Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a comment on the Sheriff’s post saying the woman in the photo is somebody’s friend and she has a daughter Mariah’s age. She wasnt posting her name for privacy reasons. This person has sent the info to the Sheriff’s Dept.

Once they find out who it is and verify the child isn't Mariah, hopefully they'll take the pic down so the poor woman in it doesn't keep getting harassed. I'd hate to think some poor lady could wake up tomorrow morning to 500 accusing Facebook messages...

I looked at a lot of pictures and Mariah seems to have the same nose but Mariah's top lip looks different than the child in walmart. Made me wonder if maybe the father was the same?

There is a comment on the Sheriff’s post saying the woman in the photo is somebody’s friend and she has a daughter Mariah’s age. She wasnt posting her name for privacy reasons. This person has sent the info to the Sheriff’s Dept.

are there other pictures?
i dont use Facebook anymore...so all the FB links, I have no idea what they are saying

I dont live in a mobile home, but I have visited with people who do. They are small, very little insulation, very little privacy with super thin walls. How on earth would that woman sneak into their home - know where to go - and take a child and the child not make any noise....and then sneak back out. how would she know who was in there, if they were awake or sleeping? obviously, mom and bf dont know this woman...SD would have shown them the pic first, IMO..."hey do you know this woman, could that be little mariah?" i do not believe at all that is mariah.

or i could just be totally wrong "/

I agree, and if the woman at Walmart has Mariah, why on earth would she take her for? Doesn't make sense to me anyway.

What a beautiful little girl, and don't have a good feeling about this case either. Just wondering if there were any child custody issues with little Mariah? Praying for a miracle.

Yes. The dad stated that CPS took her away from the mother and temporarily placed the child and her siblings in his care. But then the mom got her back. Probably satisfied her reunification plan, in my experience.

However, dad seems to have tried to keep the kids and was denied. He also states he was granted weekend visitation but hasn't seen the kids in a year because the mother won't let him and he lacks the funds to get an attorney to try to go back to court for help.

He and his new wife were weeping during an interview, tears rolling and snot everywhere, talking about the baby in he past tense and saying they knew something like this was going to happen but no one listened.

Given that, don't you think it would make sense that her first call would be to her ex? And that the police would start there, even before an amber alert?

Instead, he learned he daughter was missing from the news.

That tells me the mother knew exaclty what happened to her kid.

I guess it would be a matter of if that was Mariah's normal routine or not?

Exactly. And I assume tbe police asked that and they probably know by now.

I do not believe that kid's normal schedule was bed by 6. Early bedtimes are common with stable, middle class families who don't do drugs, like the bio dad is alleging they have an issue with. These people don't seem to match that demographic.

And please guys I know there are always exceptions. I'm just talking about about possibilities based on probabilities.

That little girl looks very relaxed and at ease with the adult who is holding her. Even if threatened, I think a child of that age would show fear or tenseness with someone she did not know. JMO

Not only that but the woman looks very relaxed as well, she's carrying a bunch of stuff in her hands and appears to be using her phone. Not tense and suspicious.

I am open, however, to the possibility that someone who knew the child decided to take her because they felt she was being abused or neglected. Lord that would be a miracle. The best case scenario. I pray that's what happened.

I dont live in a mobile home, but I have visited with people who do. They are small, very little insulation, very little privacy with super thin walls. How on earth would that woman sneak into their home - know where to go - and take a child and the child not make any noise....and then sneak back out. how would she know who was in there, if they were awake or sleeping? obviously, mom and bf dont know this woman...SD would have shown them the pic first, IMO..."hey do you know this woman, could that be little mariah?" i do not believe at all that is mariah.

or i could just be totally wrong "/

Unless they were passed out from drugs or alcohol. And are scared to say so.

Unfortunately, I'm thinking alcohol or maybe drugs could have been part of the reason...if the parents had been passed out to the point where they wouldn't have heard anything, it makes sense that they wouldn't want to tell police that. I'm just hoping if that's the case, that's all they're hiding.

Yes. The dad stated that CPS took her away from the mother and temporarily placed the child and her siblings in his care. But then the mom got her back. Probably satisfied her reunification plan, in my experience.

However, dad seems to have tried to keep the kids and was denied. He also states he was granted weekend visitation but hasn't seen the kids in a year because the mother won't let him and he lacks the funds to get an attorney to try to go back to court for help.

He and his new wife were weeping during an interview, tears rolling and snot everywhere, talking about the baby in he past tense and saying they knew something like this was going to happen but no one listened.

Given that, don't you think it would make sense that her first call would be to her ex? And that the police would start there, even before an amber alert?

I do not believe that kid's normal schedule was bed by 6. Early bedtimes are common with stable, middle class families who don't do drugs, like the bio dad is alleging they have an issue with. These people don't seem to match that demographic.

And please guys I know there are always exceptions. I'm just talking about about possibilities based on probabilities.

Not only that but the woman looks very relaxed as well, she's carrying a bunch of stuff in her hands and appears to be using her phone. Not tense and suspicious.

I am open, however, to the possibility that someone who knew the child decided to take her because they felt she was being abused or neglected. Lord that would be a miracle. The best case scenario. I pray that's what happened.

Thanks for the info. on the ex. Hmm, interesting for sure. And i agree with what you say and yes, perhaps mom does know more than she is saying right now? I just pray Mariah hasn't come to harm and she is found alive and okay with someone she knows, and who loves her, if there is any chance that could be the case?

Jessica Lundsford lived in a trailer park and was taken, raped and (I think) buried alive. The predator lived in the same trailer park. Wonder if this could be what happened to Mariah...Perhaps there is a sex offender in the park?

I think there could be perfectly valid explanations as to why Mariah was put in bed at 6pm. Was that her normal bedtime? Did she have to get up early the next day? Had she been or was she getting sick? Did she miss her nap?

Without more information, I am not comfortable judging the mom for this decision without all the facts.
I don’t get what there is to judge about a 6 pm bedtime or why it’s so incredible to so many people. My 3 year old often goes to bed at 6. Her bedtime is 7, usually, which is the latest that peds suggest kids go to bed to prevent all sorts of issues. If my kiddo has a long day she goes to bed at 6 because she needs a solid 11-12 hours a night (or more) and will not sleep in. It’s odd the bedtime has changed from 9-6, but I don’t find a 6 pm bedtime anything to judge. 9 for a three year old is apparently unhealthy, and I’d be more likely to wonder why she was up that late than the other way around...
ETA: I actually didn’t mean to quote you, Napoli, sorry. I can’t seem to make my wonky phone delete the quote. Apologies.

What is is the possibility dad or his girlfriend was responsible for the DSS complaint that got the children removed temporarily and that is why the mom cut him off?

What is is the possibility dad or his girlfriend was responsible for the DSS complaint that got the children removed temporarily and that is why the mom cut him off?

That's a good point, without knowing the entire story it's impossible to tell. I've handled exactly one child custody case as a lawyer. One. That was more than enough for me; the parents involved agreed on nothing and every single time we went to court there were more accusations on each end. I'm still not sure how those two ever managed to have a child together, definitely no love lost there.

I wonder how bad things are between Mariah's parents...is it possible an "abduction" was arranged just to keep her away from the dad? Or to get her away from the mother?

It is so sad when the children become caught in the middle of adult business. Not saying that is what is happening here, but they sure have been through a lot in their young lives for sure.

That's a good point, without knowing the entire story it's impossible to tell. I've handled exactly one child custody case as a lawyer. One. That was more than enough for me; the parents involved agreed on nothing and every single time we went to court there were more accusations on each end. I'm still not sure how those two ever managed to have a child together, definitely no love lost there.

I wonder how bad things are between Mariah's parents...is it possible an "abduction" was arranged just to keep her away from the dad? Or to get her away from the mother?
bbm

make-up sex maybe?

Keep waiting for some more news on this. It doesn't sound good but I'm praying for a miracle and sweet Mariah is found unharmed.

I have been out for the night with DH so I'm getting caught up again. Sad to see the Amber Alert still at the start of this thread title... that tells me all I need to know... :(

Posts regarding family social media and comments / rumor are off-limits and have been removed.

I'm completely surprised that I didn't get an alert on my phone! My heart is breaking for this precious darling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l