Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be bold and say at this point I find her more suspect than the bf. That could change if we ever hear from him. IMO

I agree...the bf has been silent so it's harder to get a read on him, but I think they're probably in this together. If so, I wonder which one will crack under pressure first.

Summary of the NG podcast interview with father:
- Kristy didn’t contact him
- He contacted LE after the AA
- LE told him they weren’t informed about him (meaning her dad)
- Live in BF has history of drugs and a temper
- Kristy tried covering up injury to son done by the BF... said he fell out of the bunk bed but was hit with belt by BF
- Mentioned speculation that there’s a witness who said someone left house around 3 AM carrying something
- Said Kristy’s dad said “this” isn’t want happened. Assume this means abduction.

So other things mentioned as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm aware some of this might only be the father's opinion or interpretation and not necessarily fact, but WOW, what he said about the bf made my heart sink.

Here is info on the FBI CARD team which deals with missing and abducted children. FBI must be “called in” by local PD but do generally respond to most children “of tender years” which they deem 12 or younger. https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/investigating-child-abductions1 https://www.fbi.gov/about/faqs/if-a...-is-known-will-the-fbi-begin-an-investigation

Thanks so much for this info! I wonder if local LE called them in for support due to the scale of the investigation?

Speculating here but I wonder if it is possible that the boyfriend was assumed to be the "father" at first by LE. If police show up on scene and there are two adults there, the assumption could have been that they were the "parents" (plural). Maybe he was even referred to as "dad" or "daddy" by the children. It could explain (reaching here) why the bio dad wasn't notified. Maybe the fact that the bf wasn't the father wasn't volunteered at first. As soon as this came to light, they contacted him. (maybe?)

Your right, but if only person is charged then there are still legal problems. All kids deserve a chance and stability and these kids have been put through the ringer.
Why do you say "these kids have been put through the ringer?"

I've had the Susan Smith case on my mind all day. Do you remember how long it took her to make a confession? Also, it seems that in cases of abduction, the mother is front and center, pleading for her child to come home. This case is glaringly different in that way. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The Susan Smith speech was the first thing I thought of when seeing Mariah's Mom's "emotional plea." This was before I ever started following this case. I am appalled that many others have referenced the case involving Susan Smith. Great minds think alike?

I agree...the bf has been silent so it's harder to get a read on him, but I think they're probably in this together. If so, I wonder which one will crack under pressure first.

Mom seems like a talker. I was impressed with her being so open about her tubes being tied.
I try to be fair as we really don't know anything about her beyond the few pleas but she seems off and cold to me. IMO

Speculating here but I wonder if it is possible that the boyfriend was assumed to be the "father" at first by LE. If police show up on scene and there are two adults there, the assumption could have been that they were the "parents" (plural). Maybe he was even referred to as "dad" or "daddy" by the children. It could explain (reaching here) why the bio dad wasn't notified. Maybe the fact that the bf wasn't the father wasn't volunteered at first. As soon as this came to light, they contacted him. (maybe?)
Good point.

Thanks so much for this info! I wonder if local LE called them in for support due to the scale of the investigation?

I think that at first, the additional resources were called in because the trailer park property backs up to MCAS (Marine Corps Air Station) property. There may be security issues that required cleared federal personnel.

MOO

BBM
The biological father contacted LE after hearing the Amber Alert on the radio.

As others have pointed out, it's odd that the mother wouldn't immediately suspect and mention the bio dad possibly taking her since he lives not very far away and were having disagreements about custody. That is indeed odd to me. JMO

I didn’t see if this was posted yet but per WRAL the search is suspended for the night.

Summary of the NG podcast interview with father:
- Kristy didn’t contact him
- He contacted LE after the AA
- LE told him they weren’t informed about him (meaning her dad)
- Live in BF has history of drugs and a temper
- Kristy tried covering up injury to son done by the BF... said he fell out of the bunk bed but was hit with belt by BF
- Mentioned speculation that there’s a witness who said someone left house around 3 AM carrying something
- Said Kristy’s dad said “this” isn’t want happened. Assume this means abduction.

So other things mentioned as well.

I don't believe anything the bio dad stated.

In addition, I can't believe this thread has gotten so out of control that Susan Smith is constantly mentioned.

As far as I know right now, Mariah and her mother are the main victims.

BBM
The biological father contacted LE after hearing the Amber Alert on the radio.

As others have pointed out, it's odd that the mother wouldn't immediately suspect and mention the bio dad possibly taking her since he lives not very far away and were having disagreements about custody. That is indeed odd to me. JMO

How do you know the Mother did not mention the bio dad to LE?

I locked the keys in my car with my first child when he was a few months old. I was starting a new job that day and trading him off to my Nana for my shift. I called the local PD first and they told me they couldn’t help and for me to call AAA or a locksmith. I was shocked, it was summer in southern Virginia, but AAA got there very quickly. I’m glad your local LE will help with things like this.

We are in VA as well! Our Sheriff’s office will open the car and there is a local tow company that will open when a child is locked, free of charge. I want so so appreciative for this!

Is he the one that was behind her rubbing her back, not saying anything?

I found the bio father believable -- not the mother.

Just my humble opinion, of course.

I don't get how the sheriff didn't contact dad before the Amber Alert went out. Or paternal grandparents if they are around. Somebody.

The sherif’s office was never even told that Alex Woods was her father. That’s per the audio interview with Alex Woods.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'm going to be bold and say at this point I find her more suspect than the bf. That could change if we ever hear from him. IMO

I keep flip-flopping between the two and various other theories.

I think that at first, the additional resources were called in because the trailer park property backs up to MCAS (Marine Corps Air Station) property. There may be security issues that required cleared federal personnel.

MOO

I was thinking the FBI got involved due to the possibility of state lines being crossed.

I don't believe anything the bio dad stated.

In addition, I can't believe this thread has gotten so out of control that Susan Smith is constantly mentioned.

As far as I know right now, Mariah and her mother are the main victims.

Why would it be okay to question the Bio dad's credibility but not the bio mother?

I guess if we want to get technical, no one has officially been named a suspect, correct?...so by Websleuths TOS, mom, boyfriend, dad, girlfriend are all equally "victims"

Mariah is a victim. I have my own thoughts about various other things....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo