Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #8 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is plenty of research to support that child abuse/homicide is often a form of retaliation against the other parent. Because of the custody battle and the fact that both parents now have live-in partners--and KW and the gf had a history of violent altercation in front of the children--all four must be fully investigated and cleared by LE. That could take some time to do. Right now all the public finger-pointing has come from AW and gf. They are inviting closer scrutiny.

dad and his finance HAVE BEEN CLEARED.

I wanted to bring up the dressers again in a way I don't think we discussed before. EK's arrest warrant charges him with breaking into a specific address and stealing 2 dressers with a value of $40. Searching NC public records, the owner of the property lives in Alaska. It looks like it was inherited, not purchased. MSM posted pictures of the property and it looks truly abandoned - it's completely overgrown with vegetation and there are things all around. I don't have the article handy but they described it as completely abandoned with various things thrown throughout the house.

How did LE know the dressers came from that house? Before looking up the property records, I assumed it was "abandoned" but by someone who lives in the area who would know what was in the house and could identify property taken from it. But if the owner is in Alaska, I doubt they know exactly what was in the house on Friday but not on Sunday. Know what I mean? Maybe LE showed or sent pictures of the dressers to everyone in the neighborhood to ask if they were missing a pair of dressers? Still, that seems like a lot of work if it was not connected in some way to the murder. Another possibility is if the dressers were labeled in some way with the address. I'm not sure anyone would actually do that but maybe? Maybe someone saw him carrying the dressers out? Or caught on security camera footage? Just thinking out loud here.
Something else that struck me was the charge of breaking & entering. I don't think the place had been locked or otherwise secured in a long time. IIRC there was an article from Sat Dec 2 (?) that showed doors standing open, papers & junk strewn about, & other general nastiness that would seem to indicate the home had been repeatedly looted.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Something else that struck me was the charge of breaking & entering. I don't think the place had been locked or otherwise secured in a long time. IIRC there was an article from Sat Dec 2 (?) that showed doors standing open, papers & junk strewn about, & other general nastiness that would seem to indicate the home had been repeatedly looted.

Any thoughts?

Even if the doors werent locked its not his property to walk into. I am sure that the house is probably one that is frequented by druggies but the cops added it as a charge to keep him. JMO

I'm not finding anything where the grandmother said that. Can you find a link for it?

I can't find it now, but I am sure I read it in one of the interviews. I made note of it because i know someone who has Turner Syndrome.

BBM

I also sat through every single minute of that trial. Hubby and I both did. He always thought she would be found guilty, but I never did. At the end he said "is that all the evidence they have against her?". During the deliberations we both knew there just was not enough evidence to prove she killed Caylee and the verdict would come back not guilty.

I trust the justice system. In no way do I think that jury came back with a not guilty just because they were exhausted and tired of being sequestered. If I had been on that jury and saw the evidence they had I would have also came back with a not guilty verdict no matter how much I may have wanted to send her to prison. The evidence just was not there to prove her guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. You cannot allow your personal feelings about the defendant or what you think happened to influence your verdict. Only the evidence can be considered.

I always felt she was guilty but that the prosecution didn't put on a good case for guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Then, after all was said and done our very own websleuther AZlawyer cracked the case!

dad and his finance HAVE BEEN CLEARED.
Has that been verified? I know AW said LE told them they had been cleared, but has it been reported elsewhere? (I don't think they had anything to do with it either MHO)

I wanted to bring up the dressers again in a way I don't think we discussed before. EK's arrest warrant charges him with breaking into a specific address and stealing 2 dressers with a value of $40. Searching NC public records, the owner of the property lives in Alaska. It looks like it was inherited, not purchased. MSM posted pictures of the property and it looks truly abandoned - it's completely overgrown with vegetation and there are things all around. I don't have the article handy but they described it as completely abandoned with various things thrown throughout the house.

How did LE know the dressers came from that house? Before looking up the property records, I assumed it was "abandoned" but by someone who lives in the area who would know what was in the house and could identify property taken from it. But if the owner is in Alaska, I doubt they know exactly what was in the house on Friday but not on Sunday. Know what I mean? Maybe LE showed or sent pictures of the dressers to everyone in the neighborhood to ask if they were missing a pair of dressers? Still, that seems like a lot of work if it was not connected in some way to the murder. Another possibility is if the dressers were labeled in some way with the address. I'm not sure anyone would actually do that but maybe? Maybe someone saw him carrying the dressers out? Or caught on security camera footage? Just thinking out loud here.

IMO, EK told the police he stole the dressers, I also think he told them where to find Mariah as well.

Even if the doors werent locked its not his property to walk into. I am sure that the house is probably one that is frequented by druggies but the cops added it as a charge to keep him. JMO

A couple of weeks earlier KW had posted looking for a couple of dressers. I wonder if EK went to get her the dressers that night, after /Mariah was deceased, to try to make KW feel better or somehow make up with her.

My 11yo *thinks* she knows about drugs, from our talks, school anti-drug campaigns, etc, but I'm certain she'd never be able to accurately identify specific drugs. She could probably say pot was a plant that people smoked, or that people on meth were usually dirty with lots of sores.

NOT saying I don't believe sons statements, but I'm wondering if the types of drugs he said were used are correct. Could have been "pot, meth, & heroin" were the 3 particular drug names that came to mind. Just a possibility, JMO

You know that really stood out to me, though. I know a lot about drugs because of the way and the things I grew up around. I'm sure I know so much that people who don't know me look at me sideways. Lol.

But my thoughts were that he either described them and identified them using pictures or that he actually knew what they were. Either is heartbreaking. He shouldn't know anything about them except "say no thank you". At his age his thoughts should be bicycles, catching frogs and playing video games.

It is hard to make sense of all the leaked docs. From what I gather these are the unsubstantiated claims made by the bio dad. So if the kids were able to describe the drugs or how they were consumed or the actions they witnessed, Dad might've labeled them properly on the report. I really thought it said something about EKs known drug use per KW consisting of pot, heroin and meth. I'd have to see it again.

So. My personal story is that I reported to DCFS that my son's father had broken my arm. The lady took my statement. I could see my young self offering up that the man was known to me to use Heroin, Cocaine, Pot and Meth. In reality he was a recovered/ing H addict and I had not, to my knowledge, ever witnessed him using or under the influence. I witnessed some cocaine use early in our relationship (up to 2-3 years prior) and while I railed against it and him for using it at first, I later used it with him on at least one occasion. We both were daily pot smokers. One time, and only one time that I was ever aware of, in the prior year, when we were out of pot, he got his hands on some "high speed chicken feed" as he called it. I understood it to be meth. He did it without telling me and I could tell he was on some upper of some sort. He refused to share (bless his heart in hindsight). I don't know if I did report some or any drug use at the time, but I'm throwing this out there to show that saying a person is "known to use" something doesn't mean they are a hardcore user.

I remember when the lady came back a day or two later. "You told me he broke your arm", she said. "He did", I said, indignant. "You didn't tell me he pushed you and it broke when you fell.". Well, yeah, that's how it happened. I hadn't been deliberately deceitful. She must not have asked for details (I know I didn't lie and say he grabbed me when he didn't). I have been very careful ever since to refer to the time my arm broke during an argument, not the time he broke my arm. The case came back unsubstantiated in family court. Criminal charges went forward for the broken arm. They tried to make a felony stick, but since the 1 year old was in his crib for the physical part, and did not witnessed it, it remained a misdemeanor offense. He pled guilty and got probation. The judge ordered no contact for a year. I wrote the judge a 4 page letter begging for it to be lifted. The court did lift the no contact order, but then the stars aligned and he didn't pursue contact after that. I got better for my kiddo with lots of family support and that now seems like a different lifetime (and it was, in fact many many years ago).

But it all happened within a few miles of where Mariah lived her short little life.

Haleigh Cummings was diagnosed with Turner's Syndrome. THere is info here about it: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cummings_haleigh.html Turner Syndrome is a genetic disorder in 1/2500 female births. Features include restricted growth of long bones and ovaries, heart defects and vision problems, multiple birthmarks, and swollen fingers and toes. Most with Turner's Syndrome do not grow past 4.5 feet. (after reading this, I wonder if little Sherin Mathews had this?)

I have been able to find no reference to Mariah having Turner's Syndrome, and it is not in boys, so her brothers wouldn't have had it....

You could be right. I can't find it now either. I was reading both the interviews on Mariah and Haleigh at the time. Maybe I confused them. If so I am very sorry for putting false information out there.

My 11yo *thinks* she knows about drugs, from our talks, school anti-drug campaigns, etc, but I'm certain she'd never be able to accurately identify specific drugs. She could probably say pot was a plant that people smoked, or that people on meth were usually dirty with lots of sores.

NOT saying I don't believe sons statements, but I'm wondering if the types of drugs he said were used are correct. Could have been "pot, meth, & heroin" were the 3 particular drug names that came to mind. Just a possibility, JMO

I doubt that proper names of drugs were used. I'm thinking more that a child might be asked to describe their observations of the drug use and then the person they're talking to would translate that into a proper name for a drug as part of their description of the allegations of what is going on in the home. I think most drug users use street names for drugs, I don't think a child would hear someone say, "I'm going out to get some heroin", but they might be able to describe someone in the home smoking a funny cigarette and maybe describe the appearance of what was put into the funny cigarette.

Only people who live right there in town near the bank will contribute there in most cases. Online contributions are much easier for most people. So many people I know don't even keep envelopes and stamps on hand anymore because everything can be done online.

At any rate, if you are correct that 400 is a lot for that area, then that still kind of points to the unlikelihood of some big donor paying for his lawyer. It's possible, but I doubt it. And Gitana can speak to how much would get him how far.

I'm just weighing the likelihood of this at this point, and I don't find anything that points to it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

People from anywhere can call the bank that has the account for Mariah's family and transfer money from their own account into it.

Trying to catch up. It's horrible to think there are so many children being murdered that you can't keep up. Plus dealing with my husband recovering from surgery. I suddenly have a 6th child but he is a man/child lol. I am very behind on this sweet child. If anyone can summarize key elements from the last week I would be so appreciative!!!! Grouchy mom? Anyone? :tyou:

IMO, EK told the police he stole the dressers, I also think he told them where to find Mariah as well.

I think EW told them he stole the dressers and where he stole them from. It was all part of their plan. He would much rather be charged with stealing a 40 dresser than murder.

A ten year old living in those circumstances would know which drugs were which, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he had actually used them.

I work in Corrections and Addiction Recovery and you wouldn't believe how many people's first use was due to a parent providing and encouraging it.

You know that really stood out to me, though. I know a lot about drugs because of the way and the things I grew up around. I'm sure I know so much that people who don't know me look at me sideways. Lol.

But my thoughts were that he either described them and identified them using pictures or that he actually knew what they were. Either is heartbreaking. He shouldn't know anything about them except "say no thank you". At his age his thoughts should be bicycles, catching frogs and playing video games.

Yes or a child his age to be able to say that it was heroin, I would imagine that he described how he knew....like a needle or whatever

Its my sincere belief that he willingly offered that information to the law. I also tend to believe that was his flimsy alibi. "I couldn't have killed her. I was stealing dressers. I wouldn't admit to something illegal unless I really did it so I'm believable."

a ten year old living in those circumstances would know which drugs were which, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he had actually used them.

I work in corrections and addiction recovery and you wouldn't believe how many people's first use was due to a parent providing and encouraging it.

barf!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members