Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to those who are posting updates about the live feed. The video pauses every 3 seconds despite my having a good connection so I'm not able to watch. Please keep updating and again, thank you.

Not much more to update right now. A ton of cars on the Northbound side, and a short bit ago a bunch of LE crossed the Southbound lanes and went down the bank on that side.

There have been so many rumors swirling around in this case that I think even though we know they are just rumors it can still cloud our thinking. Once you hear it you can't forget the information.

I also am taking what the BIO dad states with a grain of salt. Unless you read the court records you cannot really know what is true or not. Is he the one that made the CPS report? If the court awarded weekend visitation to him, that does not take lawyers and alot of money to enforce. Has he been paying his child support if required to do so? If you are trying to see your children would you not make sure the mother had a current phone number to contact you. Has he mailed birthday cards, has he gone to school events to see his children participate? The video interview of him is heartbreaking and I am sure he is very worried and heartbroken about Mariah but I am not ready to believe all the abuse allegations just yet. He should voice every one of his concerns to LE, but going to media throwing it out there is not gonna help find Mariah.

Hopefully there will be answers today on what has happened to this precious girl.

Here's how it goes. Dad goes to pick up kids. They're not there. He calls mom. She doesn't answer. He calls the police. They say it's a "civil matter."

Dad tries again the next weekend. Mom is there but refuses to answer the door. Dad calls her and she says the kids are sick or don't want to see hik
or he's wrong about the order. Dad calls the police. They show up. Issue a custody violation report and refer him to court.

In my experience it is rare for the police to get involved andforce a parent to hand over a child. The only thing a parent can do is go back to court and either file a motion for contempt, which is complex, or for sanctions, also complex and hard to collect even if awarded, or for a change in custody. Which is hard to get and takes a while to go through.

All of these measures involve taking time off work to go to the court, find the paperwork, and file it. Then try to get it served. Then they have to take off what typically amount to multiple days at various hearings.

A person struggling to survive financially can't afford that. They certainly can't afford a lawyer to help them.

Orders can be impossible to enforce without adequate resources.

I'm terribly sorry I have been tied up at the office with insurance audits. Can someone tell me when the next presser is?

Just reported on live feed that presser would be at 3:30 this afternoon. EST

Just heard news conference scheduled for 3:30pm today

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

NOOOO!!! Is this new information? I've been away for a few days. *runs over to Sherin's thread*

:anguish:

Tiny Sherin Mathews had 5 LARGE broken bones in 15 months.
(Femur, tibia, elbow and upper arms.)
CPS investigated but couldn't determine which parent was abusing her. So nothing was done.
Now she's dead.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ews-3-Richardson-7-Oct-2017-*Arrests*-8/page4

I don't have the answers but I'm certainly tired of the failures of our system...
Both removing kids who are safe and not removing kids that are in danger.
Convicting innocent people and letting guilty ones get away with murder. :tantrum:

There are a number of LE/former LE and attorneys here as members.
There are also members who have been here forever, followed a zillion cases and even went to court proceedings in person. I would not call everyone amateur buffs as WS has helped in cases before.

Thanks - 17 years as a former federal agent here. My heart goes out on this one - I came out of foster care and was lucky enough to be adopted by a female LEO (Sheriff) and retired military LEO husband. They had patience as apparently, I screamed if anyone tried to touch or hold me. I was very very lucky.

I'm glad for this live feed but it would be great if we had a helicopter up there.

Does anyone know or think any drain systems might go into that creek? I was wondering if those sci-fi objects might have been to measure underground water movement?

Does anyone know or think any drain systems might go into that creek? I was wondering if those sci-fi objects might have been to measure underground water movement?

The white globe type objects are scanners that take pictures. The FBI provided them to take pictures of the property.

Here's how it goes. Dad goes to pick up kids. They're not there. He calls mom. She doesn't answer. He calls the police. They say it's a "civil matter."

Dad tries again the next weekend. Mom is there but refuses to answer the door. Dad calls her and she says the kids are sick or don't want to see hik
or he's wrong about the order. Dad calls the police. They show up. Issue a custody violation report and refer him to court.

In my experience it is rare for the police to get involved andforce a parent to hand over a child. The only thing a parent can do is go back to court and either file a motion for contempt, which is complex, or for sanctions, also complex and hard to collect even if awarded, or for a change in custody. Which is hard to get and takes a while to go through.

All of these measures involve taking time off work to go to the court, find the paperwork, and file it. Then try to get it served. Then they have to take off what typically amount to multiple days at various hearings.

A person struggling to survive financially can't afford that. They certainly can't afford a lawyer to help them.

Orders can be impossible to enforce without adequate resources.
Oh I know it can be very complicated and different states may handle it differently. My BIL simply calls police shows court order and they stand by while he picks up and returns children on his scheduled visits when she makes it difficult. He filed himself something with the court that cost him 35 dollars he said claiming she was in violation of visitation court order and the courts took it from there.

I in no way think the father has anything to do with Mariah missing, my point was I think it is poor judgement to putting out there abuse allegations, withholding visitiation allegations and people are taking it as one hundred percent truth. We have seen it time and time again parents sling mud at each other taking focus off the missing child.

Things don't add up with mom and boyfriend story, I just don't know if it is because so many rumors and poor reporting is clouding my view or if they are guilty of harming Mariah.

OMG like Sherin Matthews.

I'm with you. I'm afraid what happened to Mariah is more sinister than what we have imagined. :(
I think she has been “missing” long before it was reported. Very curious if LE interviewed the brothers. The mom and BF could have told the brothers Mariah was with bio Dad. They are certainly old enough to notice her absence. I wonder if what they revealed is what changed the investigation. The Odd PC, etc. LE knows. I really wish we knew from neighbors or relatives when Mariah was truly last seen. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo