Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I probably should have been clearer. >>>......snipped for space...
I can't say anything regarding the other CPS cases you mentioned as I'm not familiar with any of them but I mentioned in a previous post since the children were removed once due to abuse allegations by the bio-dad then that means the children would have been examined by a CPS doctor for signs of abuse. I don't see a CPS doctor telling them there are signs of abuse and then CPS sends the kids back anyway.

The problem is, CPS sends kids back to families, even when doctors report injuries and signs of abuse, quite often.

There are 4 CPS workers about to stand trial for doing just that, in Gabriel's murder case:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...esident-investigated-alleged-comme/913532001/

4 L.A. County social workers to face trial in horrific death of 8-year-old boy

And they did the same type of thing in Sherin Matthews case, in spite of the doctors reports, which included x-rays of repeated factors.

Also, happened last year in Detroit:

2 social workers charged with manslaughter in Detroit toddler's death

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/...workers-charged.../93796132/
Nov 14, 2016 - Two Michigan state social workers charged with manslaughter, child abuse in death of 3-year-old Detroit boy. ... protect Aaron, respond and follow through on reports of the mental health workers, ask police for a safety check, file a petition with juvenile court authorities or follow CPS policy and procedures.

Bio dad and his fiance were on the Nancy Grave podcast. They said that LE has told them that Kristy and Earl are saying the oldest brother killed Mariah and that they panicked.
deleted - got the wrong end of the stick.

As a parent, wouldn't you have the right to see your child, regardless of the state he/she might be?
Yes, you do. 1st hand experience here. They offered, told me it was my right but cautioned me strongly against it & so I refused. I'll gladly hold my last memory of her as she was alive.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I imagine EK told KKHW that story. Maybe she believed him, maybe she's still covering for him and throwing the kids under the bus. But I think there's a 0.01% chance of that being true in this case.

Wow, in that NG interview, Mariah's dad says they are blaming one of her brothers for killing her and then they panicked.

Not for nothing Gitana you should know how the cops are and how they love to stack and make up "crimes" just to pad the count. I've seen enough videos of cop/citizen interaction to know "resisting arrest" and "assault on a cop" are BS charges 95% of the time. I'm sorry, I know you're an officer of the court and it's your career but I have absolutely not faith in cops or the court system. Justice is supposed to be tempered with mercy and truth and our modern "justice" systems does neither. JMO

I hate to necro this older comment but I couldn’t agree more. As someone who has a history with NC courts it’s a bit of a running joke that when you’re about to get off probation that you have to lock everything down really tight, if you have a curfew they will violate you for being a millisecond late, they come rip your house apart a couple times those last few weeks, if there’s a paperwork error it’s on you alone to fix it, because your behind is on the line. The court system is designed to keep you in it for as long as possible. If anything additional can be tacked on, as minuscule as it may be, you can bet they’re all over it here. I don’t know about other states personally but it’s been my experience that the system in NC is run like a business. Theres no consideration for things like technicalities, or life situations, socioeconomic situation. You're not a person, you're an assigned number and potential dollar amount. Your public defender is overworked and underpaid, they are incentivized to get your file off their desk ASAP and have about 30 minutes to spend on your case. The court system is big business, it’s unfortunate. Why rehabilitate when you can squeeze more money out? That being said, It’s my opinion that EK deserves everything they can tack on there, but crimes against children really make me sick. I don’t believe there is much rehabilitation to be had for any person that (allegedly) harms a child.

Didn't AW say he was listening in on a conversation between the worker and KW's dad? If so, the dad would be reporting what he was told by KW directly. AW & HC (fiancee) said they told LE about the Maple Hill reference earlier (from the conversation they overheard). Still looking for a local to confirm this is the same area she was found, but that would definitely tie the two together. I don't doubt LE had a lot of leads to sift through, just thinking this may have been one of them. MOO

Local here...yes, the area where she was found is referred to as Maple Hill.

I haven't listened to the NG interview but wanted to say if they are blaming the oldest son and they panicked than the mom should be charged just like the boyfriend is. Wouldn't you think?

They heard Kristy's father saying it on a loudspeaker phone.

The part on the loudspeaker wasn't the part about blaming the brother. AW stated that LE told them that Kristy and Earl were trying to blame the brother - the loudspeaker part was more about Earl disposing of Mariah and Kristy's part in it.

The part on the loudspeaker wasn't the part about blaming the brother. AW stated that LE told them that Kristy and Earl were trying to blame the brother - the loudspeaker part was more about Earl disposing of Mariah and Kristy's part in it.
Thank you! I was trying to cook dinner while listening, and must've missed that. Apologies.

I can't begin to think what happened. A tired, crying little girl is killed? Is even this account deliberately faked to hide something different?

Thank you for the clarification, here in TN, many localities within the same city have specific names. This gives me more reason to believe that AW did indeed relay information from KW's dad's conversation to LE. Still not believing 100% of the story. I'm wondering now what led LE to search under the first bridge??

Local here...yes, the area where she was found is referred to as Maple Hill.

Waiting on the facts....poor Mariah caught up in all this mess, and now dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485