GUILTY NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #10 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As a contracted worker through Children's Division, I can provide you with 2 remedies that wouldn't heal all, but would certainly be a good start: more workers, therefore smaller caseloads, and higher pay. I have a Master's Degree and 10+ years experience in this field and make less than my cousin's son, who is a fast-food restaurant manager. This leads to a high turnover, and lesser quality of employees. Personally, I am now working in alternative care as a foster care case manager. I have 13 cases, one of them being a sibling group of 3 who live in 3 different foster homes (different dads). So, on top of the incredible amount of paperwork, documentation, court appearances, juvenile office hearings, supervised visitations, weekly staffing meetings, filing, authorization of foster placement's expenses (clothing allowances, etc.), family support team meetings (monthly), multidisciplinary team decision meetings, family finding, re-directing placements when current placements don't work out, hospital visits,coordinate parent aids, treatment plans, court reports, jail visits; I am also expected to visit the child in their foster home/current placement twice per month, visit bio mom and bio dad in their home once per month, and also establish some sort of a trusting relationship with my clients (the children). I'm here to tell you, even if I was to work 6am-9pm every day, I would still fall short. We just have to do the best that we can, with what we can, and work as a team. As overwhelmed as I am, I know that Children's Division Investigators and FCS (Family Centered Services) carry larger caseloads than we do. It is just insane. Then, every so often, when it's time for federal or state budget cuts, guess who usually comes first? Yup, Social Services. I'm not asking for a million dollars a year, but I can say that if my husband wasn't also employed full time, we would easily qualify for state assistance, and doing the meaningful and life-saving (or life-endangering) work that we do, that's not right. You are right that we do frequently hear about the bad case workers, the terrible outcomes of children dying when it could have been prevented (such as with Adrian Jones, and so many others). This needs to continue to happen, in my opinion, not to paint CD or CPS in a negative color, but to bring to light the issues that we face and what can happen when things aren't done right. These cases demand accountability. If there is indeed a problem, it needs to be examined and fixed, and the two suggestions that I provided are only a drop in a bucket of what needs to be done so that we can do our job and protect these children.

bbm
Sad to say, but where have we seen this before? SMH
I just wish we wouldn't hear about this type thing so often -- of course we never really hear the CPS side of it other than something like, "I guess [child's name] somehow fell through the cracks." There has got to be a remedy for this -- of course, we never hear about the horrors that could have been but were avoided by good management & followup. We just mainly hear about the horrible one after they do occur. <sigh>

As a contracted worker through Children's Division, I can provide you with 2 remedies that wouldn't heal all, but would certainly be a good start: more workers, therefore smaller caseloads, and higher pay. I have a Master's Degree and 10+ years experience in this field and make less than my cousin's son, who is a fast-food restaurant manager. This leads to a high turnover, and lesser quality of employees. Personally, I am now working in alternative care as a foster care case manager. I have 13 cases, one of them being a sibling group of 3 who live in 3 different foster homes (different dads). So, on top of the incredible amount of paperwork, documentation, court appearances, juvenile office hearings, supervised visitations, weekly staffing meetings, filing, authorization of foster placement's expenses (clothing allowances, etc.), family support team meetings (monthly), multidisciplinary team decision meetings, family finding, re-directing placements when current placements don't work out, hospital visits,coordinate parent aids, treatment plans, court reports, jail visits; I am also expected to visit the child in their foster home/current placement twice per month, visit bio mom and bio dad in their home once per month, and also establish some sort of a trusting relationship with my clients (the children). I'm here to tell you, even if I was to work 6am-9pm every day, I would still fall short. We just have to do the best that we can, with what we can, and work as a team. As overwhelmed as I am, I know that Children's Division Investigators and FCS (Family Centered Services) carry larger caseloads than we do. It is just insane. Then, every so often, when it's time for federal or state budget cuts, guess who usually comes first? Yup, Social Services. I'm not asking for a million dollars a year, but I can say that if my husband wasn't also employed full time, we would easily qualify for state assistance, and doing the meaningful and life-saving (or life-endangering) work that we do, that's not right. You are right that we do frequently hear about the bad case workers, the terrible outcomes of children dying when it could have been prevented (such as with Adrian Jones, and so many others). This needs to continue to happen, in my opinion, not to paint CD or CPS in a negative color, but to bring to light the issues that we face and what can happen when things aren't done right. These cases demand accountability. If there is indeed a problem, it needs to be examined and fixed, and the two suggestions that I provided are only a drop in a bucket of what needs to be done so that we can do our job and protect these children.

Good Lord....I became exhausted just reading your work load! Thank u for the job u do. I&#8217;m sure it&#8217;s a very thankless job but so very needed.

I have this as the next court date....

Monday, April 23rd:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ ET) - NC - Mariah Kay Woods (3) (Nov. 27, 2017) - Adolphus Earl Kimrey II (32) (BF of Mom) arrested (12/2/17) & indicted (1/23/18) with 1st degree murder, felonious child abuse inflicting serious bodily injury resulting in death & felony concealing a death, obstruction of justice, felony 2nd degree burglary, felony larceny & Misdemeanor possession of stolen property. Pled not guilty. Held on no bond. DA will seek the DP. The cause of death was chloroform toxicity.
Details of death sealed; search warrants & 911 call were unsealed Feb. 24, 2018.

As a contracted worker through Children's Division, I can provide you with 2 remedies that wouldn't heal all, but would certainly be a good start: more workers, therefore smaller caseloads, and higher pay..

The above respectfully snipped for saving space.

Thank you much, MSCJgrad, for your comments. I've heard similar comments from other CPS personnel -- and from our NC teachers who are burdened with similar problems. They and the public are told how very important their jobs are -- watching-out for young ones and their families, visiting, report-writing, caring for and teaching our precious children, and babies in the case of CPS and educators. Yet the legislators and others do not adequately fund these areas. The case-workers and teachers burn out, get discouraged, and/or find other jobs that pay better and take less hours and heartache. Not enuff money, not enuff support, and not enuff qualified persons to fill positions. Why is it that the money is just never there? How many teachers use their own money to buy crayons, paper, folders, rulers, etc., etc., and probably CPS workers buying clothing, diapers and formula for the children because their parents/caregivers either can't or won't do these things.

And the children are abused, sick, die, or don't study, quit school, get in trouble, etc., etc. Many good nannies and private schools are there to help babies or children, and many of theses children aren't abused or made to hate learning and school. But what about the ones who don't have this advantage? And then the public sees the results of some those who are abused or ignored and they scream about it for a while and are quiet until it happens again.

I guess we'll all just continue do the best we can and mourn such injustice because priorities and budgets are not the same as our own. Vocalize, take action, and appreciate those folks who are trying their best every day.

I haven't read all the more recent posts but are the boys still with their mother or did the dad get them back?

Monday, April 23rd:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ ET) - NC - Mariah Kay Woods (3) (Nov. 27, 2017) - Adolphus Earl Kimrey II (32) (BF of Mom) arrested (12/2/17) & indicted (1/23/18) with 1st degree murder, felonious child abuse inflicting serious bodily injury resulting in death & felony concealing a death, obstruction of justice, felony 2nd degree burglary, felony larceny & Misdemeanor possession of stolen property. Pled not guilty. Held on no bond. DA will seek the DP. The cause of death was chloroform toxicity.
Details of death sealed; search warrants & 911 call were unsealed Feb. 24, 2018.

I keep hoping to see the mother has been arrested. Unless she is making a deal in order to avoid prosecution, I can't imagine her not being charged.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I keep hoping to see the mother has been arrested. Unless she is making a deal in order to avoid prosecution, I can't imagine her not being charged.

Me too. It's difficult for me to accept that she's getting away with what she knew and did. How could a loving mother standby and let a monster lay hands on her precious children.

JMO but I still feel that charges will be coming for her very soon. It's not too late.

Me too. It's difficult for me to accept that she's getting away with what she knew and did. How could a loving mother standby and let a monster lay hands on her precious children.

JMO but I still feel that charges will be coming for her very soon. It's not too late.
It is totally eating me up that it looks like once again, the mother is given a free pass.

Court Calendars Home

Is this what you're looking for? If you search by name, the only thing that comes up for Kimrey is a court date on 6/12/18 for speeding.

Thank you the link foldingstars but it's another court site that doesn't work for me. I'm located outside the U.S. and too poor to buy VPN. So I have to rely on ALL you guys for your help in keeping my lists! LOL!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back