Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #9 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just one example: Would a $4,000 - $7,000 retainer fee stand between you and your 3 children whom are being sexually and physically abused?

I wonder....how many people have 4-7k$ at their fingertips? Or have relatives to help out or have the credit necessary to just go get a loan and then income to make payments. That is a lot of money.

I believe the dad when he says he could not afford to get an attorney. All of these people seem very low income and not very educated. I cannot believe that if he could actually come up with the $$, he would not have done so.

I absolutely refuse to agree (at this time and until something shows differently) that the father failed this child. I have yet to see any evidence of this. (and I tend to be the first to start blaming all the parents - Im THAT jaded)

But to answer the question....If I did not have that kind of $$, I probably would end up in jail attempting to get my kids away from that kind of environment.... which would certainly not help my kids.

I've also been curious about what brought LE to the place where Mariah was actually found. (Mostly wondering if it was tips/sightings of the vehicle from uninvolved witnesses, a person who actually knew and finally caved, or evidence)

If I recall correctly, LE was searching two different areas that day, correct? And other areas were searched before heading the 20-25 miles to the neighboring county she was found.

Not an outdoorsy person or very knowledgeable about nature: is there some type of evidence (mud/tree leaves or branches/something from the water etc) that could have brought LE specifically to that area/those 2 spots that day? Something that could only have come from that specific place?

BBM

How would you like to face one of these people and not be allowed to defend yourself? I wonder, would you just stand there and meekly allow them to hurt or kill you? Or would you pull the weapon that you have been trained to use and use it to defend yourself from harm?

I hope i never have to find out actually. I'm not saying people shouldn't defend themselves against a direct threat, and that goes for anyone, not just LE.

I wonder....how many people have 4-7k$ at their fingertips? Or have relatives to help out or have the credit necessary to just go get a loan and then income to make payments. That is a lot of money.

I believe the dad when he says he could not afford to get an attorney. All of these people seem very low income and not very educated. I cannot believe that if he could actually come up with the $$, he would not have done so.

I absolutely refuse to agree (at this time and until something shows differently) that the father failed this child. I have yet to see any evidence of this. (and I tend to be the first to start blaming all the parents - Im THAT jaded)

But to answer the question....If I did not have that kind of $$, I probably would end up in jail attempting to get my kids away from that kind of environment.... which would certainly not help my kids.

I agree, a lot of people live paycheck to paycheck with very little if any savings.

This is not directed at any one person, but last night I tried to catch up on the thread on the car ride between family events and I was shocked at how much at least the last half of the previous thread and all of this thread were almost entirely focused on the father, AW, who is
the one person who clearly had zero to do with Mariah's death,
has not been accused of any abuse against his children that I am aware of,

who doesn't even appear to have had any physical altercations with EK or KW during the custody issues in the past,
who has expressed a desire to ease a custody transition of the boys back to him,
who tried to get custody of his kids previously,
Etc...
Instead of on those who were directly involved with Mariah's death or who were still involved with the children to an extent that they should have known some wasn't right (like grandparents who took them to church every Sunday).

Again, I don't claim that he is father of the year material, but he is currently more under a microscope here in this thread than the other adults and has received more criticism in the last few days than them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Im actually DISGUSTED by it and would block all those engaging in it; but then the 'conversation' gets all confusing. I have nearly come to an end even reading this. I come just to see if there is a legit update.

Sorry, it was late, I meant KW (mom). That's why I've been trying to just use mom, Dad, and EK. lol After I signed off, I asked my better half, if he would help me get rid of of a body? He kinda laughed and said, well, I dunno, it's considering the circumstances. lol I then, went on to give him this scenario: What if, you were living with someone, that you cared about, and you come home, and there is a deceased three year old in the home. She could have accidentally died, or been deliberately killed. If, said love of your life, asked you to take the little three year old, and put her body in a river, and pretend she'd been kidnapped, could you, or would you, do it? Even if it meant not doing it, would cause a lot of trouble? His answer? "NO. I would not do something like that." Not even a hesitation. However, although I call us dysfunctional, and we are to some extent, we don't even register on the meter compared to this family.

Oh, I understand completely! It's just that I get so far behind I'm always afraid something new has happened, or someone is new on the scene that I'm not aware of yet.

That's why I asked about it. Didn't mean to put you on the spot! So sorry!

I agree with you about your post. My husband said the same thing when I painted the scenario for him.

Nope, I'd be all on my own. He wouldn't take the fall for anything like that. In fact, I truly believe he'd call the police himself right then and there.

As you say, I think we're fairly representative too of how ordinary people would react in such an extraordinary situation.

Thanks for your explanation...

JMO

Sorry, it was late, I meant KW (mom). That's why I've been trying to just use mom, Dad, and EK. lol After I signed off, I asked my better half, if he would help me get rid of of a body? He kinda laughed and said, well, I dunno, it's considering the circumstances. lol I then, went on to give him this scenario: What if, you were living with someone, that you cared about, and you come home, and there is a deceased three year old in the home. She could have accidentally died, or been deliberately killed. If, said love of your life, asked you to take the little three year old, and put her body in a river, and pretend she'd been kidnapped, could you, or would you, do it? Even if it meant not doing it, would cause a lot of trouble? His answer? "NO. I would not do something like that." Not even a hesitation. However, although I call us dysfunctional, and we are to some extent, we don't even register on the meter compared to this family.

If I asked hubby to dispose of a body for me, he would first call the police, then call a good psychiatrist for me.

If your truly love someone, truly love your family, you would never, ever ask them to do something for you that might cause them harm later or cause them to go to jail.

Oh, I understand completely! It's just that I get so far behind I'm always afraid something new has happened, or someone is new on the scene that I'm not aware of yet.

This is what I do. It may very well sound stupid...but things fly fast here. When I have been away for a few days, I go to the very last page and read what people are talking about. I can usually tell if there is a legit update. If there seems to be, I go back a few pages to try and find that update and either move back or go forward. Sometimes I just cant sit and read 50 pages to get caught up.
Sometimes I can. lol

I've also been curious about what brought LE to the place where Mariah was actually found. (Mostly wondering if it was tips/sightings of the vehicle from uninvolved witnesses, a person who actually knew and finally caved, or evidence)

If I recall correctly, LE was searching two different areas that day, correct? And other areas were searched before heading the 20-25 miles to the neighboring county she was found.

Not an outdoorsy person or very knowledgeable about nature: is there some type of evidence (mud/tree leaves or branches/something from the water etc) that could have brought LE specifically to that area/those 2 spots that day? Something that could only have come from that specific place?

Didn't LE find Mariah very soon after they took EK into custody? I think he told them exactly where she was IMO.

You know, I watch video after video of police shootings on the news. I hear the officer shout "get on the ground, get on the ground". I see the suspect just stand there. Or try to run. I hear the officer shout "put your hands behind your head, put your hands behind your head" I see the suspect reach behind their back, inside their jacket, pants pocket, shirt pocket, and their hands are everywhere except behind their head.

Did it ever occur to anyone that if the person had simply did what the police officer told them they would not have been shot? That if the suspect had just dropped to the ground, just put their hands behind their head, not try to run, not try to fight the officers, not try to argue with the officer, but just simply do what they were told to do, that they would still be alive?

When are we as a society going to start holding people responsible for their own actions? When are we going to say "obey the officer, if you do not obey the officer you might be shot, and if you are shot then it is your fault because you refused to follow simple instructions".

When are we, as a society going to realize that our law enforcement officers are not mind readers and have absolutely no way of knowing what a suspect is reaching into their pocket for, why they are reaching into their car, why the are reaching behind their back?

When are we going to say enough. We hired these law officers to do a job, a very dangerous job. But yet we do not expect them to be afraid of that one idiot who will pull a gun or a knife or a ball bat and try to kill them. Enough is enough. Police officers have the will to survive just like all the rest of us do. Yet we send them out day after day to keep our streets safe and expect them to not defend themselves and just lay down and die if a suspect reaches for a weapon.

OT/ I understand this, and for the most part, agree. I've seen the Dinkheller video. They can't wait. I have a child with a hearing impairment, so I fear for that child. When this kid would come into the county to see me, it was almost assured they pulled him over, and then tear his car apart, b/c they can since this kid's on probation. He's been beaten already, just for the cop's fun, and entertainment. The cop's sidekick just stood by and did nothing. Same cop was caught on camera doing the same to someone else, days later, but, just got moved to another region... So, yeah, bad cops exist. I ran into Walking Smalls when I was young. I just stood and bit my tongue. I'm respectful, and pleasant, b/c you catch more flies with honey, but I don't trust most of them as far as I can throw them.

It's appalling, and flat out disgusting. Those of us that pointed out KW's Susan Smith fake tears early on got ripped on, and skewered, and now AW is getting thrown under the bus.
SMH

IIRC, early on, she was considered a victim, per WS TOS. We have to tread lightly at that point.

That is all well and good, but there have been quite a few people that have been mentally ill that have been killed by LE. And others that are sky high on drugs as well and acting crazy. I think most of LE would be aware of just how dangerous a job they are signing up for when they apply to become an LE person. It's like someone enlisting in the military it sure isn't to go on a picnic. And none of those jobs are easy but they are what they are. They are agents of the Govt.
I guess without police we would have to police ourselves, and don't know how that would work out.

I remember the buck naked dude who was shot dead in front of the precinct. Unless he had a gun in a body cavity, I'm not seeing that one.

That could be right...don't know anything about him except for the drinking
We don't know that he's the drinker. It could be the step granddad.

I realize a lot of people here (the majority actually) did not/do not share my opinion on that. And that is okay, I still respect those opinions.

I've been poor. You know that saying "didn't have two dimes to rub together?" There was a period of time I barely had two pennies to rub together.
I would have used those weekends I wasn't being allowed by the other parent to have my kids to get a second job and save up. Even at minimum wage, 16 months of weekend work would really help financially aid someone who is afraid their children are being harmed.

But, I also wouldn't choose a boyfriend with a past like EKs. Nor would I live with a drug user or stay with someone who ever even threatened to lay a hand on children and is unemployed A lot of the adults here seem to do things that don't make much sense to me, which is why I have a really hard time trying to make sense of what actually happened that day and the days/weeks/months prior to Mariah's death.

We're getting a little off-track again regarding violence against the police and police violence.

Nancy Grace podcast December 4th, (two days after Mariah's body was recovered)

part transcribed:

AW: It was all a lie, her daddy, Kristy's dad said that they didn't get home until about midnight that night, and Earl took her body at some point after that and drove her body down to Maple Hill where she was found and dumped her.

interruption

..home from Raleigh where Earl and Kristy was visiting Earl's family. All this came from Vance, Kristy's daddy.

HC: ...woke up crying. Kristy told Earl to go take care of, to go get Mariah.

We have a mutual friend who works for Vance, which is Kristy's father, he called us crying the day they found out Mariah was missing and they were out looking for her, he called us crying saying he knows what happened, so he called Vance, put Vance on speakerphone. Vance however did not know that Alex and I were at Scott's house cause he was talking about it but we heard the conversation, cause Scott was like now you know asking him.

And Vance was saying that someone that was inside the home had told him what had happened, and he was like they're not gonna find Mariah, that they need to be looking around Maple Hill, and like around those trails and stuff and then like around the Maple Hill area and Scott's like have you reported this? And he said that he did tell a detective that. Well I also told a detective that too, before they even found her, cause I told them that this is what ...(interrupted)

Vance said that what was put to him is like when they got home around 11:30 near 12 midnight they put Mariah to bed, she woke up crying, that Kristy told Earl to go handle Mariah. They're trying to say that Earl got mad, and hit Mariah, and that one either Earl or Kris.., one or other of them, the mother or the mother's boyfriend hit Mariah, now they said that they don't know for sure as like they really, like they think it's like an accident you know that's how he's explaining it, you know I think they just thought you know they didn't mean to kill her, they didn't even know that really if she's dead, but they just panicked and Kristy told Earl to go get rid of her pretty much, dispose of her, hide her, or else they're all gonna get in trouble.

And that's how..what happened and then that's when Vance said they're not even gonna find that baby around in the woods, they're gonna find her up in Maple Hill and they need to be searching around Maple Hill, and that's where they found her.

Didn't LE find Mariah very soon after they took EK into custody? I think he told them exactly where she was IMO.

Yes, I think it was the very next day. I think EK was arrested Dec 1 and Mariah was found Dec 2nd. (Is that right?)

But why search two places if he told them exactly where she was? Or am I incorrect and they were not searching two different locations that day?

There are always two sides to the story in any divorce, in any custody dispute. Generally, these things are contentious rather than not. AW has opted to release CPS and custody docs from the custody case between KW and AW. That may have been his prerogative but it really served to muddy the waters here at WS.

Those docs can be found in MSM HERE (they are also on some non-MSM sites but those should not be linked at WS). Some docs are handwritten and are difficult to decipher - meaning their content can be interpreted several ways. In addition, the content is allegations and not something that can be verified. Lastly, the docs concern living minor children. That means that we at WS want to try to protect those innocent children who continue to be affected by the release of these docs.

We can't unsee them, we can't unknow them. WHAT CAN WE DO?

THIS: Stop arguing over whether dad, AW, coulda shoulda done more or done differently. JUST PLAIN STOP IT. do not call any names, do not suggest that AW is somehow complicit or responsible for Mariah's death or "let her down". Those type of comments are hurtful and serve zero purposes.

RETURN TO DISCUSSING MARIAH, THE MAN WHO IS CHARGED THUS FAR IN HER CASE AND WHETHER HE WILL FACE ADDITIONAL CHARGES IN THAT REGARD AND FINALLY, WHETHER MARIAH'S MOM, KW WILL EVENTUALLY FACE CHARGES IN MARIAH'S DEATH AND DISPOSAL.

You are welcome to feel any ole way you want about CPS, AW, his fiancee, the docs release by AW, etc. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MAKE THIS THREAD ABOUT THE PERCEIVED SHORTCOMINGS OF CPS, THE PRIOR CUSTODY DISPUTE BETWEEN MARIAH'S PARENTS OR ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE DEATH OF MARIAH WOODS AND THE FUTURE PROSECUTION OF THE PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT DEATH.

Thank you,

Websleuths Management
bump, for those who don't follow the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads