Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My instincts tell me this little girl wasn't being systematically abused. The children were already removed once by CPS just a few months ago. If there was that kind of abuse going on they would have known about it then. Surely the children would have been examined by a doctor to verify the bio-dad's allegation of physical and sexual abuse and since the children were returned to mom then they clearly didn't find any physical evidence of abuse.

As for Earl's appearance in court. I would expect him to look like that, not because he is the monster you're all assuming him to be but because he knows he's innocent of hurting that child but he surely knows everyone assumes he did something and he's frightened. If I'm right I hope he tells the entire story and doesn't try to play the heroic man whose gonna take the fall for a woman.
That's only if CPS did its job. See Sherin Mathews case - multiple broken bones over a years time and multiple reports to CPS by her physician. Nothing was done.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That split second where he looks at the camera gave me chills and sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

That’s my instincts telling me this guy did something horrible to Mariah. moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My instincts tell me this little girl wasn't being systematically abused. The children were already removed once by CPS just a few months ago. If there was that kind of abuse going on they would have known about it then. Surely the children would have been examined by a doctor to verify the bio-dad's allegation of physical and sexual abuse and since the children were returned to mom then they clearly didn't find any physical evidence of abuse.

As for Earl's appearance in court. I would expect him to look like that, not because he is the monster you're all assuming him to be but because he knows he's innocent of hurting that child but he surely knows everyone assumes he did something and he's frightened. If I'm right I hope he tells the entire story and doesn't try to play the heroic man whose gonna take the fall for a woman.

It's just another one that can be added to a long list where CPS failed a child. They don't always make the right decision.

Granted, "live-in boyfriends" can take the whole guilty charge while the woman essentially goes free... Bella Bond... but do you really think this guy is innocent?

Will the state automatically give custody of brothers to their dad?

Not a word. Anyone else think it's strange to not have a statement from Mariah's family? Something thanking LE and community, etc...I have a feeling that there's more to this than what we know. Most loved ones are in full support of the victim and out front and center.

I do not think it is strange. The family's world has been ripped apart. Plus the bio Dad is busy this am at the dependency hearing. Ppl grieve in different ways and LE asked the bio dad to refrain from speaking to the media. It was on thread #2 regarding that.

That's only if CPS did its job. See Sherin Mathews case - multiple broken bones over a years time and multiple reports to CPS by her physician. Nothing was done.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks. I'm not familiar with that case. I have to presume that the examination was done by the child's personal physician who made the report to CPS. If the children were already removed by CPS because of abuse they would have sent the child to the doctor to be examined for evidence of abuse. CPS wouldn't have returned the child to the mom if their own physician said "Hey, these kids have healed broken bones, bruises and little Mariah is being sexually abuse."

I thought they said at the second to last presser that they received specific information from someone to search the two areas they were searching. My conclusion was it was not from EK since he would have given one location assuming he’s the one that disposed of little Mariah. (Got that from the talking heads after the presser didn’t come up with that on my own, but I agree).

All I remember from the presser was a vague statement to the effect of we are using information gathered..not that it came from someone.

I can’t pin point why, but in the last day or two I’ve shifting gears a little bit. I’m thinking more and more along the lines as you regarding EK.

Will the state automatically give custody of brothers to their dad?

He has a good chance since he had custody of the kids before for a short time. Social services prefer relative placements than foster care so the family bond stays intact. A family plan probably will be created for the Dad to follow such as mental health services for the boys and him (counseling) and other things. This case is different since they have had contact with the family before . In other cases , social services relinquishes custody to the biological parent if there are no issues. Jmo

Is the hearing over? Any PCs scheduled for today?

Thanks. I'm not familiar with that case. I have to presume that the examination was done by the child's personal physician who made the report to CPS. If the children were already removed by CPS because of abuse they would have sent the child to the doctor to be examined for evidence of abuse. CPS wouldn't have returned the child to the mom if their own physician said "Hey, these kids have healed broken bones, bruises and little Mariah is being sexually abuse."

Juvenile cases are confidential but I have a hunch that the prior contact with social services was resolved with no findings. Some one else mentioned that ppl can clean their houses quick and social services will stop bugging them if they make their environment nice. Dishes in the sink, laundry on the floor or couch will not have a child removed. Doctor and dentist reports and school input is vital for a case to move forward. I have personally walked through dirty houses but that is not what catches my eye. MOO

Not a word. Anyone else think it's strange to not have a statement from Mariah's family? Something thanking LE and community, etc...I have a feeling that there's more to this than what we know. Most loved ones are in full support of the victim and out front and center.

I do wonder if mom is keeping a low profile due to emotions running high in the community.

I pray that both sides of the family can come together and at least give Mariah a beautiful funeral and the boys time to heal without fighting.

Is it usual for prisoners to wear a bulletproof vest when appearing in court?

Is it usual for prisoners to wear a bulletproof vest when appearing in court?

It's relatively common in high-profile cases, like school shootings and that kind of stuff. They don't want to risk anything and they know emotions are running high.

I do wonder if mom is keeping a low profile due to emotions running high in the community.

If I lost a child in this way the last thing I would do would be on social media, out in public, talking to media, creating gomefund accounts etc - I would be locked away some place privately grieving.

Watergirl 62, I don't know how to pull your post to Jennifer 17 from the last thread over here about sharing your sympathy for her loss of her daughter. You shared that you too lost your child, your 18 y/o son suddenly.

You related how you felt stunned, numb, and with no tears. You added that everybody processes grief in their own way at their own pace.

Want to tell you how very sorry I am to hear of your loss too.

I'm so impressed that you and Jennifer 17, as well as all others who have also lost children are here trying to use their devastating tragedies to help others.

That's my definition of genuine goodness and compassion...

JMO

Thank you for posting this, JazzTune, you expressed the sentiments of so many of us here, the WS community will never let these angels be forgotten and we send warmest thoughts and prayers for any parent that lost a precious child in this manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes