Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree. *if* and I mean IF (not saying it happened here) a child acts out aggressively against another child, you have failed as a parent. Sure, genetics and prenatal environment can contribute to a child's behavior, but it is on the parent ultimately (not talking about adoptive situations). So if KW tried or tries to blame her own child, that just shows it's her own parenting at fault, whether or not the child did anything.

^^^This. Those children were living in a very unhealthy environment so it would be natural for the older boy to get angry and act out. I think KW and the EK are abusing the kids all over again when they point fingers at a child. Instead of admitting defeat , EK and KW will continue to save their own a$$.The children probably never saw any love between the pair and had to roam around in a drug infested home . Many threads ago i stated that the epidemic in today's family culture is spinning out of control and all agencies need to break the cycle otherwise cases will keep happening. WS is full of cases like this. It is so sad. JMO

I think in this case the mother is ultimately to blame for making horrible choices for her children, and now little Mariah is deceased, :(

this is a very good, responsible article about all these issues with AW and KW.

[FONT=&amp]"According to the document, the court believes there is a reasonable basis to believe that the boys have been exposed to “a substantial risk of physical injury or sexual abuse because of the parent, guardian, custodian, or caretaker has created conditions likely to cause injury or abuse or has failed to provide, or is unable to provide, adequate supervision or protection.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“The respondent parents have a history of exposing the juveniles to adult situations and conversation during their ongoing custody battle,” according to the documents.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"The document is a juvenile summons and notice of hearing and notes that the two boys have been placed in DSS custody temporarily. Woods and his ex-wife, Kristy, are scheduled to be in court over the custody of the boys Friday morning."[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
"[FONT=&amp]The boys were placed in the care of their grandmother, Kristy Woods’ mother, on Nov. 27, according to the documents, and the grandmother, whose relationship with Alex Woods is allegedly “volatile,” was told to be the sole caregiver of the boys due to concerns over the grandfather’s drinking habits. The Daily News has spoken with the grandmother who confirms she is watching the boys."[/FONT]
"[FONT=&amp]The documents go into detail about physical and sexual abuse allegedly committed by Earl Kimrey, Kristy Woods’ live-in boyfriend, to Mariah and her two brothers."

[/FONT]
so they boys are in DSS custody but with the g'mother, physically.
http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171205/mariahs-father-speaks-on-cps-documents-memories-of-his-daughter

yes. So, is it ok for the children to be with Grandma?

Good question.

Apparently, That's where they are:
"The boys were placed in the care of their grandmother, Kristy Woods’ mother, on Nov. 27, according to the documents, and the grandmother, whose relationship with Alex Woods is allegedly “volatile,” was told to be the sole caregiver of the boys due to concerns over the grandfather’s drinking habits. The Daily News has spoken with the grandmother who confirms she is watching the boys."
. http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171205/mariahs-father-speaks-on-cps-documents-memories-of-his-daughter

Custody issues like this get pushed down to the bottom of the pile because it is hard to enforce in certain circumstances. Sad but true.
In NC, a lot depends on who you know or who your family knows. But, I find it hard to believe that the mother didn't know that he killed her. It's a single wide trailer. She would have most likely heard something at the very least.

He listed his address on one of the documents he gave to the media but I couldn't read it. It looked like two words with the last word "Ferry."

I believe it’s Snead Ferry which is in the same county (Onslow)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These documents state that AW's gf attacked KW in front of the 2 younger kids and that AW refused to return the children to KW after normal visitation. KW was awarded temp physical custody at this time.

Actually, the documents are the dads answer to the moms allegations. He is stating what she said and his version. He is explaining why he didn’t want to turn the younger kids over. She was not abiding by a court order. Not saying he is a saint, but I wouldn’t believe what kw said either.

So, it appears that the grandmother has trouble in her own household. WHy would they give her custody? just because she is a relative does not mean she is the best choice.
Good question.

"The boys were placed in the care of their grandmother, Kristy Woods’ mother, on Nov. 27, according to the documents, and the grandmother, whose relationship with Alex Woods is allegedly “volatile,” was told to be the sole caregiver of the boys due to concerns over the grandfather’s drinking habits. The Daily News has spoken with the grandmother who confirms she is watching the boys."
. http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171205/mariahs-father-speaks-on-cps-documents-memories-of-his-daughter

Woods said he photographed some of the paperwork CPS gave him on Friday in regards to his two sons, 5 and 10 years old, and sent it to HLN television. On Tuesday morning, Woods allowed The Daily News to photograph and review the paperwork as well. The Onslow County Department of Social Services would not verify the documents because it is a juvenile case, which is also sealed at the Onslow County Court house.
http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171205/mariahs-father-speaks-on-cps-documents-memories-of-his-daughter

What I do not understand in this case is why Dad's girlfriend didn't show up for court after KW assaulted her. CPS would have to take that seriously because they previously removed the children from her care. And CPS needs to complete an immediate assessment of AW's home so that he can regain custody of his son. It sounds like he tried to gain custody of both boys on Dec. 1 and the Court refused. And because his son doesn't like his girlfriend, perhaps moving her out of the home should be considered.

She had broken her ankle and was late. She says she called but the message didn’t get delivered. Apparently, she didn’t have an attorney.

the documents I cited (These documents state that AW's gf attacked KW in front of the 2 younger kids and that AW refused to return the children to KW after normal visitation. KW was awarded temp physical custody at this time.) are the decision from the court - the judge's orders on the emergency temp custody hearing.
Actually, the documents are the dads answer to the moms allegations. He is stating what she said and his version. He is explaining why he didn’t want to turn the younger kids over. She was not abiding by a court order. Not saying he is a saint, but I wouldn’t believe what kw said either.

Hypothetically speaking, what would happen if an older sibling reported the SA of a 3yr old sibling - say to a teacher? Does duty to report have the teacher contacting the police or child services (or both?). And then what happens? If physical evidence of that abuse isn’t present? I’ve always understood the burden of proof to be with the prosecution - but what about cases like this?

I am sure others answered by now...but I have a situation which is somewhat similar.
A friend of my daughter at school told my daughter that her dad was beating her. My daughter said every day this girl would come to school sad. I did not know this girl or her parents.
I immediately contacted the school who immediately contacted police. Columbine (HS - the shooting) is in the next county over.....anyways, every school (including elementary) has a 'resource' officer assigned to it. A cop who makes daily check ins, speaks with staff, hangs out with the kids at recess for a bit. Cops came that same morning and talked to my daughter and her friend. Now, I do not know any other specifics because of privacy....oh, that girl did not return back to the school the following year.

So where I live, if there is ANY report of any kind of abuse by ANYONE, police are called right away. Better safe than sorry.

Good question.

So am I understanding this correctly: the boys are with grandma. And grandma lives with gramps, who others have concerns about his drinking habits? But only grandma is responsible for them?

Nothing could go wrong with this situation. :notgood:

and could be why the 911 call hasn't been released. The caller was lying.

or they just flat out lied.

I agree that the info in the 911 call and initial reports from Kimrey and Woods were mostly false - even the timeline didn't make sense right off the bat.

But I should have explained better - Why report that Mariah only had on underpants when she went missing if she was dressed? Many of us had an "Ewwww" reaction when that was reported and led us to speculate that SA may have happened. So what would have been gained by lying?

What's caught my attention is the possibility that someone dressed Mariah postmortem. If she was dressed after she died then why do that and who would do that? Kimrey? I doubt it. The other lies are far easier to figure out but this one IMO is a puzzler. It kinda suggests a second person may have helped with cleanup/coverup. JMO.

ETA: I just watched the Ashleigh B interview with the sheriff. She asked him if Mariah was clothed when her body was found and the sheriff just responded "Yes, she was clothed" without offering additional information.

That could simply mean that Mariah was found still wearing her panties and nothing more so I may have drawn a false conclusion, thinking "dressed" meant, well, dressed. Ya know?

Yup - there's the alcoholism that is likely at the root of the generational abuse, addiction, denial and repression. My ex's family was like this - alcoholic grandparents on both sides. This was common after the war and the depression. Alcoholism actually changes the alleles on genes and damages generations to come, especially when they are prohibited from talking about it or acknowledging it. The sickness is making the next generation pretend it's normal.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8095394

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3968319/

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ClaireNC

"The boys were placed in the care of their grandmother, Kristy Woods’ mother, on Nov. 27, according to the documents, and the grandmother, whose relationship with Alex Woods is allegedly “volatile,” was told to be the sole caregiver of the boys due to concerns over the grandfather’s drinking habits. The Daily News has spoken with the grandmother who confirms she is watching the boys.". http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171205/...f-his-daughter
So, it appears that the grandmother has trouble in her own household. WHy would they give her custody? just because she is a relative does not mean she is the best choice.

That's my understanding of it.

If you read all of it, AW states that the oldest is his too. He just had the two younger ones temporarily because mommy dearest was not abiding by a court order and making sure the kids were supervised.

So am I understanding this correctly: the boys are with grandma. And grandma lives with gramps, who others have concerns about his drinking habits? But only grandma is responsible for them?

I give up even trying to make sense out of any of this.

My bro in law lives in TX which is a mom's state and has run into wall after wall after wall. Has spent thousands to no avail. His ex has borderline personality disorder, doesn't take meds, and without a lawyer he cant access her mental health records. That and she was diagnosed in South Africa where she is originally from. Ex's mother also knows how insane she is but won't testify against her in court [emoji35]. He got temp full custody last year for a year after an incident where his ex passed out from drugs or drinking too much and looked promising but ultimately my niece ended up back with her. They do have joint custody but she is uber crazy. Tried to kill him with a knife once even and he always wears a voice recorder at custody exchanges. That's how bad it can be in a mom state. So don't judge the guy on his efforts in that department. As bad as it sounds At some point you just have to accept your defeats. And it certainly sounds like he kept calling and calling CPS. he may not be perfect but he obviously cares.

OMG. who are you? just kidding.
i say that because my brother is just outside of dallas (but not dallas county) and his ex (and her new husband) will NOT allow him to see my niece. he is suppose to have her a few days a week - but they have literally cut off all available contact between my brother and niece. the niece is very smart and knows what has been going on (she is 17, 18 next year). my brother makes sure when he does get to see her (its been almost a year now) that no matter what he loves her and is always there 24/7). the ex has got some kind of personality disorder and the new husband is super controlling and acts like my niece is his! they monitor all her phone/computer activity and if she tries to reach out to my brother - she gets grounded. if he shows up on their property, they call police.

police wont/cant do anything. they say to file a missing child report and take it to court. my brother is not rich and cannot to file a report EVERY WEEK and go to court EVERY WEEK. he was also worried about her having to sit in court everytime. so he writes to her every week. keeps it with him. and when she turns 18, she will leave her mom and go live with my brother, his wife and their 2 little girls.

the courts and police will NOT side w/ my brother - even though he has no negative history and has had this professional job for years - and a many of his friends are cops and feds and vouch for his character.

(thats the short, non-detailed version. ugh) Im not even allowed to talk to my niece.

right. nothing went wrong the first time they were parents, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member