Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #4 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at that on Google Maps, it would appear to have lots of out-buildings. Think you could be there and not be noticed for a while!

.... and it's just round the corner from his trailer.

I agree that the home looks to be uninhabited but records for that address indicate that it is inhabited. Two dressers seem to have been removed by this fella. We have an old farmhouse, on our family farm, and we've used it to store some stuff, and stored stuff in the barn too, and folks seem to feel like they can just help themselves to going in and scooping stuff up. Just because no one lives in the home doesn't mean we want folks trespassing and that they can help themselves to items on the property. He stole the dressers on the same night that Mariah disappeared. Wonder if they've found either, or both, of the dressers?

although I persoanlly agree with you about this, we also can't blame women for actions that men do. Sure, we as women should and do know better than to trust men who are not the bio fathers, (although some bio dads and some bio moms also are not safe for kids either), it is the man in this case who killed Mariah. Mariah did not die bc her mom lived with a bf - she died bc the bf killed her. It is hard not to blame women and victim-blame bc as a society we have been brainwashed to vilify women and hold them responsible for the actions of men, whether it is rape, abuse, incest, or murder. But the fact is, the only person guilty is the one who killed Mariah. If men did not abuse, rape, and kill children, women would not need to be so careful.
Personally, knowing that men pose a risk, I will not put my child at risk. But we can't blame women for men's violence.
I'm not that sure that the bf acted alone. I expect another arrest.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What I am stuck on is the phrase “...knowing that Mariah Wood died from unnatural causes.”

That could be based on probable cause but I would think if it was it would be worded differently. So how does LE know AEK knows she died from unnatural causes. I think they have everything but her at this point. And perhaps additional injury to her that only finding her could determine. I know they want to be bring all applicable charges. Please please please let her be found soon.

Likely blood, blood spatter evidence, imo, or a big spot in the floor, carpet, etc pie e of carpet missing, etc; it could be a variety of things but this would be my first guess.

Just a reminder.

No matter how much you want to refer to the mother in derogatory terms, we've been warned against that multiple times already in this thread.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

GODDAMMIT.

RIP darling girl. You deserved so many more years here on Earth. Fly free little one.

May justice be swift and harsh.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

this is the building across from Holland's Shelter Creek where Cape Fear River meets hwy 53. it's a flea market and antique store with a barn behind it.
attachment.php

Attachments

• red barn.jpg
    red barn.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 587
I missed the 6:45 press conference. Is there a replay anywhere?

Legal expert on WCTI commented that he did not believe EK led them to her, but likely someone else, when discussing whether someone else may/may not have had knowledge after the fact.

How far is the site where the baby was found in relation to EK's fathers"s home? TIA

It will not be an easy road for anyone involved in this case. Custody is not set in stone yet for the current legal custodial parent . RIP Mariah!

Trying to get a feel for Shelter creek since I am clueless. First link gave me an idea what it is like in general but led me to a second link with a graph from USGS. Maybe someone else would understand it but I thought it was odd that the days between Nov 27-29 show no water height. I am out of my league on this but was there a stop in water flow on those days, drainage? Any ideas? My brain is spinning.
General area: https://paddling.com/paddle/trips/shelter-creek-in-north-carolina/?lat=34.6018&lng=-77.8240&zoom=14

Water gauge(height) info and graph: https://waterdata.usgs.gov/nc/nwis/...od=&begin_date=2017-11-25&end_date=2017-12-02

Wonder if he grew up in that area if that creek was a place he fished at or hang out at so they focused on that area?

although I persoanlly agree with you about this, we also can't blame women for actions that men do. Sure, we as women should and do know better than to trust men who are not the bio fathers, (although some bio dads and some bio moms also are not safe for kids either), it is the man in this case who killed Mariah. Mariah did not die bc her mom lived with a bf - she died bc the bf killed her. It is hard not to blame women and victim-blame bc as a society we have been brainwashed to vilify women and hold them responsible for the actions of men, whether it is rape, abuse, incest, or murder. But the fact is, the only person guilty is the one who killed Mariah. If men did not abuse, rape, and kill children, women would not need to be so careful.
Personally, knowing that men pose a risk, I will not put my child at risk. But we can't blame women for men's violence.

bbm - we don't have any official confirmation for that. He has not (yet) been charged with murder.

Better wait until this is confirmed before we call him a murderer outright. jmo

Yes. But as an HVAC tech, he could have either been aware of it from previously servicing their unit when they lived there, or run across it while out working and checked it out.

This has actually made me uncomfortable about having service guys in. I try to assume they are hardworking, upstanding people. I have always kind of assumed that companies who send service people into homes check out their backgrounds a bit, if only because of liability issues.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A service company in my area (HVAC or similar) uses this to their advantage in marketing. Their ads stress that they run background checks on all employees and do not hire felons. One way to differentiate your business from the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18