Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there any discussion about Mariah being abducted at this point? I agree, hard to speculate what one would say in a horrific experience such as this, but the thought of her wandering off on her own, given her walking difficulties would be the farthest from my mind. If so, I would think the proximity would be very close. On the other hand, if abduction were suspected, a plea to whoever who had taken her might be in order. JMO

I think the thing that sticks out to me the most, the thing I keep coming back to in my head, is when the mom said, "She could be anywhere."

I KNOW frantic people say things that don't always make sense, but I keep coming back to it.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wr...-alert-in-onslow-county/17144227/?version=amp

Was there any discussion about Mariah being abducted at this point? I agree, hard to speculate what one would say in a horrific experience such as this, but the thought of her wandering off on her own, given her walking difficulties would be the farthest from my mind. If so, I would think the proximity would be very close. On the other hand, if abduction were suspected, a plea to whoever who had taken her might be in order. JMO

Yes. Abduction has been mentioned. In addition, the back door was unlocked. There are also RSOs in the area.

The very first news notification of the Amber Alert mentions abduction. It also mentioned the boyfriend, so LE was told that upfront! (we really need to get back on track here.)

http://www.wyff4.com/article/3-year-old-abducted-amber-alert-issued/13938067

The sherif’s office was never even told that Alex Woods was her father. That’s per the audio interview with Alex Woods.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'll believe that when LE states it. In addition, it has been stated previously that bio dad had a new phone number.

I think that at first, the additional resources were called in because the trailer park property backs up to MCAS (Marine Corps Air Station) property. There may be security issues that required cleared federal personnel.

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to quote myself, but here is a map with the area of Mariah’s home in the yellow area. Most of the rest of the visible area is Federal land
6ab46ec51cc5d714afbd04a8050e7bfd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would it be okay to question the Bio dad's credibility but not the bio mother?

I guess if we want to get technical, no one has officially been named a suspect, correct?...so by Websleuths TOS, mom, boyfriend, dad, girlfriend are all equally "victims"

Mariah is a victim. I have my own thoughts about various other things....

Seems to be a bit of "I don't believe him, how dare you not believe her".

You just gave me a memory. When my sister in law was missing and presumed dead along with a bunch of others in a fire, all of us at the family assistance center stood up and gave the mayor a standing ovation at one point after one of her many daily updates. She grimly smiled, raised her hand as if to speak and rushed from the room, overcome.

She and LE and the fire department had been intensely criticized for their handling of the tragedy. But we who were waiting for notification knew they worked round the clock, knew the scene of the tragedy intimately, were giving us constant updates and constant warm support, spending time talking to everyone individually, holding our hands, praying with us, hugging us, making sure we had food or phones, handling our issues about names (some victims were trans for example) and publicity, etc., and doing it all on ZERO sleep. For days.

No one knows the hell they endure.

BBM- been thinking about that since I heard it earlier today. If she really did cover up for her bf abusing the son, what else would she be willing cover up for him?

From the Nancy Grace phone interview that was linked earlier, the bio father said that LE didn't know about him until he heard the Amber Alert and reached out to THEM. So according to him, the mother either had not mentioned at that point that the step father was not the bio dad, or that the bio dad lived relatively close to the area, or it hadn't come up/been asked about by LE.
Exactly it stinks to high heaven. Makes me very suspicious.

How do you know the Mother did not mention the bio dad to LE?

I didn't claim to know....I restated what the father said which is that he contacted LE after the Amber Alert, not the other way around. Don't know if that's credible, much the same as how I don't know if anything said by any of the adults in Mariah's life are credible. JMO

Thanks so much for this info! I wonder if local LE called them in for support due to the scale of the investigation?

I'm sure they did. It's a rural area and they don't have nearly enough resources to do an investigation of this nature. Also, as someone else stated, the fact that much of the search is actually on a military base probably also comes into play.

You just gave me a memory. When my sister in law was missing and presumed dead along with a bunch of others in a fire, all of us at the family assistance center stood up and gave the mayor a standing ovation at one point after one of her many daily updates. She grimly smiled, raised her hand as if to speak and rushed from the room, overcome.

She and LE and the fire department had been intensely criticized for their handling of the tragedy. But we who were waiting for notification knew they worked round the clock, knew the scene of the tragedy intimately, were giving us constant updates and constant warm support, spending time talking to everyone individually, holding our hands, praying with us, hugging us, making sure we had food or phones, handling our issues about names (some victims were trans for example) and publicity, etc., and doing it all on ZERO sleep. For days.

BBM- been thinking about that since I heard it earlier today. If she really did cover up for her bf abusing the son, what else would she be willing cover up for him?

From the Nancy Grace phone interview that was linked earlier, the bio father said that LE didn't know about him until he heard the Amber Alert and reached out to THEM. So according to him, the mother either had not mentioned at that point that the step father was not the bio dad, or that the bio dad lived relatively close to the area, or it hadn't come up/been asked about by LE.

I found the bio father believable -- not the mother.

Just my humble opinion, of course.

Mho too.

I saw a news report that I linked earlier in the thread which stated that it was believed she may have been spotted 40 miles away, but the sighting was deemed unfounded. So at least early on the possibility of abduction was being reported by MSM.

I was pretty sure that the first I heard here in TN, this was being called an abduction. As a parent, I would instinctively think someone had taken her (unless she had a habit of sleep walking or wandering out by herself). I also know where the nearest RSOs live and am still amazed by people leaving doors unlocked. I probably border on paranoia, but my poor husband is constantly getting locked out, day or night.

Yes. Abduction has been mentioned. In addition, the back door was unlocked. There are also RSOs in the area.

I don't believe anything the bio dad stated.

In addition, I can't believe this thread has gotten so out of control that Susan Smith is constantly mentioned.

As far as I know right now, Mariah and her mother are the main victims.

Why? He's forthcoming and she's not. Nothing from her the last two days?!? She knows what happened.

How do you know the Mother did not mention the bio dad to LE?
It's in the Nancy Grace interview.

I personally do not consider a boyfriend and a girlfriend to be a victim. But I definitely consider the custodial parent to be a victim. Have you not seen the photos of the little girl; she was obviously treated like a princess. The custodial mother also took on the work required with the braces for the little girl.

I don't believe anything the bio dad stated.

In addition, I can't believe this thread has gotten so out of control that Susan Smith is constantly mentioned.

As far as I know right now, Mariah and her mother are the main victims.

Why was the bio Dad and his fiance been cleared by LE and the mother has not. I am not saying she is guilty but since the bio dad has been cleared officially then I believe what is coming out of his mouth. JMO

Speculating here but I wonder if it is possible that the boyfriend was assumed to be the "father" at first by LE. If police show up on scene and there are two adults there, the assumption could have been that they were the "parents" (plural). Maybe he was even referred to as "dad" or "daddy" by the children. It could explain (reaching here) why the bio dad wasn't notified. Maybe the fact that the bf wasn't the father wasn't volunteered at first. As soon as this came to light, they contacted him. (maybe?)

But shouldn’t MOM have thought of bio dad immediately due to their ongoing custody issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo