Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope your pup recovers quickly! It's always horrible when pets get sick. My dog was diagnosed with bone cancer 5 weeks ago...she's just now showing signs that point to a heck of difficult decision I have to make, probably in the next couple days. This website is my escape right now or I would sit and cry all day!

But I can't help but think of how upset I get when she shows the slightest sign of pain...it kills me. Which makes it so so hard to understand how someone could hurt an innocent child and then dump the body like it's trash.
Sorry about your dog. So sad, but you will know when the time is right, when you and her are both ready. I got so tired of losing dogs... Man, its rough. [emoji20]

I was happy to see that person have to face that raft of cameras -a silent witness to what he's done.

I wasn't happy to hear his sociopathically calm, strong, clear voice. Seems he feels quite at home there in court in jail garb and not too concerned.

RBBM

I thought he looked resigned, if anything. Maybe he's just sorry he got caught!

ETA: My thoughts and prayers are with anyone who has sick children and pets. Dear Husband (DH) and I don't have human kids, but we've rescued cats over the years, and it is NEVER easy to put a beloved pet down. However, that won't stop us from adopting others in need.

I can't even imagine losing a child to illness, much less harming one fatally. Hope they throw the book at him!

Thanks to everyone who was posting during his court appearance!

I was not able to watch because my dog is very ill :( I will have to come back to this thread later or tomorrow to catch up.

(Awwww, get better doggie!!

:grouphug: )

Note in general, not to anyone specifically....

When bringing up another case, please make sure your comment is super clear that it's about another case, not this one. When pronouns are used instead of names, it can be confusing and not to mention jarring when readers think it's about the case on the thread. Sometimes readers have to skip over pages and not read every post, so a conversation about another case can get mixed up into the conversation of this case. Use names, please!

(And I include myself in this reminder - I'm sure I've done this myself!)

jmo

I hope your pup recovers quickly! It's always horrible when pets get sick. My dog was diagnosed with bone cancer 5 weeks ago...she's just now showing signs that point to a heck of difficult decision I have to make, probably in the next couple days. This website is my escape right now or I would sit and cry all day!

But I can't help but think of how upset I get when she shows the slightest sign of pain...it kills me. Which makes it so so hard to understand how someone could hurt an innocent child and then dump the body like it's trash.

Hugs to you and your doggie!!

I am just catching up so forgive me if this has already been asked but I am wondering if KW attended today's hearing?
No she didn't. No family from either side. ClaireNC confirmed in earlier post.

Howdy folks!

In the previous thread, #5; there was a post with links to EK's fb account. If I understood the rules correctly discussion of his page is acceptable because he's under arrest. :)

The acct; listing him as employed by Comfort H&C & showing profile pic of him & Mariah's Mom; also shows that he belonged/followed four groups. One of those groups that really stuck out to me was titled, "What's Going on in Dayton, Ohio". I have not noted anything prior that connected him to Ohio and don't remember seeing Ohio represented in his prior address record. The groups post appears to be full of community happenings and items for sale- not anything particularly nefarious, I was simply curious about the location.

If this is out of bounds- my apologies!

Went back and watched him entering again and this time I saw no fear, no humility. Truly just no emotion at all.

My first impression was obviously tainted by the resemblance to my son. I find that interesting.

Well your son I'm sure has a beautiful soul. Not like this thing.

JMO
Its a good question. I think there are two possibilities how LE found the right spot. Well maybe 3. LOL

1-Someone spotted their vehicle and phoned in a Tip saying they saw a strange vehicle in the area where she was found. The hours they saw the vehicle may have made them take notice of it being suspicous and then when news broke of the case they decided to call in the tip.

2-Either him or her finally decided the jig is up and told LE where to go.

3-The good search efforts paid off as they were searching all the waters around their house and working outwards. I read it was about 25 miles from their house so that is an amazing search effort if the searchers found her.
Or his cell phone showed him at that location during the hours LE gave. Waiting for my husband to get out of surgery so someone met have posted that already. I'm behind.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think the attitude of the authorities has been from the start very thorough and careful and they are in no rush to lay charges until they are certain of what happened. Possibly they wanted EK in custody at the soonest opportunity because he posed a risk of disappearing. Anyone else being looked at has a lesser likelihood of doing so.

Has there been any mention of when the Medical Examiner will release/explain the cause of death?

Or his cell phone showed him at that location during the hours LE gave. Waiting for my husband to get out of surgery so someone met have posted that already. I'm behind.

Hoping he feels better soon!

Hope your husband is feeling better soon.

I can’t wrap my head around it. He looked like a scared little boy. Very wide-eyed.

Very young and very scared just like Mariah must have been[emoji26]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members