Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These cases never get any easier. Praying she is found soon.

I hate it when these poor kids get thrown in the middle of this Jerry Springer BS! (to put it mildly)

("Mom's boyfriend"... $^/&@$/÷=#...)

Women! Protect your children!!!!!

I think he got fed up with a 3 year old, and strangled her. Or, hit her with something, delivering a fatal blow. He might have carried that item out of the house, hence 2nd degree burglary.

Woke up to see notifications the search has transitioned to recovery. [emoji45]. Time to catch up.

So, lets think this through.

With his high bond, I am going to speculate that Earl is the main suspect for murdering Mariah. How would it be possible for Mom not to have known he was hurting her? She was in the same house (a small house, no less).

---Mom sleeps hard, head nothing. (I don't think this is possible, but ....)
---Mom is either medicated or high, not hearing what happened
---Mom wasn't home, didn't know he hurt Mariah
---Mom knew he hurt her, helped conceal
---Mom knew/thought he hurt her, didn't know where she was put

What else am I missing? Its early here.

I hate it when these poor kids get thrown in the middle of this Jerry Springer BS! (to put it mildly)

It's a cycle! Lack of education leads to babies, divorces, hookups, shack-ups, drug use, neglect, anger that turns to child abuse.

oh this little dude is sure in for it in tha big house, we all know how child abusers/killers are treated in prison. He is going to get his Karma once he goes down for life I suspect. I hope the DA finds out what mamma knew or didnt know. If she was in on it then Karma to her too, this is so sad now bio dad really needs to find a bigger house, his new GF has kids of her own. Gonna be a quiver full at his place. Prayers to Maraih this angers me so and this close to Christmas I could just scream. Hope someone slaps him around real soon

It's a cycle! Lack of education leads to babies, divorces, hookups, shack-ups, drug use, neglect, anger that turns to child abuse.

Agreed, unfortunately we see it too within educated families (JonBenet, Sherin)...

(Eta: wanted to edit my post to say JBR might not be the best example if BDI, but you get my drift...)

oh this little dude is sure in for it in tha big house, we all know how child abusers/killers are treated in prison. He is going to his Karma once he goes down for life I suspect. I hope the DA finds out what mamma knew or didnt know. If she was in on it then Karma to her too, this is so sad now bio dad really needs to find a bigger house, his new GF has kids of her own. Gonna be a quiver full at his place. Prayers to Maraih this angers me so an this close to Christmas I could just screm. Hope someone slaps him around real soon

Yeah, they're not not going to take to him too well in the big bouse, killing a 3 year old.

He's most likely been going through them this week as he's been closely watched, maybe he fessed up so that he could get his drugs in jail. He's looking pretty shabby :)

What drugs in jail? Tia. How? From other inmates? Or prescriptions/ methadone or what?

So, lets think this through.

With his high bond, I am going to speculate that Earl is the main suspect for murdering Mariah. How would it be possible for Mom not to have known he was hurting her? She was in the same house (a small house, no less).

---Mom sleeps hard, head nothing. (I don't think this is possible, but ....)
---Mom is either medicated or high, not hearing what happened
---Mom wasn't home, didn't know he hurt Mariah
---Mom knew he hurt her, helped conceal
---Mom knew/thought he hurt her, didn't know where she was put

What else am I missing? Its early here.

Does anyone think there might have been a sexual component to it? Maybe because it was a mobile home he stifled her screams with a pillow and she suffocated? Could some of the evidence have then been discarded beneath the home? A blanket, a favorite stuffed toy, etc.?

Does anyone think there might have been a sexual component to it? Maybe beacause it was a mobile home he stifled her screams with a pillow and she suffocated? Could some of the evidence have then been discarded beneath the home? A blanket, a favorite stuffed toy, etc.?

I think its possible but I think its more likely he was just mad about something. We KNOW he was an anger problem from past instances.

Not that it's really much better, but I kind of hope it was some kind of tragic accident and he panicked and tried to cover it up. There's still no happy ending, obviously, but it might mean that poor little girl didn't spend the last moments of her life in complete fear.

That’s another reason why i want her found YESTERDAY! Time erodes evidence and if we want him to get the maximum sentence allowable by law we will need every shred of evidence collected.

Agreed, unfortunately we see it too within educated families (JonBenet, Sherin)...

Exactly. Lack of education or income has nothing to do with these cases. It happens to children who live in trailers and mansions. It's time we stop calling these families "trailer park trash." IMO

Not that it's really much better, but I kind of hope it was some kind of tragic accident and he panicked and tried to cover it up. There's still no happy ending, obviously, but it might mean that poor little girl didn't spend the last moments of her life in complete fear.

As hopeful as a thought this is, I doubt it, moo.

I wanted to step in to help explain the Marine Corps transport...the crime occurred in the community of Camp Lejeune and the Marine Corps Air Station, which houses a squadron of V22 Osprey tilt rotor aircraft there. This aircraft is large enough that the mother’s vehicle and many additional very large items could be loaded and flown to Quantico with no problem. Considering the areas searched were aboard federal land and the agencies included Naval Criminal Investigative Services, they could use those resources.

Eta: post written before I saw there was an arrest.

Wanted to start with this, because it is proof that such a thing exists ("priority testing"; I am also curious to learn more about this Marine Corps transport):

"An FBI official said that during their investigation, they discovered "items of interest" and utilized the help of the Marine Corps to transport those items to Quantico for priority testing."

Items of interest from Mariah Woods case being tested at FBI Quantico
http://wlos.com/news/local/items-of-interest-from-mariah-woods-case-being-tested-at-fbi-quantico

Secondly, I want to say I was able to go back to the previous thread and catch up on some posts which I did not absorb earlier because the thread was moving so fast. I wanted to say thank you to the new member Westdad for jumping in (2 posts only) and helping with important local geographical information.

Third, it has been a pleasure reading everyone's posts, everything from discussions about DV, forgivenes, and remembering other victims who have not been forgotten.

Now to go back and catch up. Great group of folks here.

ETA: Arrest...:shakehead:

Exactly. Lack of education or income has nothing to do with these cases. It happens to children who live in trailers and mansions. It's time we stop calling these families "trailer park trash." IMO

No doubt we have seen abuse and murder cases which encompass aaaaalllllll spectrums, infinitely.

I wanted to step in to help explain the Marine Corps transport...the crime occurred in the community of Camp Lejeune and the Marine Corps Air Station, which houses a squadron of V22 Osprey tilt rotor aircraft there. This aircraft is large enough that the mother’s vehicle and many additional very large items could be loaded and flown to Quantico with no problem. Considering the areas searched were aboard federal land and the agencies included Naval Criminal Investigative Services, they could use those resources.

This is fantastic, thanks for stepping in! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members