Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the full quote re: Quantico:

“"Experts at the FBI lab in Quantico [Virginia] are testing items of interest that could help lead us to Mariah,” the FBI announced in a statement. “[T]hose items will be a priority for processing so we can determine whether or not they contain any evidentiary value.”"

http://people.com/crime/mariah-woods-north-carolina-missing-3-year-old-fbi-testing/

And because currently she is not charged with anything, so could conceivably get custody back until or unless she is.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bbm You mean her custody of the boys was revoked? I didn't read about that.

If it weren't related I don't think they would have bothered with it. This will serve to prove later he possessed the dressers that were used in commission of a crime. when looking for a missing child, they don't stop to worry about stolen dressers if they aren't related.

I'm with you. I think they're probably connected. She was found in one maybe.

For the record I think it's certain we will see more charges of EK. I think he will be charged with some degree of homicide. Probably murder.

Really? Source, please. Thanks in advance
I thought someone recently posted the link to this. I'll do a search on the thread for it, but I'm not hopeful because if a word has been mentioned too much in a thread, it will tell you that there are too many references to give you results. But let me look, because I think it was in this latest thread.

If he is charged with a degree of homicide can they change that charge to another degree based on new evidence? Not sure if that makes sense but don't know how else to word it.

Oh yes. Huge red flag. Dad talked about it. Kids were in the system and custody was temporarily placed with dad for a few
months due to serious abuse allegations.

Dad said the kid thrived with him. Stepmom alleged physical abuse, sexual abuse, neglect. Dad said mom lied to get the kids back and the court believed her and gave them back against his will.

Subseqently he was supposed to have weekend visits but he says she would not allow any contact and he didn't know what to do next to get help with that and could not afford the 3k to 5k in fees every attorney he went to quoted.

That all sounds very very plausible and familiar to me.

During dad and step mom's interview they were crying a lot. Tons of tears, snot. Everything. They immediately used past tense assuming Mariah must be dead, due to what they knew about the abuse allegations. They said something to the effect of they tried hard to prevent something like this or feared it could happen but not one would listen. She's mom so she got them back.

They seemd utterly destroyed and immediately certain she must be dead. That made a huge impact on how I viewed this case.

Fits a pattern for me of typical we saw all the red flags but child was left in an abusive situation, and was allowed to be slowly abused to death cases. In many of these cases the abused child is isolated from everyone else that knows and loves them as the signs of abuse becone too visible or obvious.

I’m bringing this article over from the last thread because no one said anything about the abandoned property and this just sounds awful....

“The front and back doors to the home were wide open Saturday morning and scene looking inside, seen from outside, appeared to be very disheveled with soiled garments strewn about the floor, broken furniture, loose papers and other reading material and tubs of unrecognizable matter covering every area of the home.”

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171202/breaking-news-body-of-mariah-kay-woods-has-been-found

What does unrecognizable matter covering every area of the Home mean????? Soiled garments?

Also just throwing a thought out there.... maybe they talked to grandma and she led them to Mariah? I don’t know... thinking outside the box a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If local addicts/thieves, knew there'd been stored items in there at one time, folks like EK, may have gone in there and found everything had been taken, or nothing of real value was left to steal, so they trashed the place. They did this to our place. Just for pure meanness. One family member had come and cleaned up the old farmhouse and had everything bagged up in there so they could take it all to the landfill at some point. Some of the last folks who broke in, ripped open every bag, and strowed the contents, from one end of the house to the other, and on both floors. It was is if it was a giant middle finger, to us, for having nothing left of value, stored in there, for them to take, when in fact, the other thieves before them, had already taken it all!

If he is charged with a degree of homicide can they change that charge to another degree based on new evidence? Not sure if that makes sense but don't know how else to word it.

Yes. But they typically want to wait to charge with as much info as possible. He's going nowhere for awhile so they have time.

Then that goes for boyfriend as well. He has not been named a suspect in Mariah's actual death. He has not been charged in her actual death. Just for disposing of her and lying.

My feelings exactly. Everyone is ready to hang Kimrey from the highest tree, calling him all sorts of vile, disgusting names and wishing awful things on him without a shred of even suspicion from LE that he is responsible for her death.

But hey, it's the boyfriend...so he must be guilty. /s

Then I think we should submit the "dressers being found in the shed" as rumor at this point.

Indeed, I've looked through several several links, not seeing it reported in msm, even searched the news outlet mentioned (doesn't mean it's not there, just saying it's not popping up or anything with keyword shed (other than directives for people to check their "sheds").

I guess I assumed they had been removed when it was reported that they are currently in the custody of a grandparent.

I found them both to be very broken over Mariah and can't begin to imagine all of the regrets, "what-ifs", etc. that will haunt them. I don't know if there were other circumstances that shined a negative light on him retaining custody. But shame on child services if they placed those children back into a home where abuse was present with no restrictions on the perpetrator. So many people failed these children. I pray this is the wakeup call needed for those who dearly love those boys to step up, fight for them and get them the help needed to get through their losses.

Oh yes. Huge red flag. Dad talked about it. Kids were in the system and custody was temporarily placed with dad for a few
months due to serious abuse allegations.

Dad said the kid thrived with him. Stepmom alleged physical abuse, sexual abuse, neglect. Dad said mom lied to get the kids back and the court believed her and gave them back against his will.

Subseqently he was supposed to have weekend visits but he says she would not allow any contact and he didn't know what to do next to get help with that and could not afford the 3k to 5k in fees every attorney he went to quoted.

That all sounds very very plausible and familiar to me.

During dad and step mom's interview they were crying a lot. Tons of tears, snot. Everything. They immediately used past tense assuming Mariah must be dead, due to what they knew about the abuse allegations. They said something to the effect of they tried hard to prevent something like this or feared it could happen but not one would listen. She's mom so she got them back.

They seemd utterly destroyed and immediately certain she must be dead. That made a huge impact on how I viewed this case.

Fits a pattern for me of typical we saw all the red flags but child was left in an abusive situation, and was allowed to be slowly abused to death cases. In many of these cases the abused child is isolated from everyone else that knows and loves them as the signs of abuse becone too visible or obvious.

What is your theory on why he was there?

Mine is simply that as an HVAC tech, he had come across the house and saw an opportunity for theft, but I'm not ruling out opportunity for drugs as well.

I've been trying to figure why EK would go to the dilapidated abandoned house to find something to sell. I still have no clue about the dressers but he could have been looking for copper to sell. That's a big thing here and if he had worked in HVAC he would know how to find it and how to remove it. Copper, unlike furniture, is a fast way to make cash as the recycle centers don't ask for ID and don't usually even want to know how it was obtained. JMO

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

To the few members getting a site that comes up with something about the site being "secure" don't worry.

If you get this page again all you do is take a look at the link in your address bar. See the beginning where it says https//:

Remove the "S" right after the "http" and you will be able to get to the site and that page will not pop up.

We are going to get the certificate as soon as we upgrade which is getting closer.

If you have any more questions about this send me a PM or email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com . That way we can keep it off this thread and stay on topic.

Thank You,
Tricia
*Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 5.09.36 PM.jpgThank you, Tricia, and congrats to you and all Websleuthers on this. The New Yorker's fact checkers are the gold standard, very cool!

*By Alec Wilkinson, The New Yorker
Annals of Crime

November 27, 2017 Issue

I guess I assumed they had been removed when it was reported that they are currently in the custody of a grandparent.

I'm sure I read something in the thread about boys being taken into care (maybe Friday?) by a department several initials beginning with D. Not familiar with all the services over there to be more specific or search the thread.

Is covering up her death and dumping her in a river not reason enough to want to see him brought to justice? I'm reserving a little for the murder charge, when that gets handed down and to whom.

My feelings exactly. Everyone is ready to hang Kimrey from the highest tree, calling him all sorts of vile, disgusting names and wishing awful things on him without a shred of even suspicion from LE that he is responsible for her death.

But hey, it's the boyfriend...so he must be guilty. /s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member