Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #8 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am leaning toward Mariah being abused, possibly in several ways, but not killed intentionally, i.e as in one or the other decided to kill her. She may have been found dead of injuries one or both caused, for example. I am guessing that crime techs may have found a quantity of blood since they believed she was deceased before she was found. I am really concerned as to whether the truth can be determined from this pair.

Your post reminded me of another question so just jumping off from it: Did LE ever declare an actual crime scene? I know the trailer was roped off for a while and the home where the dressers were taken was investigated too but I don't recall any mention of where Mariah was killed other than the warrant stating that Kimrey moved her body after she died.

Any thoughts? Since everything from the 911 call to the search warrants appear to be sealed I guess it's all speculation but it seems to me that the home would be the first place to consider, followed by the empty house. I don't even know if any vehicles were seized. Sigh. I also don't remember seeing pics of the forensics team carrying evidence bags from either place though I may have missed it.

Her body was found in a neighboring county. The search warrants are sealed so they may have seized the vehicles. All we are really left with are the CPS report and father's accusations of past history.

At this point I'm assuming that Mariah was killed close to home and transported the 25 miles to where her body was found. I doubt she was taken 25 miles to the creek and killed there. JMO.

Yes. I understand that. I’m not implying that she was killed at the creek. I was simply asking if they have released any information on as to how they KNEW they were looking for a deceased child and if they had in fact found a crime scene at the residence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am leaning more and more towards KW involvement. There appears to be certain disordered personality traits in her behavior, including her attitude towards her daughter. NG had an expert on who mentioned that the mother sometimes gets power from offering her children to her partner (totally sick, of course). It could be that the issues surrounding Mariah were threatening to KW. There could have been sexual jealousy and/or resentment at the attention directed towards Mariah resulting from the custody battle, Mariah's medical needs, CPS cases regarding abuse, etc. It is often an abusive male who will murder a child to get back at his ex, but maybe KW took on that role here. Repetitive physical abuse is an intention to harm, even to kill when an adult is abusing a child, just based on size and strength difference. It's like doing lethal drugs - on some level you are ok with it if you OD and die, even if you aren't explicitly intending to kill yourself.

I am leaning toward Mariah being abused, possibly in several ways, but not killed intentionally, i.e as in one or the other decided to kill her. She may have been found dead of injuries one or both caused, for example. I am guessing that crime techs may have found a quantity of blood since they believed she was deceased before she was found. I am really concerned as to whether the truth can be determined from this pair.

Your post reminded me of another question so just jumping off from it: Did LE ever declare an actual crime scene? I know the trailer was roped off for a while and the home where the dressers were taken was investigated too but I don't recall any mention of where Mariah was killed other than the warrant stating that Kimrey moved her body after she died.

Any thoughts? Since everything from the 911 call to the search warrants appear to be sealed I guess it's all speculation but it seems to me that the home would be the first place to consider, followed by the empty house. I don't even know if any vehicles were seized. Sigh. I also don't remember seeing pics of the forensics team carrying evidence bags from either place though I may have missed it.

This is what I was trying to put into words. Basically, did they find a crime scene. Thanks

they must have, bc they found enough evidence to ascertain that Mariah was no longer alive. I mean, what kind of evidence tells you that with no body?

This is what I was trying to put into words. Basically, did they find a crime scene. Thanks

I am leaning toward Mariah being abused, possibly in several ways, but not killed intentionally, i.e as in one or the other decided to kill her. She may have been found dead of injuries one or both caused, for example. I am S
guessing that crime techs may have found a quantity of blood since they believed she was deceased before she was found. I am really concerned as to whether the truth can be determined from this pair.
I
A three year old can be killed by being abused and it is not murder? I didn't want to kill her, I just wanted to have sex with her. For goodness sake, this is a toddler.

Yes. I understand that. I’m not implying that she was killed at the creek. I was simply asking if they have released any information on as to how they KNEW they were looking for a deceased child and if they had in fact found a crime scene at the residence.

LE has been pretty silent but I think it is more likely they used Cell Phone GPS tracking to find the location of the body.One tactic they might be using now is to cut a deal with EK to testify against KW. She sounds as though she has a very hot temper.

Was gone today, and missed the entirety of Thread #7. No way will I be able to catch up, so I'm going to lurk for a while to figure out where things stand.

Would like to know where the discussion of the floor-plan of the family singlewide trailer ended up. Do we have a better idea now? Should I keep searching, or has a floorplan been found?

And has there been a discussion about the older boy's restriction from younger siblings due to his own exposure to SA? If there has, and someone could point me in the general direction of where I might find that, I would be very grateful.

I don't recall any further discussion of the floor-plan. Discussion of SA in general has dwindled away - I think it got to be too much for people.

Jmo

I also think they must have found a quantity of blood, which really disturbs me about the COD.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by cluciano63
I am leaning toward Mariah being abused, possibly in several ways, but not killed intentionally, i.e as in one or the other decided to kill her. She may have been found dead of injuries one or both caused, for example. I am S

guessing that crime techs may have found a quantity of blood since they believed she was deceased before she was found. I am really concerned as to whether the truth can be determined from this pair.
I
A three year old can be killed by being abused and it is not murder? I didn't want to kill her, I just wanted to have sex with her. For goodness sake, this is a toddler.

I am leaning more and more towards KW involvement. There appears to be certain disordered personality traits in her behavior, including her attitude towards her daughter. NG had an expert on who mentioned that the mother sometimes gets power from offering her children to her partner (totally sick, of course). It could be that the issues surrounding Mariah were threatening to KW. There could have been sexual jealousy and/or resentment at the attention directed towards Mariah resulting from the custody battle, Mariah's medical needs, CPS cases regarding abuse, etc. It is often an abusive male who will murder a child to get back at his ex, but maybe KW took on that role here. Repetitive physical abuse is an intention to harm, even to kill when an adult is abusing a child, just based on size and strength difference. It's like doing lethal drugs - on some level you are ok with it if you OD and die, even if you aren't explicitly intending to kill yourself.

I think there is plenty of research to support that child abuse/homicide is often a form of retaliation against the other parent. Because of the custody battle and the fact that both parents now have live-in partners--and KW and the gf had a history of violent altercation in front of the children--all four must be fully investigated and cleared by LE. That could take some time to do. Right now all the public finger-pointing has come from AW and gf. They are inviting closer scrutiny.

Man accused of moving the body of 3-year-old Mariah Woods held on $1 million bail
By M.L. NESTEL
Dec 4, 2017

Earl Kimrey, the man charged with withholding information from North Carolina investigators who were searching for 3-year-old Mariah Woods, appeared before a North Carolina judge on Monday. Mariah was found dead over the weekend in a creek after an extensive search that included FBI officials.

Kimrey, the 32-year-old live-in boyfriend of Mariah's mother, Kristy Woods, answered all of the judge's questions and was held in the Onslow County Detention Center on $1 million bail. His next court appearance is Dec. 18.

Documents: Missing toddler sexually abused

The document lists several acts of abuse, including accusing Adolphus Earl Kimrey of hitting the boys with a belt and one of them in the face, causing a nosebleed, and sexual abuse against 3-year-old Mariah.

One of the brothers said Kristy Woods, the children’s mother, knew of the sexual abuse and that she allegedly “failed to protect the juveniles from exposure to sexual abuse,” according to the document.

YouTube Video

As per Tricia the mother is no longer considered a victim and we are allowing discussion of the YouTube video. "The tooth paste is out of the tube" so to speak.

That being said, NO name calling or descriptive posts wishing her the torture chamber or along those lines. Websleuths does not roll like that. PERIOD.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation on this.
What video is this? I get an error message when trying to open it, is there another link? TIA

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

I

I think the poster means it’s possible that it was not premeditated murder in their opinion. If a death occurs during the commission of certain felonies, it’s felony murder in most states (the exact included felonies are specified by the state).

I know what you mean that it doesn’t really matter, but just in terms of what led to this horrible murder you can have something pre-planned or something that wasn’t intentional (though maybe foreseeable to any rational person!)

And to me, you get these boys, who were not killed, but beaten and grow up angry and take it to the next generation.

Oh yes!! That is very much the cycle of dysfunction! Mentions that in the article at some point. That that is one reason these men abuse. Had experienced abuse themselves and had never been treated. Getting that treatment is critical. Wherever the boys end up they MUST have therapy for PTSD and breaking the abuse cycle. This is my only concern with AW and HC getting the boys, is them providing access to sufficient abs *good* therapy due to financial limitations. (with some exceptions of a well run local agency and a well trained social worker the free stuff from CPS just doesn't get it done)

Agreed! I fully believe that in some sort of rage, whether drug induced or otherwise the abuse she endured this time was more than her body could handle. Def don't think it was premeditated. An article I posted a few posts back (sorry don't have post # and posted link from computer so don't have now) discusses a few cases where there wasn't premeditated just a result of the abuse.

[FONT=&quot]As of Tuesday, there were no additional charges or persons charges in Mariah’s case, Onslow County Sheriff Hans Miller confirmed.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]It’s still a very active case, he said, and although the autopsy is now completed, he’s still waiting on test results. However, he said he could not comment on whether he believes a murder charge would be forthcoming this week.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“We’re not ruling out anything,” Miller said. “We go where the evidence takes us.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Maj. Chris Thomas with the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office said the courts have sealed the 9-1-1 phone call and search warrants pertaining to Mariah’s case due to the ongoing investigation and that it’s possible they won’t be released until the trial.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Amanda Martin, general counsel for the North Carolina Press Association, said the court is allowed to seal documents with a motion from the court, which is typically added into court documents in the “shuck” at the courthouse. The shuck is an envelope with all paperwork from a case included, but The Daily News did not find motions in the court documents and has reached out to District Attorney Ernie Lee for a copy of those motions.[/FONT]

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171205/mariahs-father-speaks-on-cps-documents-memories-of-his-daughter

I

Not saying it is my opinion that it might not be murder as such...but that it could be difficult to prove that killing her was the purpose, or that it was premeditated to be first degree. Just worried that the necessary proof of murder vs. manslaughter or criminal negligence etc...jmo

I

Woh! We don't know the COD yet so we don't know if any kind of sexual act caused her death. We do have information saying that the bf did put his penis in her mouth, but was it that day/night that she died the brother is talking about?
It's disgusting no matter when it happened, but is that what led to her death?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME