Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #9 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Four hours later in the investigation, no determination of a homicide, ie, no blood at the scene of the crime or a good cleanup by someone. Evidently nothing stood out to indicate anything other than a missing person. And now I wonder about the sniff dogs....were they sniffing for a live or dead body.

I doubt they were cadaver dogs that early in the investigation. They were probably trackers looking for a scent. Remember, the FBI didn't say anything about her being dead until Sat. Had they known earlier than Sat I don't think they would kept leading the public on, esp since they conducted a ground search with volunteers on, I believe, Thursday. If it were to come out LE knew Mariah was dead before the volunteer ground search the FBI and the local cops would lose credibility in the eyes of the public and no doubt, there would be a lot of peeved people who wasted time searching for a child that LE already knew was dead. JMO

i've wondered if the search on that Friday helped break the case, ie, start someone talking. Perhaps something along the lines... EK or KW or KW relatives...750 folks have searched this area and found nothing. Time to change your story. Where's the body? LE obviously knew more than they were saying, but had that search turned up anything, how contaminated would the evidence have been. I think a defense attorney is going to use contaminated evidence to save a murderer from the death penalty if autopsy results are inconclusive. JMO

I doubt they were cadaver dogs that early in the investigation. They were probably trackers looking for a scent. Remember, the FBI didn't say anything about her being dead until Sat. Had they known earlier than Sat I don't think they would kept leading the public on, esp since they conducted a ground search with volunteers on, I believe, Thursday. If it were to come out LE knew Mariah was dead before the volunteer ground search the FBI and the local cops would lose credibility in the eyes of the public and no doubt, there would be a lot of peeved people who wasted time searching for a child that LE already knew was dead. JMO

Knowing and suspecting are two different things. They could suspect that the parent's story was not the truth, but you cannot take the chance if the child did just wander off or if someone else abducted her.

I'm kind of wondering if she wasn't given something that caused her to die. You would think they would have a cause of death released by now and more arrests but reports I'm pretty sure still say that they are awaiting on results. To my knowledge the only results you wait on are Toxicology results since they take weeks. This article was just as recent as yesterday and it says this in it that they are still waiting on results

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171212/officials-no-new-updates-on-mariah-woods-case

ahh the ole Zanny the Nanny babysitter trick... gosh that brings back painful memories

I want to vent a little off topic on Nancy Grace. I have defended her against all the bad things my hubby has said about her. Now I feel stupid. I was listening to her podcast about Missy Bevers a murder that occurred in a church in Midlothian Texas. Well I lived there for 32 years. There is no place on earth I know better than that town. So Ms. Grace goes all out and says " I dont know how many times I have studied that ariel map of the area abouve the church and the gun store as the crow flies is what 50 yards from the church. ( Here comes the lie) if you walk back in the woods behind the gun store you arrive on church property grounds. LOL LOL The church where Missy was killed is across the highway from the Gun store. LOL If you glance at a map once you can see that easy peasy. Rant over sorry. She just told a whopper so I wonder how many locals just rolled over laughing about that one. Her guest some Larry guy had just said the location of the church and that didnt even phase her and he didnt bother to correct her. Also is there ever a show where she does not mention her dead boyfriend Keith? just wondering

Knowing and suspecting are two different things. They could suspect that the parent's story was not the truth, but you cannot take the chance if the child did just wander off or if someone else abducted her.

True, but AW seemed adamant that EK and KW hurt her. With the history and in the courts, I'm sure LE was suspicious of foul play as soon as they were aware.

Right. But that indicates to me they expect to increase the charges. We have seen high bail amounts for low bail crimes in several cases where stiffer charges were expected. Can anyone help me out and think of a recent case?
Zuzu Verk's boyfriend Fabian was charged with tampering / concealing with initial bond set at 500K. When he was indicted for murder it jumped up to 925K. In small-town west Texas, these bonds were pretty high. His buddy Estrada also got high bond amounts for assisting him. It took 5 months for initial charges and another month for the murder charge.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/zuzu-verk-case-boyfriend-indicted-in-murder-of-texas-student/

On the night before Christmas when all through the house the keyboards are clicking, the cases from Websleuths strewn all through the house.

With case upon case my poor heart does hurt, but fingers still flying in search of the truth.

When what to my weary eyes should appear but an arrest warrant so clear, I thought for a moment it must be a dream, so off to my IPad with a new head of steam.

The trees are adorned and the stockings are hung as we wait for the autopsy reports to be done.

The children have suffered and tears they fall , but we’ve no where to stop ‘til there is justice for all

Sherin was known for the milk and the tree, but jail is the new home for Wes and Sini.

Mariah the beauty smiled in her princess crown, til Momma hooked up with the scourge of the town.

Caliyah the preemie was barely a dream, but Dad’s in jail in need of a defense team.

Adrian Jones had a smile like the sun, but Dad and step-moms freedom is done.

Gabriel was to sweet for this world you see, but his killer just got the death penalty.

Sterling was starved just 7 pounds, his parents trial has yet to come round.

Bella who was known as Baby Doe, off to prison the boyfriend did go.

Adelynn got out of her seat and boyfriend of mom’s her he did beat

One baby on a trip she did go, head first in a bag and away her momma did throw

They are not all for whom our tears did fall but a few of the angels we all do recall. Too many were hurt and even more died but tales of what happened left strangers who cried.

One is too many. Will it ever end? No end is in sight we must find a way, to protect the babies each and every day. No visions of sugar plums dance though their heads just memories of pain and feelings of dread.

Sherin and Mariah, Gabriel and Adrian, Bella and Liam, Sterling and Adelynn,
Caliyah and Adaline, Teghan and so many more, off to heavens away you did fly where no one will hurt you or make you cry and strangers who love you bid you goodbye

Grouchymom

Here is yet another example of sentencing in a case involving concealment of a child’s death here in NC. The mother was sentenced a few months ago for accessory after the fact, destruction of evidence and concealment charges were dropped as part of a plea deal. She was sentenced to no less than 6 years nor no more than 8 years. The fathers info is in the link below.

warning graphic info.
http://www.wral.com/raleigh-man-pleads-guilty-to-murdering-2-year-old-son/16563235/

It is mind boggling at the number of deaths of these little ones and even more outrageous (MOO) at the almost non-existent punishment surrounding these deaths. I can't understand it! The only thing I can figure out is that perhaps LE doesn't consider these low-life cowards any danger to the public. They are only dangerous to tiny, helpless and defenseless children? And plea deals!!!!!! Don't get me started on these plea deals and the slap on the wrist following those! JMO, MOO

I have no idea if LE does this, but many times throughout this case I've thought it would be smart for LE to slip a cadaver dog in with search dogs in cases like this from the beginning so that everyone assumes they are simply tracking a missing kid. That way, they might be able to know early on if there is reason to suspect the child may be dead without the perps even realizing.

I would think they would still have to search for a child as if they were alive if this was the only evidence they turned up initially because dogs can be wrong. But it could still give LE a headstart in the case, I would think.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

On the night before Christmas when all through the house the keyboards are clicking, the cases from Websleuths strewn all through the house.

With case upon case my poor heart does hurt, but fingers still flying in search of the truth.

When what to my weary eyes should appear but an arrest warrant so clear, I thought for a moment it must be a dream, so off to my IPad with a new head of steam.

The trees are adorned and the stockings are hung as we wait for the autopsy reports to be done.

The children have suffered and tears they fall , but we’ve no where to stop ‘til there is justice for all

Sherin was known for the milk and the tree, but jail is the new home for Wes and Sini.

Mariah the beauty smiled in her princess crown, til Momma hooked up with the scourge of the town.

Caliyah the preemie was barely a dream, but Dad’s in jail in need of a defense team.

Adrian Jones had a smile like the sun, but Dad and step-moms freedom is done.

Gabriel was to sweet for this world you see, but his killer just got the death penalty.

Sterling was starved just 7 pounds, his parents trial has yet to come round.

Bella who was known as Baby Doe, off to prison the boyfriend did go.

Adelynn got out of her seat and boyfriend of mom’s her he did beat

One baby on a trip she did go, head first in a bag and away her momma did throw

They are not all for whom our tears did fall but a few of the angels we all do recall. Too many were hurt and even more died but tales of what happened left strangers who cried.

One is too many. Will it ever end? No end is in sight we must find a way, to protect the babies each and every day. No visions of sugar plums dance though their heads just memories of pain and feelings of dread.

Sherin and Mariah, Gabriel and Adrian, Bella and Liam, Sterling and Adelynn,
Caliyah and Adaline, Teghan and so many more, off to heavens away you did fly where no one will hurt you or make you cry and strangers who love you bid you goodbye

Grouchymom

Totally loving your heart Grouchymom

I haven't checked in to this thread since Mariah was found and boyfriend was charged. Has LE ever announced the COD? Thanks

I for one look foward to reading the “personal tales” that put a human face to situations . Most “personal tales” are a way to allow us a different view of the case information we see. It also keeps a thread high in ranking while we have lapses in case information.

JMHO

BBM

Cases are not necessarily followed by popular ranking, that’s what thread tools are for. I am following three cases, and each are continually slogged down by lengthy personal anecdotes.

BBM

Cases are not necessarily followed by popular ranking, that’s what thread tools are for. I am following three cases, and each are continually slogged down by lengthy personal anecdotes.

Scroll and roll - if a post seems too lengthy (aka wall of text), I scroll right over it.

BBM

I like personal anecdotes. They show me a different perspective to consider.

Silly me. In addition to thread tools, I use Most Recent Thread Replies to find interesting threads (and keep up with them). Oh well, to each his/her own.

moo

I like personal anecdotes. They show me a different perspective to consider.

(O/T, last night I saw an episode of "The Interrogators"...it featured a case about a little 5 month old baby who was in the hospital with horrific injuries. Grandma's boyfriend was interrogated. It took a while to get his confession, but the detectives were talking about how hard it is/was for them to leave their emotions at the door of the interrogating room, knowing a little baby was lying fighting for her life in the hospital...)

http://www.wfmynews2.com/news/local...rch-for-mariah-woods-now-in-5th-day/495471468
Monday, around 6:30 a.m. - Kristy Woods calls the Onslow County Sheriff's Office to report her 3-year-old daughter, Mariah Kay Woods, is missing. The mom says she last saw her around 11 p.m. Sunday.

Monday, 11:15 a.m. - An Amber Alert was released for Woods, describing her as 2-foot-9 and 30 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes.

Monday, 1:16 p.m. - Woods' address is verified on Dawson Cabin Road in Jacksonville

None of this makes sense to me. KW calls 911 around 6:30 and it takes them until 11:15 am to issue an Amber Alert and until 1:15 pm to verify her address. What did they do in the almost 5 hours after KW called 911 and they issued the Amber Alert? They obviously didn't call AW. That would have been one of the FIRST phone calls I would have made if I was KW -yet he didn't even learn about it until after the Amber Alert had been issued.

Bingo. That tells you what KW knew about her daughter and what LE strongly suspected from the get-go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper