Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Video of search under the home of Mariah.
[video=youtube;Z67VmbMbTpc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z67VmbMbTpc[/video]

Not much to see but neighboring dogs are barking from the activity.

I find it very odd that the sheriff said he doesn't know where the parents are. Does it mean they are not in any way suspected by LE?

And shouldn't the parents always be around, helping with the search?

Also, if the parents are not present how will they be notified if little Mariah is found?

Or am I taking this all the wrong way, somehow.

:thinking:

All he had to say was "I can't comment on their location."

Apparently no one wrote that down on his notepad for him to read!

Surely they can check either, the relatives they visited or the place that they stayed on the Saturday night?

Video of search under the home of Mariah.
[video=youtube;Z67VmbMbTpc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z67VmbMbTpc[/video]

Not much to see but neighboring dogs are barking from the activity.

Hmmm, barking like they would have if a stranger had entered the trailer and snatched Mariah in the middle of the night?

Yep.

Authorities have found a body near area of Mariah Woods disappearance

Wednesday Nov 29, 2017 at 7:20 AM Nov 29, 2017 at 1:24 PM

By JDnews

Jacksonville - Latest update from on missing toddler:

Updated at 1:20 p.m.

Authorities have congregated around a body of water in the area Mariah Woods went missing.
Onslow County Emergency Services, Onslow County Sheriff's Office, an ambulance and Naval Criminal Investigative Services are searching Troubledson Creek along High Hill Road.

Update at 11 a.m.:

While law enforcement hasn’t released any updated information since about 8 a.m., there is additional activity surrounding the home where 3-year-old Mariah Woods was last seen.

An Onslow County Sheriff’s Office crime scene investigator wearing a hazmat suit crawled underneath Mariah’s home and the home next door, but nothing was brought out from underneath.

Two law endorsement officers then walked door to door knocking and talking to neighbors.

Around 11 a.m., OCSO opened up and checked underneath a third house two doors down from Mariah’s.

At this time we do not have information on what the OCSO is looking for.

____

Updated at 8 a.m.:

The Onslow County Sheriff’s Office confirmed this morning that they will soon be asking for the public’s help searching for missing 3-year-old Mariah Woods.

It’s now been more than 48 hours since Mariah was reported missing when her mother, Kristy Woods, said she wasn’t in her bed Monday morning and an Amber Alert went out.

Onslow Sheriff Hans Miller was asked at a press conference Tuesday afternoon if people would be able to conduct searches to help and at that time no options were available other than feeding and caffeinating the law enforcement officers, firemen, and military members who had boots on the ground or were flying helicopters searching for Mariah.

Wednesday morning, Miller confirmed that they’d soon be widening the search area and would be asking for people to help conduct those searches.

Miller said there were dogs on the way to help with the search, but would not elaborate on what kind of dogs.

“I don’t want to go there,” Miller said.

A press conference will be held again today, Miller said, the time and place of which is not yet known.

------------------------------

So strange that they would title the update page that way

My opinion, the person who write the title, which is very often not the same person who wrote the article, only skimmed the first line and saw that police "have congregated around a body" without realizing it refers to a body of water.

Just shoddy reporting, that's all.

I don't think they have found her.

No press conference tonight View attachment 127085

I'm a bit confused as to why he's asking for anyone who had contact with her immediate family on Sunday or Monday to come forward. If she was reported missing at 6:45 am, wouldn't law enforcement have been with the members of her immediate family almost all day on the 27th?

Unless they're seeking someone who saw them between midnight and 6:45 am?

I'm a bit confused as to why he's asking for anyone who had contact with her immediate family on Sunday or Monday to come forward. If she was reported missing at 6:45 am, wouldn't law enforcement have been with the members of her immediate family almost all day on the 27th?

Yes I assume Sunday into Monday morning until she was reported missing

Good point. And do we know if both mom and BF were home when Mariah was reported missing? If we don't know that, it is possible that the boyfriend had already left for work or something before Mom checks on Mariah and finds her missing. In a case like that, LE could be interested in anyone who sees him early that morning around the time she's reported missing.

Might have missed this but does family have military connection?

Good point. And do we know if both mom and BF were home when Mariah was reported missing? If we don't know that, it is possible that the boyfriend had already left for work or something before Mom checks on Mariah and finds her missing. In a case like that, LE could be interested in anyone who sees him early that morning around the time she's reported missing.

I think I remember reading that "they" called to report her missing. I assumed he was with her when the call was made.

Her mother, Kristy Woods, told WITN-TV in Greenville that she last saw Mariah about 11 p.m. Sunday when she checked on her. She said her boyfriend saw the child about midnight when she got up and he told her to go back to bed. Once they realized she was missing, the couple said they called authorities.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/father...h-woods-questions-story-of-her-disappearance/

Might have missed this but does family have military connection?

No. The Marine Corps Air station federal reserve (property) borders the mobile home park. That is why NCIS is involved. It’s a closed investigation. They won’t release anything until they have an airtight case. I am positive they are using encrypted frequencies to communicate. I provided that type of comms in the Army, and with two federal agencies involved it would be mandatory. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yea I think it's about the early morning hours of Monday. There was also a mention yesterday of a car leaving their house around midnight, though I don't know if that has ever been confirmed. I'm guessing they want to encourage that person (if there was a visitor) to come forward. jmo

AFAIR early reports said that mom and her live in bf called 911.

I thought he was asking so they could verify she was alive and well in the days before she was reported missing. I'm guessing they want other family members, friends to verify other than mom, boyfriend and brothers.

He is smart. He knows what the media is trying to do. They (media) want to find the parents so they can harass them and try to get Nancy Grace style sound bites. The media can't be trusted in these types of cases, they're not looking for truth or facts, they just want something juicy to whip up the hoards of people looking to blame someone. I'm sure he knows where the parents are but thankfully he won't feed them to the media sharks.

That is absolutely not true. The media want to have facts to report for a very hungry audience, like you and me. They trust the authorities to provide them with the right information, and it’s their job to ask questions. It’s also their job to investigate. If they didn’t, there would be complaints about that. It is also their job to try to get information from the parents.If a reporter had a sit-down with the mother tonight, that would be a good thing, not a bad thing. That would be a reporter doing their job. Sometimes people say no to interviews. Sometimes they say yes. Sometimes reporters follow them, asking questions. And if you notice, often when that happens, it’s warranted. those reporters are doing the best they can, so keep watching.

From the sheriff's dept. 29 minutes ago "We know many of you want to help and we are working on plans for a volunteer search. It will take a lot to organize, so please be patient. Team Adam from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children is here to assist." Is it me is is this taking a long time?

Wish one of the reporters had asked if the brothers were still with mom. Maybe they did and I missed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog