Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #9 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm....If Onslow Co Sheriff's Dept was called and not 911, was there a recording of the phone call?

I’m pretty sure there is a recording. One of the newspapers requested it but they were denied. I was curious if 911 calls were perhaps routed to Sheriff’s Dept but apparently not. Here is J’ville PD website and specific info about 911.

https://jacksonvillenc.gov/index.aspx?nid=337

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

attachment.php

She called 911 because they got a court order to seal it.

Attachments

• A4A2365C-D8ED-455F-A428-8E3093D06A2C.jpeg
    A4A2365C-D8ED-455F-A428-8E3093D06A2C.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 647
If felony child abuse charges (a class D felony) were to be filed which would include allowing another to abuses a child under the age of 16 with serious bodily injury or death since she has no prior convictions the structured sentencing range from mitigating to aggravated would be 38 - 80 months and an allowance for time served in pre-trial confinement. 3 years 2 months to 6 years 8 months. Misdemeanor child abuse would be 30 days suspended for a first time offender.

https://www.ncga.state.nc.us/enactedlegislation/statutes/html/bysection/chapter_14/gs_14-318.4.html

http://www.nccourts.org/Courts/CRS/Councils/spac/Documents/FelonyChart_1013MaxChart.pdf
Structured sentencing felony chart

https://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/statutes/statutelookup.pl?statute=14-318.2

Thanks Grouchymom, that was exactly what I was wondering.

I'm not sure what they're reasoning was for calling the Sheriff's office directly. But, I live in TN, and we live right on the county line. When we dial 911 it routes our call to the neighboring county instead of ours. So, we have a direct number we can dial to the Sheriff's office to save the time it takes to relay our needs to the one county, have them reroute our call to our county, then to retell our needs to our county dispatch. It may be similar in their area. JMOO.

I thought that was odd. Gee, let me find the phone book, or call information, or look online for the number since my child has been snatched in the night. Unless she had the sheriff's office number memorized, it seems like it would be natural to call 911...that's an emergency if I've ever heard of one!

I'm not sure what they're reasoning was for calling the Sheriff's office directly. But, I live in TN, and we live right on the county line. When we dial 911 it routes our call to the neighboring county instead of ours. So, we have a direct number we can dial to the Sheriff's office to save the time it takes to relay our needs to the one county, have them reroute our call to our county, then to retell our needs to our county dispatch. It may be similar in their area. JMOO.

I've called the sheriff's office, instead of 911. We live out in the county. It's just a brain thing with me. Not that I haven't called 911. My Dad called me to come up and help with my Mom. I knew when I saw her that an ambulance was necessary, and dialed 911. I called 911 because I equated it with an ambulance, and getting her there fast as possible. Had my Momma gone missing, I probably would have called 911, and everyone else in the book, too. However, these two knew that M was not actually "missing". In their heads, it didn't matter who they called. She wasn't going to be found, so the emergency 911 call was long past necessary. I will say, that I have the local LE, Sheriff, and ER, etc... magnetic things that has the local emergency numbers on them, and have, just called the sheriff's number, from the magnetic strip. In other words, I equate 911, more-so with an ambulance service. I hope that makes some sort of sense. :thinking:

I have this nagging thought that explains the dressers he stole..is one of them missing a drawer? that would be a perfect container to place over her and that would weigh her down..terrible to think such thoughts but she was found at the bottom of the creek.

I called the sheriff's office here in my NC county a year or so ago and it was answered by 911, "what's your emergency". I apologized profusely and said it wasn't an emergency, that I was trying to call the non-emergency line, and the woman on the line said no worries, all calls either way come into their dispatch center. News to me! According to the Jacksonville City website posted above, they do the same.

I think it's a moot point, as it's described in the court order as a 911 call, but there may be a shade of grey there. She may have called a non-911 number, and it was answered by 911 and recorded anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have this nagging thought that explains the dressers he stole..is one of them missing a drawer? that would be a perfect container to place over her and that would weigh her down..terrible to think such thoughts but she was found at the bottom of the creek.
If Mariah died earlier, I've been thinking it's possible her body was hidden in a bedroom dresser. If that is the case, clothes would have to be removed from the drawer. If she was removed from the trailer in the dresser, to dispose of the dresser too because cadaver dogs brought in might detect her scent, they would need another dresser to put in its place and to put the clothes away that had been taken out of the old dresser. It could have been two narrow dressers used to replace one wider one.

I've called the sheriff's office, instead of 911. We live out in the county. It's just a brain thing with me. Not that I haven't called 911. My Dad called me to come up and help with my Mom. I knew when I saw her that an ambulance was necessary, and dialed 911. I called 911 because I equated it with an ambulance, and getting her there fast as possible. Had my Momma gone missing, I probably would have called 911, and everyone else in the book, too. However, these two knew that M was not actually "missing". In their heads, it didn't matter who they called. She wasn't going to be found, so the emergency 911 call was long past necessary. I will say, that I have the local LE, Sheriff, and ER, etc... magnetic things that has the local emergency numbers on them, and have, just called the sheriff's number, from the magnetic strip. In other words, I equate 911, more-so with an ambulance service. I hope that makes some sort of sense. :thinking:

This makes perfect sense to me. I realize it is probably a moot point, but I'll share my story anyway.

I didn't call 911 when my arm broke in Onslow county. I was on Medicaid and some kind-hearted soul along the way made sure I new the taxpayers' money wouldn't cover an ambulance unless it was an emergency and I couldn't drive myself. I had completely snapped both the radius and ulna and my hand was at a gruesome angle. I thought about 911, but I figured since my legs weren't broken it probably wasn't an option. I could still operate the pedals and steer with one hand maybe.

I don't know if the guardian angel neighbor who randomly came home for lunch that day called 911 or the sheriff directly. I did get an ambulance ride that day. I did not receive a bill.

Good morning! Anyone else following any Facebook pages setup to discuss Mariah Woods case. The appearance of 'uneducated' (sorry for use of that word) folks, ie, misspellings, grammatical errors and name calling slander makes me appreciate fellow websleuthers and admins here!

I'm guessing he was seen, he gave the excuse that he was stealing dressers to account for being seen, not that he did it to create an alibi.

Not being a serial murderer, I doubt he felt completely casual about disposing of Mariah, making sure he wasn't stopped on the way or seen doing it, finding a place she wouldn't be found, so I don't think dressers would have been on his mind unless they were needed for a specific connected purpose. Every minute he was outside the trailer longer than necessary he risked being seen and linked to Mariah's disappearance. Assuming he had Mariah's body in the van when he went to the abandoned house, he risked being caught and the van being searched. Assuming he hadn't yet put Mariah's body in the van and he got caught at the abandoned house, he risked being arrested and leaving KW with a dead child. Assuming he had already disposed of Mariah when he went to steal the dressers he risked being caught and arrested, and the vehicle he was using being linked forensically to Mariah or linked by witness or ccctv to the location of Mariah's disposal. I have to think that the dressers were important enough to risk these things, in preference to being at home, not just a whim.

I'm guessing he was seen, he gave the excuse that he was stealing dressers to account for being seen, not that he did it to create an alibi.

Not being a serial murderer, I doubt he felt completely casual about disposing of Mariah, making sure he wasn't stopped on the way or seen doing it, finding a place she wouldn't be found, so I don't think dressers would have been on his mind unless they were needed for a specific connected purpose. Every minute he was outside the trailer longer than necessary he risked being seen and linked to Mariah's disappearance. Assuming he had Mariah's body in the van when he went to the abandoned house, he risked being caught and the van being searched. Assuming he hadn't yet put Mariah's body in the van and he got caught at the abandoned house, he risked being arrested and leaving KW with a dead child. Assuming he had already disposed of Mariah when he went to steal the dressers he risked being caught and arrested, and the vehicle he was using being linked forensically to Mariah or linked by witness or ccctv to the location of Mariah's disposal. I have to think that the dressers were important enough to risk these things, in preference to being at home, not just a whim.

I agree with you. The dressers we're probably not a premeditated alibi, but a grain of truth to keep a story moving forward. I'm not even convinced they are "dressers" not "nightstands". Like a small unit with two drawers. My significant other doesn't know a ladle from a spoon. I don't know how technical LE was being with the furniture description.

I'm so glad, in this case, they've found her and have, apparently, enough evidence to bring someone to trial and hold him responsible in some capacity. I do hope all responsible parties are held accountable eventually.

is it known for sure she was at the bottom of a creek? I had also heard in a shallow creek bed (NG).

I called the sheriff's office here in my NC county a year or so ago and it was answered by 911, "what's your emergency". I apologized profusely and said it wasn't an emergency, that I was trying to call the non-emergency line, and the woman on the line said no worries, all calls either way come into their dispatch center. News to me! According to the Jacksonville City website posted above, they do the same.

I think it's a moot point, as it's described in the court order as a 911 call, but there may be a shade of grey there. She may have called a non-911 number, and it was answered by 911 and recorded anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Also, if she was in an area where 911 calls could get routed wrong, or if it was a rural enough area that the 911 system isn't reliable, she may have thought ahead and programmed a better number into her cell phone.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Just a reminder, EK due in court on Monday, 12/18/17.

Arraigned Offenses for Case Number: 2017057545 CR
Arraigned Defendant Name: KIMREY,EARL,A
County: ONSLOW
Court Date: 12/18/2017
Session: AM
Court Room: 0001

Offense Code Description Statute
2356 Felony LARCENY AFTER BREAK/ENTER 14-72(B)(2)
2228 Felony SECOND DEGREE BURGLARY 14-51
2343 Misdemeanor POSS STOLEN GOODS/PROP (M) 14-71.1

<<

Arraigned Offenses for Case Number: 2017057544 CR
Arraigned Defendant Name: KIMREY,EARL,A
County: ONSLOW
Court Date: 12/18/2017
Session: AM
Court Room: 0001

Offense Code Description Statute
5099 COMMON LAW OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE-F COMMON LAW
0961 Felony DEST BODY/REM CONC UNNAT DEATH 14-401.22(E)

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/calendars/CriminalQuery.html

This case saddens my heart, as I know it does for everyone.

I hope that little Mariah had some love and care in her life before this happened but it's not looking that way.

Rest in peace, beautiful Angel, beautiful Mariah.

Good morning! Anyone else following any Facebook pages setup to discuss Mariah Woods case. The appearance of 'uneducated' (sorry for use of that word) folks, ie, misspellings, grammatical errors and name calling slander makes me appreciate fellow websleuthers and admins here!

I was, but ended up leaving them. All of them were full of rumours, arguing, bullying, and if someone didn't agree with a persons opinion, they would have people going into their profiles, and copying their photographs, then plastering it on Facebook. So many adults acting like children. They seem to have forgotten the reason the groups were started in the first place. I definitely prefer it here on websleuths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper