Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I think we should submit the "dressers being found in the shed" as rumor at this point.
Possibly. I will scan for it later unless any of the others who have posted about seeing it come up with a link first.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My feelings exactly. Everyone is ready to hang Kimrey from the highest tree, calling him all sorts of vile, disgusting names and wishing awful things on him without a shred of even suspicion from LE that he is responsible for her death.

But hey, it's the boyfriend...so he must be guilty. /s

Well we know he at least covered it up, the MURDER of a 3 year old child and monopolized various Law Enforcement resources, to say the least.

But you are correct. He has not been charged with murder. Yet (?)

(Eta it has also been stated that he was the last one to see her:

"Mariah was last seen by her mother's boyfriend late Sunday night and was reported missing Monday morning."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...toddler-may-have-been-seen-walmart/904410001/ )

I found them both to be very broken over Mariah and can't begin to imagine all of the regrets, "what-ifs", etc. that will haunt them. I don't know if there were other circumstances that shined a negative light on him retaining custody. But shame on child services if they placed those children back into a home where abuse was present with no restrictions on the perpetrator. So many people failed these children. I pray this is the wakeup call needed for those who dearly love those boys to step up, fight for them and get them the help needed to get through their losses.
CPS has a lot to answer for lately, between this and Sherin Mathews remaining in the care of parents who were continually breaking her bones (since they could not determine which parent was the abuser) 0

"He was being held in the Onslow County Detention Center with bail set at $1,010,000. Authorities haven’t said what led investigators to identify Kimrey as a suspect, but other charges could be coming."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...iend-has-been-charged/?utm_term=.885d1735dc2c

"District Attorney Ernie Lee has been consulted on the current charges and additional charges could be pending as the investigation continues."

http://abc7.com/man-arrested-in-nc-amber-alert-case;-girl-presumed-dead/2727161/

Yes. I probably sound at this point like I am defending her. I'm not. I find her choices in life disturbing. However, I want to put a true picture together based on the facts we know. I was led astray in other threads before when a number of people began repeating things as if they were factual, only later to find out it was a theory based on nothing - absolutely nothing. I just want to be sure we are clearly separating fact from theory here.

I don't mean to sound like a skeptical pain in the arse. It's just that these things get really cloudy when threads move as quickly as this one has. People start scanning, pick up on stuff that's been repeated, take it as fact, and before long we are pretty far away from the truth.

I don't pick apart language very much b/c here, what we say, is sometimes viewed as quite odd. Living where I do, there's sayings/words, that are unique to this region (with the exception of a couple places that Appalachian folk resettled in, that are not in Appalachia). I agree that Mom, as well as Dad, have made some very poor life choices, but, I don't know what went on inside those four walls of that trailer. I know my friend suffered the brunt of the physical abuse, so her kids did not, but the emotional abuse, she couldn't absorb for them, and the scars seem to be still there, for her, and at least one of hers, after all of these many years. Knowing her story fairly well, and reading the stories of those who have used our shelter, it's not black and white. I've often wondered why my friend just didn't kill her spouse, in his sleep, one night, after he'd beaten her to a bloody pulp, for the umpteenth time, but, I didn't live in that home, and he wasn't inside my head.

My feelings exactly. Everyone is ready to hang Kimrey from the highest tree, calling him all sorts of vile, disgusting names and wishing awful things on him without a shred of even suspicion from LE that he is responsible for her death.

But hey, it's the boyfriend...so he must be guilty. /s

i feel a bit like this too. his poor mother is getting flack on her fb page, feel quite sorry for her......he's not been charged with it yet, who knows whats going to emerge next

I've been trying to figure why EK would go to the dilapidated abandoned house to find something to sell. I still have no clue about the dressers but he could have been looking for copper to sell. That's a big thing here and if he had worked in HVAC he would know how to find it and how to remove it. Copper, unlike furniture, is a fast way to make cash as the recycle centers don't ask for ID and don't usually even want to know how it was obtained. JMO

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Which could explain transporting that in a dresser or two (crazy choice) but then you wouldn't be pulled over for copper in your van/truck? Crazy explanation I know!!!!

I found them both to be very broken over Mariah and can't begin to imagine all of the regrets, "what-ifs", etc. that will haunt them. I don't know if there were other circumstances that shined a negative light on him retaining custody. But shame on child services if they placed those children back into a home where abuse was present with no restrictions on the perpetrator. So many people failed these children. I pray this is the wakeup call needed for those who dearly love those boys to step up, fight for them and get them the help needed to get through their losses.

In my experience if CPS involvement doesn't result in permanent removal, the dependency court reunifies the parent and typically reverts to the original custody arrangement. Then it's up to the other parent to go back to the family court and try to change custody.

It appears this dad sought custody in depdnency court but was denied as reunification took place and he lacked the funds to fight it out in the regular family court.

None of this is unusual and may say nothing about dad but a lack of resources.

I've been trying to figure why EK would go to the dilapidated abandoned house to find something to sell. I still have no clue about the dressers but he could have been looking for copper to sell. That's a big thing here and if he had worked in HVAC he would know how to find it and how to remove it. Copper, unlike furniture, is a fast way to make cash as the recycle centers don't ask for ID and don't usually even want to know how it was obtained. JMO

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

I'm going to use the exact same words I said in the Tampa thread, word for word, though not necessarily with the same implication(s):

"A lot of nefarious things can happen in abandoned houses."

""Please, bring her back ... She's my baby, she's my everything," said Kristy Woods in a press conference. "(I) just to be able to touch her and hold her and not let her go again. I'd give anything.""

http://abc7chicago.com/timeline-of-mariah-woods-disappearance/2717550/

("please bring her back"...)
bbm

What do you make of this?
(not let her go again)

Is it possible he was con-temporizing his alibi to fit the recent news of children dying in such accidents?

I'm still struck by the timing of the arrest. 2am? All the LE on this case, it should have been easy to watch him until morning. I think its significant when taken with the timeline that's been announced. A little nod from LE that THEY know what he did- or a psych tweak to someone else involved.... jmho. Of course, they could have simply responded the minute they had confirmation and could, or caught him moving around and were worried he'd flee.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Where was mom when boyfriend was arrested?[/QUOTE]My theory on the timing of the arrest (2am???) is that LE had been questioning Kimrey for several hours in an effort to get a confession. Lengthy stressful interrogations are a common LE & military tool. Suspects will often trip themselves up once they're tired & (sometimes) eventually they break down & confess just to be able to end the interview.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

IMO those dressers were taken on a totally different day.
I think when he was being questioned in the very beginning as to the events of the night of her disappearance he told them that he went and stole the dressers that night, in the event that he might have been seen leaving and returning home.
IMO He gave LE that information, just changed the time and date of when he stole them, He was arrested for the theft and they went by the time that he had given them.
IMO he was not at that house that night, he was busy removing Mariah and concealing her body.

bbm

What do you make of this?
(not let her go again)

Good catch as usual, FindHG. That one flew right over me. Not sure if anyone noticed that and discussed it before...(I would assume so)

exactly. when I was filling out paperwork for a restrainer order after the criminal protection order expired, I could hear my ex in my head, telling me I wasn't justified to file for a protection order and I didn't deserve one. I did it anyway, and won, but it was a struggle and I felt unjustified (even tho he had been arrested) and guilty and worried about retaliation. They change how you think, and you don't think your own thoughts anymore. they use brainwash techniques.

I don't pick apart language very much b/c here, what we say, is sometimes viewed as quite odd. Living where I do, there's sayings/words, that are unique to this region (with the exception of a couple places that Appalachian folk resettled in, that are not in Appalachia). I agree that Mom, as well as Dad, have made some very poor life choices, but, I don't know what went on inside those four walls of that trailer. I know my friend suffered the brunt of the physical abuse, so her kids did not, but the emotional abuse, she couldn't absorb for them, and the scars seem to be still there, for her, and at least one of hers, after all of these many years. Knowing her story fairly well, and reading the stories of those who have used our shelter, it's not black and white. I've often wondered why my friend just didn't kill her spouse, in his sleep, one night, after he'd beaten her to a bloody pulp, for the umpteenth time, but, I didn't live in that home, and he wasn't inside my head.

IMO those dressers were taken on a totally different day.
I think when he was being questioned in the very beginning as to the events of the night of her disappearance he told them that he went and stole the dressers that night, in the event that he might have been seen leaving and returning home.
IMO He gave LE that information, just changed the time and date of when he stole them, He was arrested for the theft and they went by the time that he had given them.
IMO he was not at that house that night, he was busy removing Mariah and concealing her body.

Excellent theory.

Did they find any *advertiser censored* in the abandoned house?

Oh yes. Huge red flag. Dad talked about it. Kids were in the system and custody was temporarily placed with dad for a few
months due to serious abuse allegations.

Dad said the kid thrived with him. Stepmom alleged physical abuse, sexual abuse, neglect. Dad said mom lied to get the kids back and the court believed her and gave them back against his will.

Subseqently he was supposed to have weekend visits but he says she would not allow any contact and he didn't know what to do next to get help with that and could not afford the 3k to 5k in fees every attorney he went to quoted.

That all sounds very very plausible and familiar to me.

During dad and step mom's interview they were crying a lot. Tons of tears, snot. Everything. They immediately used past tense assuming Mariah must be dead, due to what they knew about the abuse allegations. They said something to the effect of they tried hard to prevent something like this or feared it could happen but not one would listen. She's mom so she got them back.

They seemd utterly destroyed and immediately certain she must be dead. That made a huge impact on how I viewed this case.

Fits a pattern for me of typical we saw all the red flags but child was left in an abusive situation, and was allowed to be slowly abused to death cases. In many of these cases the abused child is isolated from everyone else that knows and loves them as the signs of abuse becone too visible or obvious.

I was asking about now. I know the kids had previously been placed with dad, then returned to mom.

Someone had said (paraphrasing), dad will go to court to get the kids back. Someone else said, he's the father why would he have to go to court to get custody. After which I said, but mom still has custody. Then someone implied that she doesn't, which I had not read yet. (I don't think it's true either.)

Sorry for all the confusion!

For the medical examiner to be back to work, I've always assumed. Maybe it's sometimes a traditional M-F 9-5 job?

A little OT but there are limits on how much a medical examiner can work and stay certified. It has been a big issue in New Hampshire because there have been so many overdose deaths in otherwise tiny counties with previously low death rates. There was a fascinating New York Times article on it a few months ago if anyone is interested: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/07/us/drug-overdose-medical-examiner.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat