Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for nothing Gitana you should know how the cops are and how they love to stack and make up "crimes" just to pad the count. I've seen enough videos of cop/citizen interaction to know "resisting arrest" and "assault on a cop" are BS charges 95% of the time. I'm sorry, I know you're an officer of the court and it's your career but I have absolutely not faith in cops or the court system. Justice is supposed to be tempered with mercy and truth and our modern "justice" systems does neither. JMO

Yes. I've seen stacking. But in my experience, unless the person is a person of color, a criminal record with that many charges is indicative of a way of life more than being railroaded by the system.

Not to mention that the neighbors have witnessed this man's combativeness and violence.

And then add that he is charged with disposing of her body, which would not be a typical stacking type charge IMO but one that in this context- high profile case- would be carefully selected based on strong evidence.

Then there was the previous CPS case which, although it ended with reunification, was strong enough to cause temporary removal at least, something we don't even see with cases like Sherin Matthews, Emma Thompson (who arrived at the doctor's with a mouth and genitals filled with sexual transmitted herpes and bruising all around her waist), Gabriel Fernandez (whose teacher grimly photographed and chronicled each and every one of his repeated broken bones, burns, bruises and whip marks, etc., that she called CPS about over and over again to no avail), and countless other cases we've seen involving repeated calls to CPS and even several visits but no removal.

Finally, the stats and increased risks involved to a child when mama moves in a new man.

This combination of factors indicates to me he was no fall guy. I think this is going to be a typical case- a child systematically abused over time who finally ended up dead. I'm guessing the last sighting of her was some time ago. Days or weeks even. I think the refusal to allow dad visits was in part to hide signs of abuse.

That's my sense based on the circumstances and facts we know so far.

...which is why I wonder if Kristy is talking/sharing. Because if it’s grandma, I can’t imagine her knowing anything about what transpired, much less the location of where Kimrey put the child’s remains.

I suppose it's possible Kristy revealed the recovery site by mentioning it as a place EK was known to frequent, say as a fishing spot. Otherwise, there is the implication that she was not forthcoming during the course of the investigation. My theory is that EK revealed the location himself, maybe saying as others have suggested that an accident occurred and he covered up due to his record and previous CPS involvement. All speculation and MOO.

Was it ever stated just how long this conversation was? I keep thinking of 5 hours, but not sure if I saw it on a different thread. I agree with you and also believe it was this family member who led them to where Mariah was (or at least in the vicinity). So barring this being a location frequently visited by EK and family/friends, this family member must've had good reason to believe Mariah was there. Curious as to whether EK passed this on freely shortly after the crime or if a family member was able to talk to him behind bars and gathered the information. MOO. Thinking back to Todd Kohlhepp (not sure why) and recalling how he wanted to speak to his mother before giving any information.
I just feel the need to repost this article and to point out that IMO, it was this family member who directed the Sheriff to the location of Mariah's body. Not the BF. Her body was found shortly after this press conference.
JMO

http://www.wral.com/sheriff-authori...year-old-mariah-woods/17156154/?ref=hvper.com

"In an update to the media Friday afternoon, Miller said that he had a "long conversation" with one of Mariah's family members, and added that "they are cooperating."

Maybe tox will reveal drugs in her system...we've seen that before...

A reporter asked at the end of a press conference if EK revealed the location and the answer was no. So not to them, but maybe to someone else as suggested above.

How has NC been in other cases at releasing documents? I’m trying to recall cases I’ve followed here from there and coming up blank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's no wonder in my mind that LE have reportedly told the bio dad not to talk any more to the media. This is totally...what's the word/phrase...contaminating the jury pool? That's not the right word.

It's all hearsay, though, we've got to keep that in mind, and that as things get passed on you get the whisper game effect happen as well.

I'm trying to not comment in this post as to what I'm thinking as I listen to the NG podcast, but ooooh I am muttering at my computer screen...

Anyone who hasn't yet listened to NG, she has the father on saying he has been told what happened by KH's father.

Anyone thinking there is importance to the specificity of the charges (in regards to he hiding part)? I keep wondering if the "further charges," after the autopsy don't necessarily mean exclusively for EK.

Maybe tox will reveal drugs in her system...we've seen that before...

That's is a possibility. Either on purpose or by accident.

When my nephew was about 18 months old, his parents had been through a divorce and the father had visitation. During visitation the child had to be rushed to ER. He was diagnosed with cocaine in his blood stream. Turned out Dad was using cocaine, left it out and the baby got it on his hands and of course it went straight to his mouth. CPS stepped in and put the mother through the paces, and Dad (who denied cocaine use) only had supervised visitation after that.

Oh my......I absolutely have no words listening to this. Why in the name of God is mom not in jail????

I would think because this may not be true...if it is then wow I expect her charged.

Edit I haven’t listened only saw the tweets linked up thread. I haven’t read them all, but if true obstruction comes to mind for the timeline or lying or whatever. But again this is all rumor anyway and I have issues with dad coming out and saying all this and not keeping quiet until it all comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. I've seen stacking. But in my experience, unless the person is a person of color, a criminal record with that many charges is indicative of a way of life more than being railroaded by the system.

Not to mention that the neighbors have witnessed this man's combativeness and violence.

And then add that he is charged with disposinf of her hidy, which would not be a typical stacking type charge IMO but one that in this context- high profile case- would be carefully selected based on strong evidence.

Then there was the previous CPS case which, although it ended with reunification, was strong enough to cause temporary removal at least, something we don't even see with cases like Sherin Matthews, Emma Thompson (who arrived at the doctor's with a mouth and genitals filled with sexual transmitted herpes and bruising all around her waist), Gabriel Fernandez (whose teacher grimly photographed and chronicled each and every one of his repeated broken bones, burns, bruises and whip marks, etc., that she called CPS about over and over again to no avail), and countless other cases we've seen involving repeated calls to CPS and even several visits but no removal.

Finally, the stats and increased risks involved to a child when mama moves in a new man.

This combination of factors indicates to me he was no fall guy. I think this is going to be a typical case- a child systematically abused over time who finally ended up dead. I'm guessing the last sighting of her was some time ago. Days or weeks even. I think the refusal to allow dad visits was in part to hide signs of abuse.

That's my sense based on the circumstances and facts we know so far.

I probably should have been clearer. When I referred to stacking, I specifically meant the charges of "resisting arrest" and "assault on a gov't employee." Those are BS charges most of the time that cops just add for the hell of it and it isn't just POC, it's people of lower socioeconomic classes in general.

I can't say anything regarding the other CPS cases you mentioned as I'm not familiar with any of them but I mentioned in a previous post since the children were removed once due to abuse allegations by the bio-dad then that means the children would have been examined by a CPS doctor for signs of abuse. I don't see a CPS doctor telling them there are signs of abuse and then CPS sends the kids back anyway.

One last point, the one you mentioned about bio-mom keeping dad away from the kids to hide abuse. I don't think that was it, that smells of bio-mom just being vindictive and refusing to let dad see the kids. She knew bio-dad didn't have the means to fight her and she knows family courts side with the mother under nearly all circumstances, she knew she could do whatever she wanted and the father didn't have a leg to stand on.

Oh...and one last thing, the reports of violence from the neighbors. I'm having a hard time swallowing that story. It doesn't seem to mesh with the facts we do know of EK and seeing him at court this morning, I just can't see him being that violent. I can't put my finger on why but I'm not seeing it.

That’s a whopping bond amount for the charges levied. I was expecting the attorney to request a lower amount. Although I doubt he could make any amount of bond considering his living conditions.
I thought the bond was high for the charges against Kimrey. Absolutely appropriate for a murder, but not sure for obstruction, moving a body and possessing stolen $40 nightstands. JMO

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

This is the first I've heard of Maple Hill. Is that the same as the Shelter Creek area where she was found? If so, it would appear that multiple people (outside of LE) knew from the start how this was going to end. My heart breaks for AW.

Oh my......I absolutely have no words listening to this. Why in the name of God is mom not in jail????

Wow, in that NG interview, Mariah's dad says they are blaming one of her brothers for killing her and then they panicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali