Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to be surprised if the cause of death isn't determined considering the fact she was in the water.

I hate to necro this older comment but I couldn’t agree more. As someone who has a history with NC courts it’s a bit of a running joke that when you’re about to get off probation that you have to lock everything down really tight, if you have a curfew they will violate you for being a millisecond late, they come rip your house apart a couple times those last few weeks, if there’s a paperwork error it’s on you alone to fix it, because your behind is on the line. The court system is designed to keep you in it for as long as possible. If anything additional can be tacked on, as minuscule as it may be, you can bet they’re all over it here. I don’t know about other states personally but it’s been my experience that the system in NC is run like a business. Theres no consideration for things like technicalities, or life situations, socioeconomic situation. You're not a person, you're an assigned number and potential dollar amount. Your public defender is overworked and underpaid, they are incentivized to get your file off their desk ASAP and have about 30 minutes to spend on your case. The court system is big business, it’s unfortunate. Why rehabilitate when you can squeeze more money out? That being said, It’s my opinion that EK deserves everything they can tack on there, but crimes against children really make me sick. I don’t believe there is much rehabilitation to be had for any person that (allegedly) harms a child.

I totally agree with you, except for that last sentence. There is a big difference between a child sexual predator and someone who intentionally or accidentally killed a child. Rehab on sex offenders is still up in there, it's such a politicized issue that it's near impossible to get research dollars to really study the problem and see if there are avenues of therapy that would work. I happen to believe sex offenders can be rehabbed (well, all but the most pathological) but we'll never know what works because of people's knee jerk reactions and the politicians using the issue to get votes. A killer on the other hand is not likely to kill another child, especially if the death occurred as the result of an accident but again, people have such a knee jerk reaction to it and a visceral hatred that politicians (judges included) know handing down the stiffest penalty will earn them points in the voting booth. I realize I'm in the super minority here but I simply can't throw someone away, it's not a part of my personal moral code.

IF such a version is being presented, then it's possible insight into COD, maybe...

(Eta: meaning something that could be blamed on a kid...just thinking out loud)

And then we still had LE asking for sightings of the family on Sunday. So possibly they doubt this story too and think it's a cover up for an earlier death. So who cracked and told them the abduction story was faked? I think that must have been at the point they said neighbourhood didn't need to be on alert.

:rose: Sad to read this horrible news. Rest in Love, Mariah.

Couldn’t there at least be a charge of misleading all the resources that were sent in to try and help locate little Mariah, when KW already knew that it wasn’t necessary? Makes me so mad when all that energy could’ve been used for something positive.

The mother is also guilty of neglect.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It probably won't be charged, but if this child, or her brothers, were victims of abuse by Kimrey, she should be charged with child endangerment as well. IMO

Anyway, here's another version of the court arraignment (was it an arraignment?) this morning. No new news here, & it's preceded by a flippin' commercial.

To sum it up,
Wham-bam- (charged with same old stuff, appointed atty, bail amt, EK had no questions) --
back to the slam.

http://abc7chicago.com/$1m-bond-for-man-charged-in-death-of-girlfriends-daughter-3/2735659/

I always love to read your posts,Gitana. They give such a good perspective. I was thinking he looked like a scared little boy. (Actually reminds me of my son who is almost the same age.). Now I want to go back and view it again from your perspective.

I wonder how his child-like appearance will impact the jury in a murder trial. (If it comes to that)

He looks his age, to me. My eldest is right around his age. He just looked small-framed. I don't think he looked scared as much as he looked resigned. Iirc his record that OP posted on the previous thread started in 2011. That's just six years ago. I wonder if he has a longer history. He'd have been 26? Wondering if he had a juvenile record, or, if he just started a criminal record, out of the blue, at 26? Odd that he wouldn't be caught for something, til then, unless he may have started hard drug use at that age. Of course, if you get a felony on your history, you can pretty much say goodbye to employment. Especially in his field.

Still trying to catch up on this thread, and this may already have been mentioned and if so, please excuse, but...

Many hunting clubs have cameras out in the (usually deer) hunting areas to see where the deer are. It could be that some hunter saw EK with the child, or with a bag, or coming back from throwing out the remains, and reported it via 919 or local LEO's. That info, along with any other info would really nail it down for the searcher to go to that location.

He looks his age, to me. My eldest is right around his age. He just looked small-framed. I don't think he looked scared as much as he looked resigned. Iirc his record that OP posted on the previous thread started in 2011. That's just six years ago. I wonder if he has a longer history. He'd have been 26? Wondering if he had a juvenile record, or, if he just started a criminal record, out of the blue, at 26? Odd that he wouldn't be caught for something, til then, unless he may have started hard drug use at that age. Of course, if you get a felony on your history, you can pretty much say goodbye to employment. Especially in his field.

IRT possible drug use, I understand why folks assume that, I do to; but with his rap sheet wouldn't there be some drug use recorded? I'm not familiar enough with the statistics- it just feels like if he was getting in that much trouble with LE drug use would have been evident and we'd see a drug related offense?

IRT possible drug use, I understand why folks assume that, I do to; but with his rap sheet wouldn't there be some drug use recorded? I'm not familiar enough with the statistics- it just feels like if he was getting in that much trouble with LE drug use would have been evident and we'd see a drug related offense?

I think it depends. Many drug users don't have drug offenses, but offenses that drugs contributed to. My sister has used heroin (and various others, but that is the main) on and off for a few decades and has a long record, but no drug offenses. Mostly theft charges and assault with some domestic stuff mixed in. I'm not sure it's uncommon for others to have the same, but I also don't know the statistics. I could be wrong.

So the boys are in CPS custody (as I posted yesterday,) and not in the custody of the grandmother.

Sorry I don't have a link (please remove this if it is not allowed) --Didn't a minister do an interview asking the public for clothes, food and gift cards to help grandma care for the boys? unless they removed them after they found Mariah's body.

Sorry I don't have a link (please remove this if it is not allowed) --Didn't a minister do an interview asking the public for clothes, food and gift cards to help grandma care for the boys? unless they removed them after they found Mariah's body.
They were put in the care of CPS on Friday. Confirmed by AW.

Just listened to the NG interview and bio dad's fiancee saying "they are trying to blame the older brother" but it's not clear who they heard that from, it sounded like she said it came from someone in the court system.

NG is so dramatic, it's honestly hard to listen to her, ugh.

Boys are still considered wards of the sate but they have been placed with grandma. If bio Dad gets the boys placed with him, he will have them in a physical aspect and the state will have the boys legally. They could relinquish the boys and give the dad custody with no involvement from them (social services) but I doubt it. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny