Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure is a busy hwy.

Yes, it is. US Hwy 17 is a major N-W interstate route from Florida to Maryland. It's an artery to Myrtle Beach, SC, and a lot of the NC beaches. Well-traveled at all times.

Is that yellow truck raising up big lights to shine down the hill? It seems like if their plan was to widen the search they would not be setting up like this for the night....I'm new here, btw.

The lights do seem to be for the searchers to continue their work. They may stay there and try to complete the search of that specific area if manpower allows this evening. They may widen the search areas tomorrow but probably need to finish searching in the grid areas they have already started.

The WRAL anchor is practicing his lines on the live feed. I wonder if he realizes he's streaming live?

During the Susan Smith investigation, I remember some (not saying here) thought the local sheriff was a little too laid back, too "Sheriff of Mayberry" and was in over his head. As it turned out, the sheriff saw through her, was patient and methodical and got the confession. I hope the sheriff in this case is as successful in bringing closure and justice. All MOO.
Yeah, I don't really care how great the sheriff is at public speaking. If he's doing everything he can to find Mariah when he's not on camera, I'm happy.

I didn't watch the presser. Yesterday's really frustrated me, and part of it was his speaking, but I don't hold it against him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Is that yellow truck raising up big lights to shine down the hill? It seems like if their plan was to widen the search they would not be setting up like this for the night....I'm new here, btw.

Agree. I really think they have found something. Otherwise they'd return tomorrow. IMHO

What in the world with this live feed?! I hate that I'm laughing, but this is too much with the reporter practicing his script etc.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Blabbering? Man. This is a tough room. I see nothing but professionalism from this man. I understood every single thing he said. He gives more patient explanations than most, understanding that the public has a lot of questions. E calmly explains hat he can't compromise the investigation.

This man seems to know what he's doing. I don't get the criticism.

Yup. They know what they're doing.

That's the way it struck me, too. He seems patient but professional & trying to give as much explanation and info as he feels he can.

My dog keeps running into my office thinking there's traffic outside.
Funny you should say that. I left the live feed running through my headphones which I wasn't wearing. Earlier I kept eyeing up my cat thinking she had a digestive disorder I had never heard before! I think it was the traffic or the helicopter.

there is crime scene tape from the bridge across to a tree? I'm not sure if this is the replay or live.

I had to LOL at him brushing his hair! I showed my husband too who also had a giggle.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The live feel on the WRAL FB page has gone to black. I assume it's because they are doing their 5pm news or something now.

:welcome:to Websleuth, RaineyDay!! We're glad you've joined us!!

:cheer::cheer:

I have been watching the feed on my tablet which I need to charge now. Can someone please post if it comes back up? Much appreciated!

During the Susan Smith investigation, I remember some (not saying here) thought the local sheriff was a little too laid back, too "Sheriff of Mayberry" and was in over his head. As it turned out, the sheriff saw through her, was patient and methodical and got the confession. I hope the sheriff in this case is as successful in bringing closure and justice. All MOO.
I've had the Susan Smith case on my mind all day. Do you remember how long it took her to make a confession? Also, it seems that in cases of abduction, the mother is front and center, pleading for her child to come home. This case is glaringly different in that way. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe by the time of the search, if they have found something, they would call it off.

But it kind of looks like that might have been a false alarm? No more live feed that I can find.

So he mispronounced her name and corrected himself twice and that's a problem? He knows who she is better than all of us. And he feels the weight of her disappearance more profoundly and personally than any of us ever could. This is his county, his citizen and his investigation.

And I didn't hear him laugh. I watched that video and specifically looked for some rude, dismissive or unprofessional utterance when people described that. But I didn't find anything like that. It was a very slight, subtle chuckle which appeared to be a mannerism of his in reaction to an uncomfortable question he didn't want to answer. Or as if to say, "Of course you are all going to hone in on the parents and want that info but you know we aren't going to give you much."

As to "chastising" the media, man. Have we become that soft as a nation? He wasn't condescending and he didn't tell them they were being jerks. He politely and patiently explained that he couldn't give out too much info otherwise he would compromise the investigation.

Maybe some prefer a curt "no comment" (although when that's all we get there's a lot of howling on here in these cases about what a waste the presser was), but he has a concerned public he's trying to address. I thought it was wise and good PR to actually explain why certain info couldn't be given out and asking that everyone respect the reason for that.

I have nothing but mad respect for these people doing one of the most intense and horrible jobs on earth. Every single case people bash LE for something but this seems like a very thorough and well run, cooperative and collaborative investigation.

IMO it's easy to be an armchair quarterback.

And as someone else said, please keep in mind that he (and many others) probably have had little to no sleep since Monday morning.

They all have my support and respect.

It's gone black here too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads