopt them. But it's about risk and numbers.

Mothers kill infant babies, born when no one even knew they were pregnant or because of post natal depression. I am not sure that you can equate the two. Very often there is sexual abuse in men's murders of children, that is not there in women's murders of infants.

The Sheriff's dept has posted pictures on their FB page asking for help identifying a child. Can this be linked since it's the Sheriff's dept?

https://www.facebook.com/onslowsheriff/posts/1960410894223627

“Onslow County Sheriff’s Office
Investigative Services
717 Court Street ∙Jacksonville, NC 28540
(910) 989-4055 or (910) 989-4070

REQUEST FOR THE PUBLIC'S HELP:

The Onslow County Sheriff's Office in Jacksonville, North Carolina and the FBI are seeking assistance from the public to locate three-year-old Mariah Woods. Woods was reported missing from her home on Dawson Cabin Road in Jacksonville, North Carolina, on Monday, November 27, 2017. She was last seen during the evening hours on Sunday, November 26, 2017.

As a result from information provided by the community, law enforcement obtained an image of an adult and child that was taken on Monday morning, November 27th at approximately 9:30 am in the Wal-Mart in Morehead City, North Carolina. The Onslow County Sheriff’s Office and the FBI are attempting to determine whether the child depicted in this image is the missing three year old Mariah Woods. Therefore, we are requesting the public’s assistance in identifying the adult and the child depicted in this image.

No information is too small or insignificant when looking for a missing child. If you have any information to identify the adult and child in this image, please call the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office at 910-455-3113.

Crime Stoppers offers cash reward of up to $2,500 for information that is deemed of value or assistance to law enforcement. Information can also be anonymously texted via Text-A-Tip by typing TIP4CSJAX and your message to 274637 (CRIMES). Callers to Crime Stoppers may remain anonymous and never have to reveal their identity.”

112b476610f65da17d39865cb408fb40.jpg

In regards to the braces...if they are the traditional kind I am thinking of, I have not seen one photo of the little girl actually wearing the braces in any images where she is walking or playing?? I don’t doubt that she wears them, but kinda odd for them to say she doesn’t walk well without them.
There are not many photos where you see her lower legs.

:wagon: to Websleuths, Kemushi!! We're glad you've joined us!! :drumroll::drumroll:

In another picture the child is walking on her tiptoes.
https://www.facebook.com/onslowsheriff/posts/1960410894223627

“Onslow County Sheriff’s Office
Investigative Services
717 Court Street ∙Jacksonville, NC 28540
(910) 989-4055 or (910) 989-4070

REQUEST FOR THE PUBLIC'S HELP:

The Onslow County Sheriff's Office in Jacksonville, North Carolina and the FBI are seeking assistance from the public to locate three-year-old Mariah Woods. Woods was reported missing from her home on Dawson Cabin Road in Jacksonville, North Carolina, on Monday, November 27, 2017. She was last seen during the evening hours on Sunday, November 26, 2017.

As a result from information provided by the community, law enforcement obtained an image of an adult and child that was taken on Monday morning, November 27th at approximately 9:30 am in the Wal-Mart in Morehead City, North Carolina. The Onslow County Sheriff’s Office and the FBI are attempting to determine whether the child depicted in this image is the missing three year old Mariah Woods. Therefore, we are requesting the public’s assistance in identifying the adult and the child depicted in this image.

No information is too small or insignificant when looking for a missing child. If you have any information to identify the adult and child in this image, please call the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office at 910-455-3113.

Crime Stoppers offers cash reward of up to $2,500 for information that is deemed of value or assistance to law enforcement. Information can also be anonymously texted via Text-A-Tip by typing TIP4CSJAX and your message to 274637 (CRIMES). Callers to Crime Stoppers may remain anonymous and never have to reveal their identity.”

112b476610f65da17d39865cb408fb40.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member