Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[h=1]Sheriff: Authorities find remains believed to be 3-year-old Mariah Woods
[/h] Authorities found remains Saturday evening they believe to be 3-year-old Mariah Woods, according to the Onslow County Sheriff.
Sheriff Hans Miller said investigators recovered a body around 5:30 p.m. Saturday along Shaw Highway in Pender County.
A positive confirmation of an identity will be made by the medical examiner's office.

http://www.wral.com/sheriff-authori...ieved-to-be-3-year-old-mariah-woods/17156154/

The bio dad tried to get custody but did not have the $ needed to move through the court system

what really needs to happen is that crimes against women and children need to be sentenced more severely than property crimes.
[QUOTE
=Wyle_E_Coyote;13790467]I followed that case, and know exactly what you mean. What he did to that baby... They called it the worst case of sexual trauma they had ever seen... And that was from a doctor who specialized in autopsies of murdered children.

60 years. With good behavior he won't serve anywhere near that. And with the plea deal he made, he won't have to register as a sex offender. 60 years is nowhere near enough.

To bring this back to Mariah, I strongly suspect SA, and I'm very concerned that they won't find her soon enough to prove SA. I want this to get the death penalty, or at least LWOP. I don't want to see a 60 year sentence where he will be paroled in 30 and be back on the streets to harm other children. [emoji35]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I respect your response but strongly disagree. The only reason -- the ONE and ONLY reason - this man had access to this little girl at all was because of her mother. A mother's number one job is to protect her children and this breeder did not do that.

You are so right! She has a lot to live with and think of what Mariah's brothers have been through. Sad!

I think this whole case turned yesterday after the sheriff announced he met with a family member for quite some time and said he wanted to bring Mariah home to “her.” I think this family member gave him enough info to make an arrest last night and info about a possible location where Mariah could be found. JMO

Yep, I caught that he said her in the live conference, no-one else seemed to think much of it.

sure, I get it, and I agree. but if he had been a non-violent person, Mariah wouldn't be dead.
I respect your response but strongly disagree. The only reason -- the ONE and ONLY reason - this man had access to this little girl at all was because of her mother. A mother's number one job is to protect her children and this breeder did not do that.

How did LE get this lead? Somebody did some talking. Who? Was Kimrey a hunter? If so, did he hunt here? Why this location? IPhone trace?

Copied from another site --

According to warrants, Kimrey is accused of breaking into a nearby abandoned home sometime after 11 p.m. On Nov. 26 taking out two dressers belonging to the property owner. The home in which Kimrey is accused of breaking into and removing items is an abandoned single family home with dense thickets of vegetation growing on all sides of its structure.

The front and back doors to the home were wide open Saturday morning and scene looking inside, seen from outside, appeared to be very disheveled with SOILED GARMENTS [emphasis added] strewn about the floor, broken furniture, loose papers and other reading material and tubs of unrecognizable matter covering every area of the home.

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171202/5-pm-update-this-is-now-homicide-investigation

I have to have faith in LE they know a lot more than I do and if they haven't charged the mother with anything then she is still considered a victim at this point.

what really needs to happen is that crimes against women and children need to be sentenced more severely than property crimes.
[QUOTE
=Wyle_E_Coyote;13790467]I followed that case, and know exactly what you mean. What he did to that baby... They called it the worst case of sexual trauma they had ever seen... And that was from a doctor who specialized in autopsies of murdered children.

60 years. With good behavior he won't serve anywhere near that. And with the plea deal he made, he won't have to register as a sex offender. 60 years is nowhere near enough.

To bring this back to Mariah, I strongly suspect SA, and I'm very concerned that they won't find her soon enough to prove SA. I want this to get the death penalty, or at least LWOP. I don't want to see a 60 year sentence where he will be paroled in 30 and be back on the streets to harm other children. [emoji35]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE]

Sorry but I gotta disagree here. No one is more important then any other person. I realize that is an unpopular opinion here but it is JMO.

Thank goodness LE has gotten to this point in less than a week. My heart goes out to the investigators who sorted through thousands of pounds of trash, and those who have been working tirelessly on the ground.

My theory yesterday holds up today for the most part: cadaver dogs hit on the vehicle and items were also found in the house that link Kimrey to her disappearance.

Interesting he’s not charged with murder if any sort. I suppose because they haven’t found her body.

What COULD happen: if this stretches out too long, he could be offered a plea deal for lesser charges if he leads them to the body.

I’m surprised there are no drug charges. There has to be paraphernalia at the very least in that home.

Now the question: was Mariah killed overnight Sunday into Monday (woman saw someone carrying something out of the home at 3 or 4am) or was she killed during the weekend outing we’ve been hearing about?

It could be that he got frustrated with her and hurt her earlier. Sometimes brain injuries cause a slow death. I'm not sure I believe him that he knew she was dead of unnatural causes and got rid of her little body. He left it open as to who hurt her. If she was injured earlier, does it make sense only he knew about it?

As for the charges, I suspect LE is waiting for the forensic report on the items they sent for processing. I think those items pointed to Mariah's death but they have to have confirmation. I think that is why they were searching in areas it was unlikely Mariah could have gotten to on her own.

My heart breaks for these poor children and what they have suffered with abusive men in their lives and mom's who cover for them against their children. Although we don't know the mom covered in this case, the dad alleges that she did in the previous CPS investigation. I'm sure she thought the bf loved her so much he would never hurt her kids. To me, it is common sense that if someone has a temper and a record, they are capable of doing things we can't imagine. Add drugs and/or alcohol into the mix and it can be explosive.

Sadly, this mom will not get the chance for a do over.

ETA: I too, have lost a child. My son died two years ago. I understand the guilt of not being able to save your child even though it was nothing you did or could have prevented. Guilt is horrific always thinking if only I had said this or done that. Just the loss of a child takes you to the deepest, darkest hell. It is a fight just to take the next breath. Sometimes I just wanted to never wake up so I wouldn't have to suffer anymore. It gets better, but time does not heal the loss of a child.

No matter the decisions of this mom, my heart breaks for her. She will never be able to wake from this nightmare.

They've done so well to find her. I feel she must have been put in something for her body not to have drifted from that location.

although I persoanlly agree with you about this, we also can't blame women for actions that men do. Sure, we as women should and do know better than to trust men who are not the bio fathers, (although some bio dads and some bio moms also are not safe for kids either), it is the man in this case who killed Mariah. Mariah did not die bc her mom lived with a bf - she died bc the bf killed her. It is hard not to blame women and victim-blame bc as a society we have been brainwashed to vilify women and hold them responsible for the actions of men, whether it is rape, abuse, incest, or murder. But the fact is, the only person guilty is the one who killed Mariah. If men did not abuse, rape, and kill children, women would not need to be so careful.
Personally, knowing that men pose a risk, I will not put my child at risk. But we can't blame women for men's violence.
I understand where you're coming from but I respectfully disagree when the mother is aware the boyfriend is violent. A father has a right to his kids until the rights are taken away but any other man is there with the parent's permission. This child didn't have to die. The blame lies with whoever killed her but if a parent knew and didn't protect her from a violent person, IMO the parent wasn't doing their job and is guilty of neglecting their responsibility. Parent's have a choice...the children dont..it's a dang shame. That said, we are all imperfect and I pray that anyone who failed to protect Mariah finds forgiveness and peace because punishment can't compare to the burden and loss that will be carried in the future. It looks like the court system failed the kids in this case too by allowing them back into that home.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I listened to the news conference... he stated there are no charges against the mom.

I think this whole case turned yesterday after the sheriff announced he met with a family member for quite some time and said he wanted to bring Mariah home to “her.” I think this family member gave him enough info to make an arrest last night and info about a possible location where Mariah could be found. JMO

I can't imagine but one family member of Mariah's who could have given the information needed to find this little girl. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psychesleuth